Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 amp draw

Yes it may be but I am being lazy and its sunday and my head needs to reboot for the following week! I want to make a discharge unit save flying the bloody machine to calibrate the batteries.

Yes it may be but I am being lazy and its sunday and my head needs to reboot for the following week! I want to make a discharge unit save flying the bloody machine to calibrate the batteries.
Ahhhh......you do not really need that for a simple discharge unit. I use a 24v/35w halogen bulb to discharge the packs. Gives a nice gentle discharge down to cut off without stressing the cells. :)

Anyhoo.....to answer your question on rough and ready calculation on current draw at hover:
If we take a 5700mAh pack and fly it down to 20% we would get roughly 15mins (give or take).
So 4,560mA consumed in 15mins therefore we can assume that approximate current at hover is a little over 18Amps (around 18.2A). Obviously considerably more at climb out etc.
So taking nominal pack voltage at 3.7 per cell x 6 gives 22.2v that equates to roughly 400watts.
So my 35watt truck bulb is nice and gentle. :p

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Droider
Quality answer thanks that will save me a load of mither. Does the pack auto turn off when it gets to 0% or you you have a volt meter / amp meter in line?
There is an auto low voltage cut off (LVC) to stop the cells going below 3.1v and causing damage.
Generally anything around 3.3v is sufficiently drained to accommodate pack calibration but the pack will switch itself off before any damage is done.
You then simply need to allow it to recover back to ambient (usually around 30mins) and then fully charge to 100%.

Reactions: Droider
Uh...

My calculator says 404W ;)
Oh bummer - yes so does mine :p.
Its Sunday and I'm knackered My P=IV needs an IV(Drip). I took the voltage of one cell instead of six :rolleyes:

Kilrah is correct its approx 404watts at hover (18.2 x 22.2 = 404.04W) - Sorry, normal service is now resumed.

Original post now corrected

Starting from a full battery yes, but to drain the remaining capacity after a flight it's good enough.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop