Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro RAW past firmware versions and better signal strength

Reaction score
I am trying to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1 Pro RAW and while I can easily find the past versions for the Inspire 1 Pro I cannot find past versions of the firmware for the RAW.

I am new to the Inspire 1 but what I think I know is that the firmware for the Pro is denoted by "WM610_FC550" and the firmware for the Inspire 1 Pro RAW is denoted by WM610_FC550R"

I don't want to mess things up by using the wrong firmware so can somebody tell me where I can find past firmware versions for the RAW or if using firmware for the Pro is ok to use on the RAW please.

Edit: I am wanting to rollback the firmware because I get poor video reception on my I1 RAW. Video connection completely cuts out randomly that doesn’t seem to have any correlation to how far away the drone is even with 3w boosters and a Raptor SR antenna.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am trying to roll back the firmware on my Inspire 1 Pro RAW and while I can easily find the past versions for the Inspire 1 Pro I cannot find past versions of the firmware for the RAW.

I am new to the Inspire 1 but what I think I know is that the firmware for the Pro is denoted by "WM610_FC550" and the firmware for the Inspire 1 Pro RAW is denoted by WM610_FC550R"

I don't want to mess things up by using the wrong firmware so can somebody tell me where I can find past firmware versions for the RAW or if using firmware for the Pro is ok to use on the RAW please.

Thanks

I have never seen a specific RAW .bin file. I'm 90% sure the .bin file for the Pro will work. Remember, there are a ton of exit options with these firmware changes. So don't be afraid to experiment. Beware that it's all very time consuming, so don't start a firmware project when you have a shoot the next day. Give yourself a week so you can take your time. KEEP A LOG FILE of everything you do. Video is best.

Here's the log of a fellow InspirePilots member JameyHo. He rolled back from v1.11.xx on an Inspire 1 PRO to v1.09.xx (which has only slight NFZ differences from v1.08.xx). His instructions have been slightly modified by me for better understanding. His research is invaluable.

======================================== PREFACE ===============================================

So, it seems for me, the firmware files are at issue. It looks like DJI has different firmware files (albeit minor differences) for the x5 and the V2/Pro version (which I have). Just using the regular FC550 files on the V2, did not work most of the time. After much digging, I found the links to the correct Pro firmware, hiding in plain site on DJIs site. The versions from Panorobot in your links, must be slightly different than these downloaded directly from DJI, but I haven't compared them to verify that. I was able to find these versions through a lot of digging, and every time I've used these files on my AC, they've worked, as long as I gave them enough time.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/20161215/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin <- this one was tough to find as the folder naming convention was different.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_pro/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.30.zip - RC 1.7.8 compatible
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_pro/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.10.zip - RC 1.6

====================================== INSTRUCTIONS ===========================================

The downgrade from 11 has to be done with the debug file, and it takes over an hour. I left mine alone for almost 2hrs, before it finally stuck, and then it was down to 1.10. From there, I loaded up 1.09 and was able to get it done in about 30mins. I still can not get 1.08 on this bird, so I'm gonna just stick to 1.09.01.30 and be done with it till I have another free day to mess with it. I had to fly today and everything worked, but my connections were no better than they were on 1.11. I was unable to get it to go directly to any version from 1.11 other than 1.10.

As for the controllers, I did follow your directions in the video, and downgraded the firmware as shown, which is how I got the angry beeps and red flashing light the first two times. After looking into unbricking remotes, that's when I found the magic file for the RC's, and had to use that and the firmware file on a usb stick to get it unstuck and back to 1.6. After that, I had to upgrade to 1.7.8 (in DJIgo) to get them both to re-connect to the AC at 1.09.01.30.

My next step, after my shoots this weekend, is to roll back the RCs in DJIgo to 1.6 (btw, the app gives me the 1.5.8 option on both RCs) make sure they connect still. Then try to take the AC back to 1.09.01.01 with the proper Inspire1Pro file I downloaded from the link above and then try 1.08 again. If my RCs connect to 1.09.01.10 then I should be able to connect to 1.08 as well, and I'll start a rollback and let it sit for 2hrs again.

The big thing I've noticed, is these downgrades take over an hour, as several of my attempts, the log states it was still in the middle of upgrading. If I have any more success next week, I'll let you know what I've done, but for now, I need to get back in the air and pay some bills.

Thanks agian for your help.

====================================== END INSTRUCTIONS ===================================

Hopefully, this guy has success going back to v1.08 and RC v1.6. That's where the true Nirvana lies.

And remember, many of these procedures have to be attempted multiple times before they "stick."

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
I have never seen a specific RAW .bin file. I'm 90% sure the .bin file for the Pro will work. Remember, there are a ton of exit options with these firmware changes. So don't be afraid to experiment. Beware that it's all very time consuming, so don't start a firmware project when you have a shoot the next day. Give yourself a week so you can take your time. KEEP A LOG FILE of everything you do. Video is best.

Here's the log of a fellow InspirePilots member JameyHo. He rolled back from v1.11.xx on an Inspire 1 PRO to v1.09.xx (which has only slight NFZ differences from v1.08.xx). His instructions have been slightly modified by me for better understanding. His research is invaluable.

