Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Photography Jobs

My photo shoots are between $150.00 and $200.00 I give the client edited finished photos in full Res. that they choose to do whatever with. If I am doing a film shoot that will lead to a commercial of sorts, then I charge based on the amount of film time (I am also a full-time cinematographer and film editor) so I am putting together full commercials with interview portions, B-roll shots, aerials, etc...!!! This video/films/commercials are much more expensive!

I guess I'm lucky, 99% of the time I just give them my unedited files on a flash drive

I don't.....realtors from my area know me. I do a few jobs a month, the cost is from $250 - $500 per video

I was at a party last September and I was flying my Vision+ and this guy comes up to me and asks me how much I would charge to film his house that he was looking to list on Zillow and other realtor websites. I told him I could take a nice 3 or 4 min. video and charge $200 (straight cash) and he seemed amenable to that.

So it got me thinking --- if I just ventured into a wealthy part of every town and knocked on doors, I could prolly get $200-$500 per video of just doing a few POI circles around somebody's McMansion? If I was really aggressive about it and insisted on being paid only in cash, I would think I could easily pay off the cost of a new Inspire 1 and have a nice chunk of change left over? Plus, word would spread around to the local realtors and such and I could have a lot of business coming my way.

I dunno but it sounds like easy money to me, especially since I dont see that many Inspires flying around yet and many people are buying 4K televisions for their McMansions. I would probably hike the price up to around $1,000 per video if it was 10-15 min. long with lots of special effects that I composite in with After Effects and Photoshop since I'm good with those apps.

Last edited:
Is that U.S. Dollars? It must be corporate...

Nope, its in New Zealand dollars which are very much like US dollars except they are all different colors and sizes. One US dollar buys you $1.33 NZ so a $1,500 video here is the same as $1,123 US.

Yes, it is mostly large construction companies I work for, just through word of mouth in my industry (I'm a design consultant).

Here's one of my full production commercials that I produced, filmed, directed and edited for a local pump company. They use it for their website and also national conventions. I have some of my aerial shots in here, but they are all from my P2V+ so the quality is not as good as what comes from the I1.

A few of mine, no real-estate. Just flying for fun. I shot the light house before the no flying in national parks went into effect. Everything was done on my old Phantom 2 with go pro 3

I use my Inspire and my Phantom to get shots that I use in corporate videos...great for establishing and beauty shots, etc. As far as I'm concerned, the FAA should be concerned with safety. I am totally for some sensible regulation when it comes to the operation of these machines...applying for a license, taking a test, paying a reasonable fee is a great idea...hopefully keeping some of the morons away.

Look at HGTV...they have aerial shots in tons of their shows...nationally syndicated CTV shows...where is the FAA?

[QUOTE="Figbar, post: 13026, member: 1773Look at HGTV...they have aerial shots in tons of their shows...nationally syndicated CTV shows...where is the FAA?[/QUOTE]

Yea but their Pro's:rolleyes:

I can't wait for the day some real estate agent in a skirt and high heels is operating a drone with a commercial license and then some FAA dweeb standing there and telling me she's more qualified to fly it than me because she got a piece of paper from the government saying she's qualified.

These stupid commercial rules are nothing but a revenue-generating scam. Has nothing to do with real safety and technical prowess of operating and knowing the mechanisms of a UAV.

Thought I'd share my experience from today. I received a call from a hotel builder in Miami looking for shots from 50', 80', and 100' facing N, E, S & W above a vacant lot they're contracted to purchase. So 4 pics at each altitude, 12 pics total. I threw out my basic pricing of 250$ for the pics, and had a little bit of drive time tucked in to the rate since it's about an hour away. Anyways, this has been an extremely fair price in the past, but this time this guy told me he had pricing of $50!! I informed him that the quality would be above and beyond what any kid will be doing with his radio shack quadcopter and cheap camera, and be careful at the rate because it's clearly not a professional company. He informed me that yes, it was indeed a kid with a cheap helicopter without the ability to lock into an altitude. I see that there is already a surge in rookies coming along and undercutting majorly. Sigh... I see this is going to be an ongoing issue. I honestly hope they put into effect some soft of regulations to get rid of this undercutting.. Just my rant...

I am also finding that I am getting more requests to capture aerial images.

For those of you who have done this before, do you have a pattern or storyboard that you follow? This is one area that I could use some help with.

I am also finding that I am getting more requests to capture aerial images.

For those of you who have done this before, do you have a pattern or storyboard that you follow? This is one area that I could use some help with.

Very dependent on subject and client. Lately I have been letting them help with the second controller taking their own pics. You can turn a hard, 50 year old construction worker into a school boy when you hand him your second control and goggles. They love it and said I will be working for them for long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk