Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
not 3 times better as its price

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree agreeably. Today, based on my needs and my preferences for a camera platform, as a professional, I would select and pay for the Inspire 1 again with no qualms whatsoever.

As stated above, what I paid three months ago was a bargain for what I got. I thought that then; I think that now. The introduction of the Phantom 3 has not changed anything for me. I'm a happy satisfied customer! :cool:

Last edited:
Did a flight with my Phantom 2 yesterday and immediately felt that I probably will never fly it again.
Certainly it is easily flown, safe and cheap. But the disadvantages of wind sensitivity, constantly getting
the propellers in the picture and little things like that it falls forward on landing, etc. means that I will sell it now.

That Phantom 3 looks the same, does not make me feel inspired to buy it.
No matter how much technology they put in, when the fuselage is completely wrong.

Inspire 1 is so much more pleasant to fly, more responsive, faster. It is made for professional use, with two hand controls.
I bought a hexacopter for a little more than 6k, before I bought my Inspire.
Inspire 1 makes the twice as expensive hexacopter, seem to come from the stone age.

It's clear that recent Inspire purchasers in this thread are doing their utmost to attempt to wear a brave face and justify their purchases in the knowledge that they could have paid one third of the price for a P3 for more or less the same abilities, had they known and waited. Inspire 1 is moribund, and its additional features over and above the P3 are simply not worth the $ difference, and are of interest to just a comparatively small handful of users.

As someone up above said, "...all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investiment"

No, regrettably, DJI have killed their own inspiration.

It's very apparent that you don't know as much as you seem to think you do.

Forgot to mention a thought I had.

I buy a lot of computer parts, then I like to be at the forefront there.
Simply want to be able to work quickly and smoothly.

A computer drops very rapidly in value, becouse it evolves very rapidly ahead in that industry.
I remember when I bought a new computer for about the same price as an INSPIRE one costs today.
A computer for 3k, was sold a year later for about 1k.

It is similarly in this industry. New technologies that are better push down the prices of the old.
For my own part, I am just happy that there will be new, faster and better technology.
It makes my job a lot easier.

But it cost to be in the frontline of technology...

You dont get it, The Inspire has 360 degree 2nd camera operator for the professional Pilot and Camera Operator working together. Also the Inspire has HDMI output on both remotes which is needed again for the profession web streamers broadcasting live events from the copter. Also the Inspire flys much faster forward flight as well as much better blade clearance with its landing gear.
The Phantom 3 and the Inspire are 2 totally different copters, one is for the professional and the other is for the more advanced professional with more needs.

Don't forget the expandability of the Inspire vs the P3.

I've said this too many times already... But I'll say it one more time... It's simple, if you don't see the value in the benefits the Inspire offers over the P3, then sell your inspire and get a P3 and be happy. If you do see the benefits then you'll be happy with your purchase and stoked to be flying a far superior craft that is designed for professional use and not a toy.

I've said this too many times already... But I'll say it one more time... It's simple, if you don't see the value in the benefits the Inspire offers over the P3, then sell your inspire and get a P3 and be happy. If you do see the benefits then you'll be happy with your purchase and stoked to be flying a far superior craft that is designed for professional use and not a toy.

^^^
I approve your post.

Reactions: Farnet
If the announcement of the Phantom 3 has upset you this much, then quickly box up all your DJI stuff & put it up for sale. Whether it's a toy or a tool doesn't matter... If you paid for it with cash or credit card is beside the point & even if you over-extended yourself financial or it were but a drop in the bucket, it's all the same for you, GET RID OF IT!!!

This happens at least 3 times a year, next time may be in June or September & the Phantom 3 owners will join in with you crying, kicking, & screaming with these temper-tantrums. My point is, you'll never be happy with what you have & only spread your misery on to your family & all of us on these forums!! So PLEASE take the advice (it's free...), sell your equipment & be happy!!

Wormwood

All I know is I transitioned from flying R/C Planes for the last five years directly to the Inspire 1 and love every minute of it!
I've never flown a Phantom or any other Copter for that matter. After reading this Forum for the last few months and seeing how many people were selling their Phantoms to step up to the I1, it only seemed logical to go directly to the inspire.
I really enjoy reading this Forum. There's a wealth of information here!

Reactions: PB30X
not really dead when the hand held gimbal comes out, and inspire ownres already have the camera, no brainer, ill buy it. and when a new better camera/gimbal comes out the inspire will be that much farther ahead of everything including the p3, which i have pre ordered as it will be usefull in many situations.

It's clear that recent Inspire purchasers in this thread are doing their utmost to attempt to wear a brave face and justify their purchases in the knowledge that they could have paid one third of the price for a P3 for more or less the same abilities, had they known and waited. Inspire 1 is moribund, and its additional features over and above the P3 are simply not worth the $ difference, and are of interest to just a comparatively small handful of users.

As someone up above said, "...all the people like me who invested in a I1 machine will feel like a fool only 2/3 months after their investiment"

No, regrettably, DJI have killed their own inspiration

Do you own an inspire Alan? I changed the colour of your text to a more appropriate colour.