======================================== PREFACE ===============================================

So, it seems for me, the firmware files are at issue. It looks like DJI has different firmware files (albeit minor differences) for the x5 and the V2/Pro version (which I have). Just using the regular FC550 files on the V2, did not work most of the time. After much digging, I found the links to the correct Pro firmware, hiding in plain site on DJIs site. The versions from Panorobot in your links, must be slightly different than these downloaded directly from DJI, but I haven't compared them to verify that. I was able to find these versions through a lot of digging, and every time I've used these files on my AC, they've worked, as long as I gave them enough time.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/20161215/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin <- this one was tough to find as the folder naming convention was different.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_pro/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.30.zip - RC 1.7.8 compatible
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_pro/WM610_FC550_FW_V01.09.01.10.zip - RC 1.6

====================================== INSTRUCTIONS ===========================================

The downgrade from 11 has to be done with the debug file, and it takes over an hour. I left mine alone for almost 2hrs, before it finally stuck, and then it was down to 1.10. From there, I loaded up 1.09 and was able to get it done in about 30mins. I still can not get 1.08 on this bird, so I'm gonna just stick to 1.09.01.30 and be done with it till I have another free day to mess with it. I had to fly today and everything worked, but my connections were no better than they were on 1.11. I was unable to get it to go directly to any version from 1.11 other than 1.10.

As for the controllers, I did follow your directions in the video, and downgraded the firmware as shown, which is how I got the angry beeps and red flashing light the first two times. After looking into unbricking remotes, that's when I found the magic file for the RC's, and had to use that and the firmware file on a usb stick to get it unstuck and back to 1.6. After that, I had to upgrade to 1.7.8 (in DJIgo) to get them both to re-connect to the AC at 1.09.01.30.

My next step, after my shoots this weekend, is to roll back the RCs in DJIgo to 1.6 (btw, the app gives me the 1.5.8 option on both RCs) make sure they connect still. Then try to take the AC back to 1.09.01.01 with the proper Inspire1Pro file I downloaded from the link above and then try 1.08 again. If my RCs connect to 1.09.01.10 then I should be able to connect to 1.08 as well, and I'll start a rollback and let it sit for 2hrs again.

The big thing I've noticed, is these downgrades take over an hour, as several of my attempts, the log states it was still in the middle of upgrading. If I have any more success next week, I'll let you know what I've done, but for now, I need to get back in the air and pay some bills.

Thanks agian for your help.

====================================== END INSTRUCTIONS ===================================

Hopefully, this guy has success going back to v1.08 and RC v1.6. That's where the true Nirvana lies.

And remember, many of these procedures have to be attempted multiple times before they "stick."

Good luck.

D
Thanks I may end up trying it but a little nervous because I’m not sure why they would bother with making both a pro and a raw version of each firmware. For instance here’s from the DJI website.
8DA8D164-C913-4DC6-B7C9-398E43BBBC05.jpeg
It would kinda make sense that the cameras would have different firmware. X5R is so different from the X5.
I actually found the RAW version of the .08 firmware I want to go to but not the intermediate steps. i would really kick myself if I fixed the aircraft only to mess up the camera

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Here’s what I was able to find for the raw cameras

I know it takes some time, but the only way that works for me is to roll back from 1.11 to 1.10 with the debug file and just let it go for a couple hours. Leave your RC at 1.78 for now.
Once on 1.10, make sure it all works and connects.

Next roll back from 1.10to 1.09.30 first and make sure everything still works. This is as far as I’ve gotten before I had to start flying again, the next steps are what I’m doing next to continue my rollback.

Once everything is working, you should be able to roll your RCs back to 1.60. Once RCs are at 1.6, make sure you can still connect to 1.09.30. If you can, turn off the RCs and rollback the AC to1.09.10, again, let it sit for a couple hours. Reboot and connect and test. Check your logs and make sure it completed, you should be able to connect. If not, try rollback again.

Now you should be able to roll the AC back to 1.08 and everything should be fine.

It’s tedious and time consuming but the only way I’ve been able to make any progress with the X5 camera.

Check your log files when done, and good luck

I know it takes some time, but the only way that works for me is to roll back from 1.11 to 1.10 with the debug file and just let it go for a couple hours. Leave your RC at 1.78 for now.

Next roll back from 1.10to 1.09.30 first and make sure everything still works. This is as far as I’ve gotten before I had to start flying again, the next steps are what I’m doing next to continue my rollback.

Once everything is working, you should be able to roll your RCs back to 1.60. Once RCs are at 1.6, make sure you can still connect to 1.09.30. If you can, turn off the RCs and rollback the AC to1.09.10, again, let it sit for a couple hours. Reboot and connect and test. Check your logs and make sure it completed, you should be able to connect. If not, try rollback again.

Now you should be able to roll the AC back to 1.08 and everything should be fine.

It’s tedious and time consuming but the only way I’ve been able to make any progress with the X5 camera.

You are the man!!! Thanks!

Good job. It's good to know someone else is out there taking time and risks to gather data. Keeping a log is the key.

