Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Well that was a surprise, a fair difference from the Inspire1. Weather permitting I'll take her out for the first flight tomorrow. Am I in for a surprise when I calibrate the compass?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Well that was a surprise, a fair difference from the Inspire1. Weather permitting I'll take her out for the first flight tomorrow. Am I in for a surprise when I calibrate the compass?

Read the manual (typical male) it's exactly the same as the Inspire 1.
The set of batteries that came with the inspire required calibration, the set I bought separately from Heliguy did not require calibration.

Um, 'fraid not :D - Dual IMU's, barometers, batteries and motor control signal paths, but single compass - phantom 4 is better in that respect :confused:
Inspire 2 Now Introduced
Scroll down to Increased reliability section there you will see the reference to dual compass.

I have no idea why DJI do not actually quote it in their specs (other than say 'IMU, Barometer and Sensors'). Since a magnetometer (compass) is a sensor this covers their explanation.
Dual compass is pretty much standard now (although you need three for true redundancy) even if not accessible via any apps GUI - it's there, you just are not aware of it.:)

Calibration? Do you mean theTB50's?

Yes I used the ones I bought separately to set up the various flight parameters in GoApp. When I inserted the ones received with the Inspire and powered the bird the GoApp immediately indicated an update was required. You had the option to continue or clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought it had dual compasses too when I first read the DJI blurb.... but if you read the DJI.COM page (not the forum) for that section it doesn't actually say that. There's only one compass shows up on the Sensor screen in DJI Go for the I2, whereas two show for the P4.

Quite why they left one out I haven't got a clue.... maybe they found from experience with the P4 that it was reliable and a second one *was* really redundant - if one was wrong, then both were wrong! Or maybe they've just hidden the spare one...? Maybe it has a "**Coming soon" in a future firmware update ;) :D

Last edited:
Ah, that clears it up Lesmess, battery firmware update.

You might just want to double check that both battery sets are updated - put the second set back in and start everything up from cold to check if they do need a firmware update too.

Ah, that clears it up Lesmess, battery firmware update.

You might just want to double check that both battery sets are updated - put the second set back in and start everything up from cold to check if they do need a firmware update too.

Good advice, I'll do that. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkyssmartwi-fi