Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insp. 2 water crash nightmare today

Mine has been a wall hanger for about a year now. Insurance replaced it & as long as I don't fly it, I can keep it. I am just not sure about dependability after water damage. Makes really great art :) Went in the big lake 2 weeks after filming this ...
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 20191104_110803.jpg
    20191104_110803.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20191104_110845.jpg
    20191104_110845.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: CoreySnipes
I thought of this until I got this from The support centre.
" Please be kindly noted that, the original unit will not be sent back after payment confirmation/acceptation of the offer according to after-sales policy."

My thought still is, isn't this my property? I am still the legal owner of the parts I sent them?!
It sounds like dji is as bad on your side of the pond as they are here!

It sounds like dji is as bad on your side of the pond as they are here!
With great possibility to be called a fanboy (again and again), I think this is a fair play on DJI side. They're offering a discount on replacement purchase under condition of keeping the remains of damaged unit. This will allow them to recycle some parts to cover the loss on this deal. Otherwise OP will do exactly the same, reducing the expenses involved in this unfortunate accident ...

With great possibility to be called a fanboy (again and again), I think this is a fair play on DJI side. They're offering a discount on replacement purchase under condition of keeping the remains of damaged unit. This will allow them to recycle some parts to cover the loss on this deal. Otherwise OP will do exactly the same, reducing the expenses involved in this unfortunate accident ...
I agree. In The end I was responsible for the crash and they didnt have to discount a cent. But they did and Im up flying again since last week!

Mine has been a wall hanger for about a year now. Insurance replaced it & as long as I don't fly it, I can keep it. I am just not sure about dependability after water damage. Makes really great art :) Went in the big lake 2 weeks after filming this ...
Cheers, Jon
Incredible timing on that bluff collapse!

I'm curious how your insurance company enforces "as long as I don't fly it, I can keep it". Isn't it yours to do with as you wish? Are they just not willing to insure it, or did you have to agree not to put it in the air?

Incredible timing on that bluff collapse!

I'm curious how your insurance company enforces "as long as I don't fly it, I can keep it". Isn't it yours to do with as you wish? Are they just not willing to insure it, or did you have to agree not to put it in the air?
No - once an insurer pays out on a total loss, they own the salvage unless a special arrangement is made. Which in this case it appears it has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar