Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 or 2 purchase help

Reaction score
I have been flying a Phantom for some time and want to take a step to the In spire, right now my budget would allow be to purchase a new Inspire 2 with the x4s(and save up for a x5s) or a lightly used, well outfitted, Inspire 1 with x5r. Image quality is important to me.

Thoughts? I know the image quality from the x5r will surpass that of the x4s, but is the Inspire 2 a better enough drone that I should jump in with it and the x4s and save my pennies for a x5 later on?

Any input is appreciated. Having a tough decision.

Thanks,
Scott

I have been flying a Phantom for some time and want to take a step to the In spire, right now my budget would allow be to purchase a new Inspire 2 with the x4s(and save up for a x5s) or a lightly used, well outfitted, Inspire 1 with x5r. Image quality is important to me.

Thoughts? I know the image quality from the x5r will surpass that of the x4s, but is the Inspire 2 a better enough drone that I should jump in with it and the x4s and save my pennies for a x5 later on?

Any input is appreciated. Having a tough decision.

Thanks,
Scott
You didn't want to go for the Inspire 1 you were looking at back at the beginning of July?
Help purchasing an Inspire Pro
What made you change your mind?

It all depends on what you are using the drone for. Small videos you produce? X5R will be fine.

Film and TV shows you will need the CineRAW and the ProRes capabilities of the X5S

Reactions: Advexure
I saw some output of of the X5 @ 60Mbps and wasn't happy with it. I do a lot of color grading in day job couldn't get the color out of it that I wanted. The RAW of the X5R looked pretty good. IF I went with the 2, the x4s would just be temp for a year or so. Outside of resolution, is the quality of the X5s in raw that much better than the X5r in raw to justify the expense difference? The flight time of the Inspire 2 is attractive.

I saw some output of of the X5 @ 60Mbps and wasn't happy with it. I do a lot of color grading in day job couldn't get the color out of it that I wanted. The RAW of the X5R looked pretty good. IF I went with the 2, the x4s would just be temp for a year or so. Outside of resolution, is the quality of the X5s in raw that much better than the X5r in raw to justify the expense difference? The flight time of the Inspire 2 is attractive.

The camera sensor is the same for the X5r and the X5s. the difference is the Cinecore engine in the I2 that is optimized for the CineRaw and ProRes.

again , it comes back to what are you using the camera for?

Reactions: Cruncher
All types of videography, mostly for television. Will almost always be color graded.

For broadcast series? or for local commercials? The I2 is optimized for workflow and that's important for when you are handing off the data at the end of the day like you would on a series where you are not doing the CC. If it's for work you are producing end to end the X5r will give you the same overall image quality as the X5s

The camera sensor is the same for the X5r and the X5s.
If the sensor is the same size, yet the pixel rate has gone from 16mp(x5r) to 20mp (x5s) surly there must be some difference (I'm not a massive photo nerd- so I may be wrong!) - I hope so otherwise I should have kept my Inspire 1 Pro Black and not upgraded to I2

The I2/X5S also has a much better power reserve than the I1/X5R combo. The I1 is much closer to its lifting limit. The I2 has a lot of power left.

Reactions: Advexure
The I2/X5S also has a much better power reserve than the I1/X5R combo. The I1 is much closer to its lifting limit. The I2 has a lot of power left.

I agree with Eric, when I put the X5 camera on my Inspire 1 I got the feeling the craft was approaching its limits. No such feeling with the I2, that thing's got some real power. The I1/X3 camera is a great setup, but for a heavy camera you want the I2.

In the US, Florida Drone Supply is a great dealer.

Bob

If you are still thinking about the I1...
DJI Inspire 1 v2.0 RAW Quadcopter with Zenmuse X5R CP.BX.000067

Brand new I1, X5R, 2 RCs, and 3 batteries for $3800.

Thus far, the only downside I miss about my Phantoms is the flight time of the I1 is not what I got out of the P3 line. To the point of actually thinking of a battery mod for the first time since I started flying these birds.

I, however, am not flying commercially, only as a hobbyist so weigh that into this info as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen