Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inconsistent Battery firmware !!!

Reaction score
Today i mixed up my battery pairs by accident. When i powered on the I2 it reported "Inconsistent battery firmware" and refused to take off.

I have since added the ALPA letters to my battery pairs so this never happens again.

Reactions: NickU
So, they are paired? Interesting.
I should think it wouldn't matter which two were in the bird.

I think I read somewhere in the manual that they want you to keep the batteries in specific pairs.. That is why they gave us the A,B,C,D, and E stickers in duplicate..

Reactions: PB30X
That is true but my mistake is detected by the I2 and quickly warns you so you can rectify. All i'm saying is its a positive feature so an old man like me dont put his I2 at risk

Today i mixed up my battery pairs by accident. When i powered on the I2 it reported "Inconsistent battery firmware" and refused to take off.
Wouldnt both batteries be on the same firmware version ? As the app would update them wouldnt they - after all these issues with I2s "falling" out of the air with battery firmware upgrades ?

Every flight I get the Inconsistent Battery firmware. And must be updated before flight. Batteries are used and charged in pairs.

Every flight I get the Inconsistent Battery firmware. And must be updated before flight. Batteries are used and charged in pairs.
I think you have your "pairs" mixed up. This message is issued when the pair status is not the same. Try inserting one in and if the message appears then rotes another until it dont issue the message then ... put the labels on from the dJI box.

ok
I think you have your "pairs" mixed up. This message is issued when the pair status is not the same. Try inserting one in and if the message appears then rotes another until it dont issue the message then ... put the labels on from the dJI box.
I label my original batteries (OEM) as set AA before the new ones arrived. I purchases a second set from Amazon and label those as BB. the problem occurred after I installed the BB set. ever time I install the fully charge battery from set AA or BB I have to update firmware.

Ok bigrich, try this out and see if it cures anything....

1. Power everything off, I2, RC, tablet. Remove the I2's props (just so it can't takeoff accidentally!)
  2. Connect up the tablet and RC. Make sure your tablet has an internet connection (so it can check and obtain the latest firmware).
  3. Turn on the Remote controller (but not the tablet yet).
  4. Insert the first pair of batteries into the Inspire 2.
  5. Turn on the Inspire 2 and let it power up. You don't need to mount the camera.
  6. Now turn on the tablet and start DJI Go4, but do not enter 'Go Fly'. Stay at the screen that displays a pic of the Inspire 2. As DJI Go starts up, it should show a status message about checking firmware at the top left of the screen. If it says firmware needs updating, then agree/slide bar/ok the message to perform the update. If it says the firmware is up to date, then carry on to next step...
  7. Power the I2 down, replace both batteries with the next pair.
  8. Shutdown DJI Go4
  9. repeat steps 5 to 8 with each battery pair until all are up to date.
The reason for doing it like this is to make sure that DJI Go4 sees each set of batteries and gives you the update prompt if needed. If you're not at the select aircraft screen when you insert batteries with outdated firmware, it won't prompt you to update them.... and if you're unlucky, it may then try and do the update on its own whim when you're up in the air. There's a possibility one person has already had a crash due to this happening.

Once you've gone through each set like this hopefully you'll not see the message again until the next battery firmware is released, or you buy some new batteries.

If you continue to see the message after doing all the above, then you may need to refresh the firmware in the Inspire itself.

Hope that might sort it for you.

Ok bigrich, try this out and see if it cures anything....

1. Power everything off, I2, RC, tablet. Remove the I2's props (just so it can't takeoff accidentally!)
  2. Connect up the tablet and RC. Make sure your tablet has an internet connection (so it can check and obtain the latest firmware).
  3. Turn on the Remote controller (but not the tablet yet).
  4. Insert the first pair of batteries into the Inspire 2.
  5. Turn on the Inspire 2 and let it power up. You don't need to mount the camera.
  6. Now turn on the tablet and start DJI Go4, but do not enter 'Go Fly'. Stay at the screen that displays a pic of the Inspire 2. As DJI Go starts up, it should show a status message about checking firmware at the top left of the screen. If it says firmware needs updating, then agree/slide bar/ok the message to perform the update. If it says the firmware is up to date, then carry on to next step...
  7. Power the I2 down, replace both batteries with the next pair.
  8. Shutdown DJI Go4
  9. repeat steps 5 to 8 with each battery pair until all are up to date.
The reason for doing it like this is to make sure that DJI Go4 sees each set of batteries and gives you the update prompt if needed. If you're not at the select aircraft screen when you insert batteries with outdated firmware, it won't prompt you to update them.... and if you're unlucky, it may then try and do the update on its own whim when you're up in the air. There's a possibility one person has already had a crash due to this happening.

Once you've gone through each set like this hopefully you'll not see the message again until the next battery firmware is released, or you buy some new batteries.

If you continue to see the message after doing all the above, then you may need to refresh the firmware in the Inspire itself.

Hope that might sort it for you.

Thank you for the step by step... Your procedure seems logical. I always wonder if I'm doing things right. I.e. Updating via DJI Go 4 or the DJI Assistant... the first time I tried to be certain the updates were given the chance to get all the battery pairs I used DJI Assistant and refreshed the aircraft update for each pair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde