Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 in Namibia, Africa

Short video shot over 3 weeks in Namibia. Enjoy!

Finally, we have a real quality video of footage shot with the Inspire. This is stunning and well edited. Nice music selection as well. What I also like it the variety in the footage so we don't see the same thing for 5 minutes. I'm curious as to how many hours of footage did you need to produce this video, and how many GB's did that represent on your hard drive.

Question about the ship wreck shot. There is a 1 second shot that is a closeup of the wreck. Did you actually fly this close or was this a crop of 4K footage? Either way it looks great.

Very well done and I look forward to my upcoming trips to the Maldives and Mauritius in the coming month. Seems like the Inspire lives up to the expectations.

Cheers.

Finally, we have a real quality video of footage shot with the Inspire. This is stunning and well edited. Nice music selection as well. What I also like it the variety in the footage so we don't see the same thing for 5 minutes. I'm curious as to how many hours of footage did you need to produce this video, and how many GB's did that represent on your hard drive.

Question about the ship wreck shot. There is a 1 second shot that is a closeup of the wreck. Did you actually fly this close or was this a crop of 4K footage? Either way it looks great.

Very well done and I look forward to my upcoming trips to the Maldives and Mauritius in the coming month. Seems like the Inspire lives up to the expectations.

Cheers.

Thank you for your kind comments. You are quite right, the variety of shots make a big difference in my view. The film was shot over a 3 week period covering a total of 4,500km over 40 flights and using some 275GB (!) of hard drive, lol.

The ship wreck scene was shot in one take and involves no cropping. Wanted to fly between the two masts but couldn't go any closer due to high (and gusty) winds....

Enjoy the Maldives, you might see me there soon as I too am looking for great shots there!

Thank you for your kind comments. You are quite right, the variety of shots make a big difference in my view. The film was shot over a 3 week period covering a total of 4,500km over 40 flights and using some 275GB (!) of hard drive, lol.

The ship wreck scene was shot in one take and involves no cropping. Wanted to fly between the two masts but couldn't go any closer due to high (and gusty) winds....

Enjoy the Maldives, you might see me there soon as I too am looking for great shots there!

t's all been said before, but I'd like to add my kudos for a great video. ;)

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Some amazing shots in there! I'm pausing halfway through to comment but love the elephant herd shots. I like how you spliced together some non inspire 1 footage in here too, I almost wish it was more intertwined with the aerial stuff. Did you visit Namibia on your own or with a tour group or something? How was getting around there.

I could also really do without the watermark over the whole video too, kinda distracting! Put your logo at the begining and end, or something small in the corner if your REALLY need to.

Some amazing shots in there! I'm pausing halfway through to comment but love the elephant herd shots. I like how you spliced together some non inspire 1 footage in here too, I almost wish it was more intertwined with the aerial stuff. Did you visit Namibia on your own or with a tour group or something? How was getting around there.

I could also really do without the watermark over the whole video too, kinda distracting! Put your logo at the begining and end, or something small in the corner if your REALLY need to.

Thank you Ross. I agree, there should be more ground shots of the same scenes. It is of course a bit tricky to fly the Inspire and operate a ground camera at the same time. But your point is of course 100% right. Will certainly incorporate that in next video.

I visited Namibia on my own but hooked up with some friends who live there.

Re watermark: no can do I am afraid. Many people out there who would unashamedly pinch the footage and claim it their own. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth