Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insp. 2 water crash nightmare today

Reaction score
It went dark after 2 h trying to recover my new Inspire 2, 3:rd flight.
Hit branches and it fell down steep rock.
Found it with my underwater Drone but couldnt recover since that batteri draned out.
Will go first thing in the morning, approx 12h after crash.
Sits in 2,7m fresh water, 12 degrees celsius.
I can post video of me trying to recover it with my uw drone.
Nightmare Come True!!
Rescue day tomorrow morning.
Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Does any one know what measures I should take or have advice it would be much appreciated.
This thread was posted for Europe but mayby there is help on this thread as well.
Regards
A

Reactions: Jim Weist
Found it with my underwater Drone but couldnt recover since that batteri draned out.
Nightmare Come True!!
Does any one know what measures I should take or have advice it would be much appreciated.
This thread was posted for Europe but mayby there is help on this thread as well.
Regards
A
Europe thread deleted (we do not allow double posting and that section is for regional meet ups in any case) and this one now moved to correct section (which is the Inspire 2 section).

Thank you, Im sorry, no bad intention in mind.
Sorry to hear about accident. You may be able to recycle some parts, but the drone as a whole is a write-off. I hope she's insured. And, oh, thank you for your efforts to cleanup the scene.

Nightmare Come True!!
Regards
A
Once recovered, I heard taking a hairdryer (low heat) and blowing forever and then storing everything under uncooked rice. That should draw the moisture out. Batteries I would think are history

So, this is what has happened.
I sent the aircraft, gimble, X5S and The cinessd to DJI Holland.
It took 4 days from Sweden to Holland with UPS, fantastic!
So it arrived at DJI service centre on a Thursday and by Tuesday the folliwing week I received the damage repor including two proformas.
One for the aircraft and camera lence and one for the gimble, camera and cinessd.
All parts I sent was considered a total loss.
Since I had no warranty left they where kind to offer me a discount on the totals, guess they felt a bit sorry for me..
Anyway, this was a expensive experience to my pilot skills and risk taking behavior. Advice to you guys out there who dont want to be in my shoes. I crashed because I went passed my limits and experience which resulted from peer pressure trying to satisfy my clients wishes of getting that "angle of shoot". The proforma is valid one month from its notice, so now in Covid Times I'm trying to save up to be able to get replacements of what I lost.
Unfortunatly ny insurence didnt cover.
All the best to you and safe flying.

So it arrived at DJI service centre on a Thursday and by Tuesday the folliwing week I received the damage repor including two proformas.
One for the aircraft and camera lence and one for the gimble, camera and cinessd.
Since I had no warranty left they where kind to offer me a discount on the totals, guess they felt a bit sorry for me..
Anyway, this was a expensive experience to my pilot skills and risk taking behavior. Advice to you guys out there who dont want to be in my shoes. I crashed because I went passed my limits and experience which resulted from peer pressure trying to satisfy my clients wishes of getting that "angle of shoot". The proforma is valid one month from its notice, so now in Covid Times I'm trying to save up to be able to get replacements of what I lost.
Why didn't your insurance cover it? Mine did. I did admit it was my fault clipping the twig.

Just liability?

Cheers, Jon

My insurence only covers third party
Also I found in very very small letters that the drone maximum weight must not exceed 400grams!!
If it wood have been my Parrot it would have covered. I have now upgraded my insurence.

So, at this moment you must digest the loss with no insurance return, right? Hmm, that's a bummer ... Well, get all the parts back, you may be able to accumulate small return selling some of them on eBay. Naturally the functionality of each salvaged part must be confirmed prior to sale, if you want to play fair. I do have experience in this department, but you'll have to ship the body to Canada for autopsy. PM me if you're interested ...

I thought of this until I got this from The support centre.
" Please be kindly noted that, the original unit will not be sent back after payment confirmation/acceptation of the offer according to after-sales policy."

My thought still is, isn't this my property? I am still the legal owner of the parts I sent them?!

I thought of this until I got this from The support centre.
" Please be kindly noted that, the original unit will not be sent back after payment confirmation/acceptation of the offer according to after-sales policy."

My thought still is, isn't this my property? I am still the legal owner of the parts I sent them?!
My offer once from DJI, was 10% off .... & they weren't going keep my **** ;) I thought the 10% off was a slap in the face

Cheers, Jon

Reactions: Ak72
My offer once from DJI, was 10% off .... & they weren't going keep my **** ;) I thought the 10% off was a slap in the face

Cheers, Jon
Iv'e been offered a discount, but still, I would like to have it back, maybe just for keeping on the shelf incase I need spairs one day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop