Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inflated batteries dji tb 50

Reaction score
Can I fly with these batteries? Are batteries safe?
The batteries are slightly inflated and do not pop up when I press the release button.
Does anyone have a similar experience?
I bought a total of 6 batteries and they all have the same problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    387.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2318.png
    IMG_2318.png
    781.8 KB · Views: 64
I would NEVER fly with batteries that show any sign of expansion. It indicates something is wrong and you will at some point have an issue. That could be a fire during charging or failure during flight. Get rid of them.

So how do you have batteries like that and ZERO charges on them? Were they improperly stored or charged? Are they brand new? If so, return them and get good ones.

I would not fly with batteries in that state. There is a real risk of over heating, fire or even explosion. They should be discharged and disposed of in a safe way. Just my opinion ...

Seems you have a history of battery condition related issues.

1. Agree with the comments above in this thread. The batteries should not be used and are fit for disposal. ( Unless still under warranty in which case get them changed)
2. Would strongly suggest you do some searching on this forum - there is plenty of information regarding correct treatment of Lipo packs.
Without wanting to appear condescending the fact you are asking whether it is OK to fly with swollen lipo packs means you should educate yourself as to the correct way to charge/store/maintain Lithium Polymer batteries and familiarize yourself with the inherent dangers of the packs.
Please don't take that the wrong way - it is meant as constructive advice.

Can I fly with these batteries? Are batteries safe?
The batteries are slightly inflated and do not pop up when I press the release button.
Does anyone have a similar experience?
I bought a total of 6 batteries and they all have the same problem.
This is truly bizarre and I agree with those who are saying "Don't use these!". Where in the world did you get these? Sorry for your bad luck.

I bought this month one pair on ebay in china in shenzhen and before several pairs of batteries from european distributors. they are all swollen.
I still can't buy a battery without a defect for several months.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "IYAM_INSPIRED, příspěvek: 196583, člen: 44454"]
To je opravdu bizarní a souhlasím s těmi, kteří říkají "Nepoužívejte je!". Kde jste je získal? Omlouváme se za vaši smůlu.
[/CITÁT]

I bought this month one pair on ebay in china in shenzhen and before several pairs of batteries from european distributors. they are all swollen.
I still can't buy a battery without a defect for several months.
Jiri, please read my reply on DJI forum. Generally is a big NO-NO to use these batts, replace them ASAP. And - oh - never buy LiPO batteries on eBay :( ... Only from DJI authorized resellers!

The inflation is a.sign of leakage etc id not use them even if still slot into inspire.obv give them few more week and theyll burst open.
I think id be returning them if your able if you can find someone to courier them!!
The sellers might be happy with pictures but i think theyd need the battery to return for a credit theyre end.

The inflation is a.sign of leakage etc id not use them even if still slot into inspire.obv give them few more week and theyll burst open.
I think id be returning them if your able if you can find someone to courier them!!
The sellers might be happy with pictures but i think theyd need the battery to return for a credit theyre end.
No, it is not leakage.
The swelling is caused by excess oxygen as a by product of lithium oxide forming on the electrodes (anode and cathode).
There is no leakage taking place, simply a chemical reaction of the electrolyte decomposition.

do you think the batteries are safe for use?

Have you not read any of the previous replies?

No. They are not safe for use. They are not even safe to be left laying around your house unprotected.

Swollen LiPo batteries can become unstable, catch fire and even explode at any time. This risk increases significantly when they are charged or discharged.

However, if you consider Russian Roulette with a loaded gun to be a fun family pastime ... then you might want to use them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1