Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 or Phantom 3

Reaction score
I sold all of my p2 vision stuff. Question is should I get a p3 or inspire. Looking to get close to buildings for inspections and the like. I like the idea of the 360 gimble on the inspire so I can keep the bird oriented forward backward and rotate the camera. Plus I can get one now. But p3 is less expensive. Should I wait and get a p3. Will there be a lot of bugs to work out with p3. Any feedback welcome. Price is not the deciding factor. Also inspire batteries are available

I've never flown a phantom or any bird to be honest, took the plunge with the Inspire 1, have to say, its a dream to fly, straight out of the box, its steady and rock solid, it's auto up & down landing gear, DJI Pilot App. I looked at the phantom before deciding but felt its was just a bulk of pre-mould plastic, let a bit flimsy was-as the Inspire is made up of beautiful carbon fibre and aluminium frame work and a subtle plastic body. This bird just attracts admirers...

Yes the new phantom does have some of the features of the Inspire, and has similar camera spec

But what to I know, i'm just a drone virgin, creaming my pants overtime I fly the beaut!

Hey NH phantom!!
I'd say for close proximity flying I'd suggest the p3..
There is a mapping feature that might come in handy and they are far more durable if you have a crash!!
I doubt there will be many bugs with the p3 due to it being a proven platform and that many of the hardware and software are already being used in the inspire..
If you can afford both I'd say get the inspire now ad a p3 when they are more available..
I believe the inspire camera rotates 320 degrees and the p3's camera doesn't rotate..
Happy building inspections!!
Turbo...

Inspire all day over the p3. The p3 is just a reworked p2 with a different camera, inspire is in a class of its own, but it's your choice and money:)

Before you jump too quickly into the P3 camp, I would advise doing some research maybe over on the DJI forums.
It would appear all is not a bed of roses with the very few P3 owners thus far.
Falling out of the sky is just one minor problem it would seem :eek:

Before you jump too quickly into the P3 camp, I would advise doing some research maybe over on the DJI forums.
It would appear all is not a bed of roses with the very few P3 owners thus far.
Falling out of the sky is just one minor problem it would seem :eek:

I would beg to differ, Very few cases of this, with thousands in the air.. Less than a 1% failure rate. Better than most if not all consumer products.

I would beg to differ, Very few cases of this, with thousands in the air.. Less than a 1% failure rate. Better than most if not all consumer products.

Doesn't beat a refrigerator for reliability :p (And you wouldn't want one of those falling out of the sky)

I know you have to take that line and I do understand but it could be argued that 'very few cases' is a few too many!

Anyhoo..... not going to get drawn into a long one about the P3 etc. I'm sure people can make their own minds up from research and information out there as to whether to go for the Inspire or the P3.

Doesn't beat a refrigerator for reliability :p (And you wouldn't want one of those falling out of the sky)

I know you have to take that line and I do understand but it could be argued that 'very few cases' is a few too many!

Anyhoo..... not going to get drawn into a long one about the P3 etc. I'm sure people can make their own minds up from research and information out there as to whether to go for the Inspire or the P3.

Agreed..

I'd prefer to give the p3 the benefit of the doubt..
I haven't seen any screen recordings backing up any p3 falling out of the sky..
You never know if the pilot just ran it out of battery or skill and what the circumstances are..
I had a flyaway yesterday and a screen recording to prove it didn't return to home..
So make sure your information doesn't come from someone who's in denial and trying to get another p3 or are just pissed off..
Turbo...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo