Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - issues as of June 2015

Some people seem to have reduced video range, whether it's a firmware/app issue, faulty equipment or due to the environment they're in is pretty much impossible to figure out. But the fact that many of us have not experienced that would tend to suggest it is not a systematic issue that was introduced by software.

I run all latest versions and my I1 works just as good as always.
Ditto

What viewing device are you using? My Samsung S4 works well, my Samsung Tab is terrible.
iPhone 6, iPad mini 2, Samsung S6, Samsung Tab Pro 10.1.

The Tab Pro is a bit too laggy but all work the same with regard to distance/handling etc as they should.

W

I don't have any issues. in that video i turned around at 2.6km range, full signal and about 70% battery. Got a warning that i should return because my battery would get low when i got back.
At landing i had around 43% battery left. dont think you should worry. :)
what app version?

Also why would they do it, except if it were done to follow some regulations, but in that case they absolutely should have announced it and wrote it in the change log on the firmware update.

He it's DJI we're talking about,and they have never given any information about thiso_O[/QUOTE]

Well these kind of things they would need to announce, i mean if they all of a sudden decreased the range from 2 km to 250 meters i bet the Inspire 1 owners would go berserk. And thats on their expensive drone that is for prosumers that need a much longer FPV range than 250 meters. I know i would not be quiet if i bought a 2900 USD drone that suppose to do 2 Km FPV and all of a sudden it dropped to 250 meters.
And in that case the Phantom 3 would also have gotten a decreased range, is that the case with the Phantom 3?

Im in the process of buying either an Inspire 1 or a Phantom 3 Professional. It leans towards the Inspire 1, but i have heard about the lot of problems experienced in the beginning of the year with the Inspire 1.
So i wanted to ask if all these problems are addressed and fixed, or is there currently any known problems with the Inspire 1?

Thanks for some help.
I had same thoughts but I think most issues were resolved so I went ahead and bought one. Awesome is all I can say.

[QUOTE="Mr Phantom,
Well these kind of things they would need to announce, i mean if they all of a sudden decreased the range from 2 km to 250 meters i bet the Inspire 1 owners would go berserk. And thats on their expensive drone that is for prosumers that need a much longer FPV range than 250 meters. I know i would not be quiet if i bought a 2900 USD drone that suppose to do 2 Km FPV and all of a sudden it dropped to 250 meters.
And in that case the Phantom 3 would also have gotten a decreased range, is that the case with the Phantom 3?[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed that some users here are stating that they have seen no decrease in range on their Inspires? Maybe they know something that the others do not? Have you ever changed you transmission settings from Auto to Custom and selected your best channel and then lowered the transmission rate to 4mbps? Also The DJI App is very processor intensive. If your device is not up to the task most will throttle back the processor causing loss of video. Temperature is also a factor. My iPad 2 mini starts to go into thermal shut down at ambient temperatures above 95F. I should have known that when I purchased it, it is in the specs. Just some food for thought.

Agree, changing your transmission settings from Auto to Custom, select your best channel and then lowered the transmission rate to 4mbps helps. I experienced some lags occasionally, but selecting the best channel manually normaly solvs that completely. Also, download the magnetology app, as this has great impact in communications.

Also, I use an iPad mini 2 and a 7 inch hdmi monitor, that later has a much height refreshing rate, breaks much less and is most useful for camera/gimbal operators.

Im in the process of buying either an Inspire 1 or a Phantom 3 Professional. It leans towards the Inspire 1, but i have heard about the lot of problems experienced in the beginning of the year with the Inspire 1.
So i wanted to ask if all these problems are addressed and fixed, or is there currently any known problems with the Inspire 1?

Thanks for some help.

Just joined your community today. I'm also in the process of purchasing an I1. I already own a couple Phantoms and although the P3 may be comparable and more affordable, I'm still thinking the I1 is the way to go.
From everything I have read on forums, it seems that as long as you keep up with the firmware updates (updating everything that requires updating), you should be flying fine. Currently, I'm debating on whether I should purchase the single remote or dual remote package. Knowing that the dual remote package may yield better shots/video than through a single remote, can you still obtain decent shots/video with a single remote?

Well the v1.2 iOS app has been a disaster for many folks, causing dangerous "Disconnected" dead screen incidents mid-flight (3 in my first 10 min of flight with v1.2).

Switching back to v1.1.2 solved it for me. I had everything optimized (hw decoding enabled, no video caching, auto channel) on both versions. iPad Mini 2.

Your mileage may vary.

Just joined your community today. I'm also in the process of purchasing an I1. I already own a couple Phantoms and although the P3 may be comparable and more affordable, I'm still thinking the I1 is the way to go.
From everything I have read on forums, it seems that as long as you keep up with the firmware updates (updating everything that requires updating), you should be flying fine. Currently, I'm debating on whether I should purchase the single remote or dual remote package. Knowing that the dual remote package may yield better shots/video than through a single remote, can you still obtain decent shots/video with a single remote?
Yes, you can get decent results with a single remote.

This may be a stupid question but, how do you save copies of the app itself?
The other question I have is...can you save fw updates separately and then upload the ones you want/need? or go back to a previous version if a fw you uploaded to your I1 didn't work as well as the previous fw upload?

This may be a stupid question but, how do you save copies of the app itself?
The other question I have is...can you save fw updates separately and then upload the ones you want/need? or go back to a previous version if a fw you uploaded to your I1 didn't work as well as the previous fw upload?

For iOS, just save the ipa file off somewhere in your computer. Just go into iTunes and find the DJI Pilot app under apps, right click and go to the file location and copy it. To load that later onto your device even after a newer version is in iTunes, use an app called iTools to install it back on your device.

You can't go backwards on FW right now unfortunately.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Here is a quick range test using iOS 8.4 on an iPad mini 3 with the latest DJI Pilot app version 1.2. So far the 1.2 app has worked really well for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot

Thanks for some help.
Bought mine 4 weeks ago...25 flights..flawless!!

Here is a quick range test using iOS 8.4 on an iPad mini 3 with the latest DJI Pilot app version 1.2. So far the 1.2 app has worked really well for the most part.

Wow, 10,000 feet, thats 3km ornery 1.9 miles. Great distance! Stock antenna? See you were at 500ft though which makes a difference but is over the legal limit

I could have done lower but from where I fly, there are houses over me so need a little bit extra height to maintain perfect signal at that distance. I usually stay at 400 if I am only doing a mile or a mile and a half.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk