Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 or M100 for FLIR XT?

Reaction score
Looking for a drone host for the XT and can't decide between the two. It seems the M100 can mount more cameras but the lack of a sealed housing and all those exposed wires kinda scare me lol. I'd love to get a m210 but it's a bit rich for my blood lol.

It seems the M100 can mount more cameras
I have both airframes. i am using preferably the M100 with the XT, because i can use 2 TB47D or 2 TB48D as power source. (and you can experiment with custom payloads easier with the M100 than the Inspire 1)
Depending on what mount/gimbal attachment you have installed, you can use a X3, Z3, X5, XT and a Z30

but the lack of a sealed housing
There is one housing you can attach on top of the M100: The Canopy - DRONExpert Netherlands

I'd love to get a m210
If you need only 1 gimbal, use a M200 and the XT. (Better a XT2 - but it's a budget thing ...)

Looking for a drone host for the XT and can't decide between the two. It seems the M100 can mount more cameras but the lack of a sealed housing and all those exposed wires kinda scare me lol. I'd love to get a m210 but it's a bit rich for my blood lol.
If you happen to be in FL you could come down to our store and try both of them. We have an M100 and a few used Inspire 1s (and 1 new one I believe). If you do decide you are interested in the M200 platform as suggested above, we also have a dealer demo of that we could get you some very good pricing on.

But as for performance between your original 2 options, they are going to fly pretty much the same. 2 batteries on an M100 is definitely a good advantage. Please have been making modifications to Inspire 1s to get the same result, but its much cleaner on an M100.

Just let us know if there is anything we can do to get you more info to help you decide.

I chose the I1 V2 and put the extra money into my XT sensor. Older frame, but still lots of parts and good prices on batteries. Actually will probably get another I1 used as backup. Works great for solar and tank inspection

Reactions: Termin8or
I chose the I1 V2 and put the extra money into my XT sensor. Older frame, but still lots of parts and good prices on batteries. Actually will probably get another I1 used as backup. Works great for solar and tank inspection
Yes - it definitely made its mark on the industry and continues to stay relevant. We are working on an inventory of all of our used Inspire 1 items we have taken in on trade over the past year or so. I know we advertised and sold some large quantities of it, but do believe we still have everything from the airframes, remotes, batteries, X3, X5, X5R, GPC Case, etc available. When we have it ready, we will post it on the forums for everyone and put a message here for the original poster to consider as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool