Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 pro. Can anyone explain what may have happened here?

Reaction score
Here is a pic of what seems to be a melted arm where the arm attaches to the landing gear worm drive. It happened after a very short flight (5-10 seconds) where the quad was behaving very erratically, so i landed it (softly) and the quad leant to one side like a run aground ship. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? This quad had just come back from a crash repair by Drone Doctor in Brighton.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 37
Sure i did, straight away. They said that they test flew it (and i'm sure that they did) before sending it back. But obviously somewhere between them sending it back and me flying it a fault of some sort has manifested for this amount of damage to occur. It's a mystery i would love to get to the bottom of.

Here is a pic of what seems to be a melted arm where the arm attaches to the landing gear worm drive. It happened after a very short flight (5-10 seconds) where the quad was behaving very erratically, so i landed it (softly) and the quad leant to one side like a run aground ship. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? This quad had just come back from a crash repair by Drone Doctor in Brighton.
Never seen anything like that before!
If I didn't know better I would say that is a damaged (snapped) arm that someone has attempted to repair with cyanoacrylate (Superglue) which is the death of plastics.

That's exactly what it looks like but the repairers says they didn't do it and i sure as sh*t didn't, so the mystery remains!

That's exactly what it looks like but the repairers says they didn't do it and i sure as sh*t didn't, so the mystery remains!
Did you pay for the repair with your credit card?
If so, you should be able to claim off your CC company.

I did pay by CC. It's with repairers at the moment who seem to be leaning towards blaming me based on flight data on days when i didn't fly it. It's a separate issue but does it record flight data during a FW update or sim flight on app?

As I understand it, flight data is not logged unless the engines are turned on. So a FW update would not be logged as a flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool