Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Drifting vertically

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I finally stepped up to the Inspire after owning Phantoms for the last couple of years.

I got the inspire all dialed in in a flying with the help of a buddy, but I do have one pretty signifant issue. The Drone wants to climb and descent on it's own and sometimes at a pretty fast rate. I can control the drift by applying throttle in the opposite direction but sometimes it get "stuck" wanting to climb pretty hard and I have to use nearly 1/3 of the control input to get it to stop.

Sometimes it slowly drifts down and this only requires a little up movement on the stick to neutralize.
I when it wants to climb or descend, I can ususally stabilize it by applying the opposite input a few times and it will then hover steady.

I have tried IMU Calibration, Remote Calibration and I have Calibrated the Compass after each flight.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm sort of at the end of my rope and don't have a lot of confidence for my upcoming shoot next week in the Bahamas, over water.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

I finally stepped up to the Inspire after owning Phantoms for the last couple of years.

I got the inspire all dialed in in a flying with the help of a buddy, but I do have one pretty signifant issue. The Drone wants to climb and descent on it's own and sometimes at a pretty fast rate. I can control the drift by applying throttle in the opposite direction but sometimes it get "stuck" wanting to climb pretty hard and I have to use nearly 1/3 of the control input to get it to stop.

Sometimes it slowly drifts down and this only requires a little up movement on the stick to neutralize.
I when it wants to climb or descend, I can ususally stabilize it by applying the opposite input a few times and it will then hover steady.

I have tried IMU Calibration, Remote Calibration and I have Calibrated the Compass after each flight.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm sort of at the end of my rope and don't have a lot of confidence for my upcoming shoot next week in the Bahamas, over water.

Thanks in advance.
This doesn't sound quite right.
The Inspire fixes its height using a small barometric sensor that has a resolution of around 10cm.
It should not be fluctuating up and down of its own accord.
Is this happening even in a hover on a virtually windless day?

Windy or not. Doesn't matter. I wonder if my barometric sensor is bad?

I don't know what else I can do on my end. Everything is calibrated and I'm running the latest firmware.

Windy or not. Doesn't matter. I wonder if my barometric sensor is bad?

I don't know what else I can do on my end. Everything is calibrated and I'm running the latest firmware.
Can you post a video of the problem?

I'm having the same issue. I'll post the link to the video I shot today. I've upgraded to the most recent firmware and calibrated imu and compass. Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. I'll post the link to the video I shot today. I've upgraded to the most recent firmware and calibrated imu and compass. Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mine does this sometimes as well.

One way to test the barometric sensor would be to turn on the battery for a couple of minutes without flying it. Then look at the .DAT file for that "flight" to see if the barometric sensor changed during this interval.

Reactions: lrh111
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Had the EXACT same issue (and other issues), im headed to the Keys next week so im sending this one back and trying again with a replacement while its still in the return window!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth