Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Image cuts out alot

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1, and the video feed cuts out a lot on my phone, and it says "No image is available. Return to home?" The video on the SD card looks fine. The telemetry data still updates, so it's still connected, just the video cuts out. This happens seemily randomly, sometimes when it's 10 feet away, or 100 feet away. the Signal bars on the top of the app show it as being full.
I tried holding down the video, photo C1, and C2 buttons while power cycling the controller, that didn't seem to do anything.
I cleaned off the camera contacts with rubbing alcohol on the gimbal and drone, and they all look straight to me, none of them are bent.
I don't have another controller to pair it with to test that.
Anything else I can try?

Attachments

• Screenshot-DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot-DJI GO.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 12
I have an Inspire 1, and the video feed cuts out a lot on my phone, and it says "No image is available. Return to home?" The video on the SD card looks fine. The telemetry data still updates, so it's still connected, just the video cuts out. This happens seemily randomly, sometimes when it's 10 feet away, or 100 feet away. the Signal bars on the top of the app show it as being full.
I tried holding down the video, photo C1, and C2 buttons while power cycling the controller, that didn't seem to do anything.
I cleaned off the camera contacts with rubbing alcohol on the gimbal and drone, and they all look straight to me, none of them are bent.
Anything else I can try?
I see in the screenshot that you are near a house, there may be a strong intereference at that particular location, there may be wifi routers and other devices flooding the 2.4Ghz bandwith. Do you have the same break up when flying outside of the city? How long until the video come back, a second, few seconds or it doesn't come back at all until you move the drone closer to you?

The first and very easy thing to do is to try to click on the HD menu in the app and select a different custom transmitting channel, or if that doesn't improve the video feed to change it to auto channel selection.

Also the forum is full with info for similar problems, a deep search and long reading may give you better perspective about what could be the problem in your case as there is no simple answer.

Anything else I can try?

The ribbon cables are often crimped from the factory and after time they'll short out. DJI Inspire 1 Quadcopter Fast Mounting Gimbal Port Cable Part 17. They're easy to install but not so easy to find anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74