A few weeks ago I travelled over 12 hours one way (3 plane flights and several hours of driving) to fly for a job in a remote location with my inspire.

The weather was forecast to be light winds and sunny skies. I arrived to howling 45-50km/h gusts with a 2 hour window to fly. I waited half an hour to see if the wind would drop, it picked up even more.

The clients arrived and giving the excuse "it's too windy to fly today" wasn't really going to work out for me.

I flew, got some great images and video, and left happy clients smiling and waving still in amazement with what they just saw.

Doubt any of my phantoms would have stood up so well in these conditions.

The inspire payed for itself that day.

What a useless whiney thread. Close please.

^^^^
I approve this post.

I own a business that constantly face challenges, competition, and equipment reliability. Yes I could offer cheaper service cost but they get what they pay for and ultimately so will I.

I run top of the line equipment and my client feel confident it was money well spent when they hire me and this how you separate the "just get by" from the real pros.

Do you own an inspire Alan? I changed the colour of your text to a more appropriate colour.

A few weeks ago I travelled over 12 hours one way (3 plane flights and several hours of driving) to fly for a job in a remote location with my inspire.

The weather was forecast to be light winds and sunny skies. I arrived to howling 45-50km/h gusts with a 2 hour window to fly. I waited half an hour to see if the wind would drop, it picked up even more.

The clients arrived and giving the excuse "it's too windy to fly today" wasn't really going to work out for me.

I flew, got some great images and video, and left happy clients smiling and waving still in amazement with what they just saw.

Doubt any of my phantoms would have stood up so well in these conditions.

The inspire payed for itself that day.

What a useless whiney thread. Close please.

No envy here. I own a P2 and a Flamewheel F550, and wouldn't want to waste my hard-earned on an Inspire, thank you.

Yes, someone close or lock the thread, I so hate the taste of sour grapes.

Nice, I also own an F550 (sitting dormant for the past 2 years) and a phantom or two, plus some more hobby grade setups like a QAV500G and QAV250. I can tell you none come even close to the quality of the inspire. The way it flies and also the photos and videos it produces is second to none.

You don't even own an inspire, so you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Nicholson
I for one am selling my Inspire for the P3. My reasons.....

P3- Ease of use, props on, complete setup straight out of a nice sized back pack. Take out turn on and you're up! I love my inspire but the 2 minutes it takes to setup turns me off, I must have little patience-)

For my needs, aerial photography of real estate mainly, I don't need the inspire which is a beast! The inspire is more than a toy it's an amazing piece of technology. Now with the new P3 I can get my 12mp stills from the Dji app. I can also film in 4k.

So yeah, nothing against my inspire it's fantastic but for my needs a P3 will be sufficient.

P3- Ease of use, props on, complete setup straight out of a nice sized back pack. Take out turn on and you're up! I love my inspire but the 2 minutes it takes to setup turns me off, I must have little patience-)

For my needs, aerial photography of real estate mainly, I don't need the inspire which is a beast! The inspire is more than a toy it's an amazing piece of technology. Now with the new P3 I can get my 12mp stills from the Dji app. I can also film in 4k.

So yeah, nothing against my inspire it's fantastic but for my needs a P3 will be sufficient.

How much you want to sell your I1 for?

Now stop and think before you answer. If you ask for a price that is close to current market value then your argument is flawed because it shows there exist a higher value of use in the I1 than you can reason with. Now if you really feel strong about your reason to replace the I1 for the P3 then one would expect to off load the I1 as quickly as possible to have enough extra funds to replace and purchase more accessories such as batteries, case, backup drone, etc. without dipping into your pocket.

You stated that your NEEDS outweigh the current use of the I1 so we as buyer would love to see used, excellent running Inspire 1 at a 1/3 less than current used market value. I am sure you will have no trouble is off loading that Inspire. I've bought and sold enough high valued items to tell who is really serious about selling it and the ones that deep down does not want to get rid of it.

So the question is, how much you're selling the Inspire 1 for.

How much you want to sell your I1 for?

Now stop and think before you answer. If you ask for a price that is close to current market value then your argument is flawed because it shows there exist a higher value of use in the I1 than you can reason with. Now if you really feel strong about your reason to replace the I1 for the P3 then one would expect to off load the I1 as quickly as possible to have enough extra funds to replace and purchase more accessories such as batteries, case, backup drone, etc. without dipping into your pocket.

You stated that your NEEDS outweigh the current use of the I1 so we as buyer would love to see used, excellent running Inspire 1 at a 1/3 less than current used market value. I am sure you will have no trouble is off loading that Inspire. I've bought and sold enough high valued items to tell who is really serious about selling it and the ones that deep down does not want to get rid of it.

So the question is, how much you're selling the Inspire 1 for.

That is a very inspired comment ... I fully agree with this sentiment. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I'd be interested in buying a good used Inspire 1 as a back-up. What are you asking? Would it include shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide