Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 connection issues

JSX

Reaction score
I am having a problem getting a full connection between an I1v1 and its remote. The AC has a fast flashing yellow while the controller has a steady green. The app shows disconnected but there is some connection to the AC because I can move the camera and snap a photo, but cannot do anything else.

AC is on firmware 1.8.1.00+
Camera 1.8.1.00
RC firmware unknown (I have tried to update using 1.8.1.00, nothing happens)
Android DJI GO 3.1.61

This is the same AC I had issues with a constant flashing red which went away with a known good battery from another Inspire, this one a v2 and it works great.

Yesterday while messing with the v1 I decided to try to bind it to the v2 controller and was successful, fired up and flew completely normal.

The strange part is from what I have read, this shouldn't have been possible as the v2 controller is on firmware 1.7.80.

Any ideas?

I would try rolling back the RC firmware on the controller to 1.6.0. You do it via the DJI Go app, just press the three bars in the upper right corner of the intro screen for 3-5 seconds. Make sure the controller is powered on and connected.

Once at the firmware "downgrade" screen, be sure it says Inspire 1 at the top and that it shows the firmware below that.

If the firmware is below 1.3.0 then you have to put 1.3.0 on a USB flash drive and update it to at least 1.3.0 via the USB flash drive method.

If your firmware is above 1.3.0, then update your firmware to 1.6.0. Even if it shows 1.6.0 as the current firmware, do a refresh on it to that version.

Once that is done and the controller goes green to signify complete, power it off completely, then start it back up and pair it with the aircraft and you should be fine.

If it will not pair properly, then the controller may be bad.

In regards to why a 1.7.8 version controller from a V2 will work with a V1 on 1.8.01.00 is because the issues with the later RC firmwares with earlier aircraft firmwares are intermittent and inconsistent.

I will admit, I noticed no issues with a aircraft at 1.9.1.40 with a GL658C controller on 1.7.8, but a GL658B controller on 1.7.8 exhibits inconsistent video and communication control of the aircraft.

I have all three revisions of controllers (A/B/C) and I am still trying to ascertain the differences. I can say the A and B controllers are passively cooled (no cooling fan inside), yet the C have an internal fan to control temps.

I can also attest to the fact that the C controllers get warmer than the B controllers do during the same amount of usage. I will have to test the A controllers under similar conditions to determine how warm they get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk