Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 New Firmware v1.2.0.14

If you're referring to my post I thought I would add that wind was dead / calm both flights today.

Sorry my post was replying the subject actually, about the firmware update for the compass error.

For your case, writ, had u got a chance to check before that flight the heading position of your drone in the apps, and its distance from your standing position? I am so unconfident about all these sort of digital sensors so far and before each flight, I would check my orientation with a classical compass. Then check if the drone is facing the right direction. Then also check if it fixes a position correctly before a flight in the map view.

You may have done all that, and if so it still can fly unexpectedly like that, that's really a big problem for DJI.

Hey wriv, could you post the raw DNG file of those photos? They look like they have a lot of noise

I tweaked the heck out of the images using snapseed on my phone. It tends to destroy file quality and create noise when viewing in outside applications such as (in this instance) a low-res viewer like instagram. Additionally I haven't tweaked camera settings yet: this is straight out of the box default jpeg.

In the case of both flights thus far I was focused more on maintaining stable flight rather than achieving anything else.
Attached is one of the above examples straight out of the camera (jpeg) for reference if you're still interested in seeing it.

Oh and customer support, now based in LA, was very helpful and accommodating.
Progress on my support ticket is still ongoing but I'll keep you guys posted once I know more!

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
I tweaked the heck out of the images using snapseed on my phone. It tends to destroy file quality and create noise when viewing in outside applications such as (in this instance) a low-res viewer like instagram. Additionally I haven't tweaked camera settings yet: this is straight out of the box default jpeg.

I really appreciate you uploading that. Next time your up in the air snap a DNG for me :) thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018