D

I have a DJI 1v2, RAW Bird, is the X3 camera a raw version and if so how will I know it or tell it from a reg X3 camera, Thanks for any advise

I have a DJI 1v2, RAW Bird, is the X3 camera a raw version and if so how will I know it or tell it from a reg X3 camera, Thanks for any advise

My friend...with all due respect, if you don't know the answer to that question, it means you don't actually know what RAW video is, or how to handle it. It requires a level of equipment at all stages of processing and an understanding of cinematography 10x beyond the compressed video shot by the X3. The RAW format is for professionals. But, to answer your question, in a word, no, the X3 doesn't shoot RAW video. It DOES, however, shoot RAW photos.

D

So update to this thread. I decided to just go straight to 01.08.01.40 from 1.11.1.50 and it seems to be a success. I haven’t flown it yet but everything seems to check out. It only took about 35 minutes to do the downgrade.

This is on my Inspire 1 v2 RAW with X5R camera.

I was sure to add an “R” to the debug file name to match the model number of the RAW variant.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy...

The only thing that makes me pause is that latest firmware on the RC is working with 01.08.01.40 which surprised me.

B7F76DAB-4CB3-4785-B5A5-8E36FB6B4007.jpeg
@Donnie Frank my question is should I downgrade the RC firmware anyway? Is there anything I should look for to ensure the downgrade was successful?

Thanks!

Last edited:
So update to this thread. I decided to just go straight to 01.08.01.40 from 1.11.1.50 and it seems to be a success. I haven’t flown it yet but everything seems to check out. It only took about 35 minutes to do the downgrade.

This is on my Inspire 1 v2 RAW with X5R camera.

I was sure to add an “R” to the debug file name to match the model number of the RAW variant.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy...

The only thing that makes me pause is that latest firmware on the RC is working with 01.08.01.40 which surprised me.

View attachment 29201
@Donnie Frank my question is should I downgrade the RC firmware anyway? Is there anything I should look for to ensure the downgrade was successful?

Thanks!

That is strange that the latest RC Firmware works with the legacy AC firmware. But your bird is the RAW version, which is untested in my world. So you're blazing new trails. As long as it connects and works, I don't think I would mess with it. That said, it's pretty easy to roll back the RC and then update it. But I hate throwing caution to the wind when it comes to this DJI stuff. You might wanna get while the gettin's good.

What made you amend the file name with the letter R? If it worked, that's great. But what made you go down that path? What was the final name of the debug file?

D

That is strange that the latest RC Firmware works with the legacy AC firmware. But your bird is the RAW version, which is untested in my world. So you're blazing new trails. As long as it connects and works, I don't think I would mess with it. That said, it's pretty easy to roll back the RC and then update it. But I hate throwing caution to the wind when it comes to this DJI stuff. You might wanna get while the gettin's good.

What made you amend the file name with the letter R? If it worked, that's great. But what made you go down that path? What was the final name of the debug file?

D
Thanks Donnie, I won’t touch the RC firmware then. The debug file make is WM610_FC550R_FW_DEBUG

I figured the debug file name would have to match the AC model name to work.

I WOULD test the living bejesus out of it before taking it into the field.
I will. I flew it in the simulator and everything is normal. I’ll do some flight tests but everything short of that looks good.

Say I have one question. You see in my “About” page above it says that the AC firmware is 1.8.1.00 is that how it appears on yours? I’m asking because the firmware version I flashed is 1.8.1.40? Just crossing all my Ts.

@niki I know you were able to roll back your RAW did you have to roll back the RC as well?

I will. I flew it in the simulator and everything is normal. I’ll do some flight tests but everything short of that looks good.

Yes, actual flight tests are always better than simulators, as I'm sure you're aware.

Say I have one question. You see in my “About” page above it says that the AC firmware is 1.8.1.00 is that how it appears on yours? I’m asking because the firmware version I flashed is 1.8.1.40? Just crossing all my Ts.

This is why I often refer to it as "v1.08.xx." There are different permutations of that firmware, all of which seem to work well.

I know you were able to roll back your RAW did you have to roll back the RC as well?

I don't have a RAW Inspire 1. Others have rolled back the RAW version successfully, but not me.

D

This is why I often refer to it as "v1.08.xx." There are different permutations of that firmware, all of which seem to work well.
Well what I meant is I flashed 01.08.01.40 but the aircraft firmware says 1.8.1.00 which isn't the firmware I flashed. Wondering if this is normal? The camera says it is on the firmware I flashed.

Attached is the result file but I can't make heads or tails of it. I guess the most recent updates are on the bottom? it just says updating... Dont know what to make of it. Could you please take a look and let me know if you see anything please.

It says:

========== 2016.07.22 16:34:08 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2020.04.25 12:43:50 =====================

========== 2020.04.25 12:45:16 =====================

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.40.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

Attachments

• WM610_FC550R_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
Well what I meant is I flashed 01.08.01.40 but the aircraft firmware says 1.8.1.00 which isn't the firmware I flashed. Wondering if this is normal? The camera says it is on the firmware I flashed.

Attached is the result file but I can't make heads or tails of it. I guess the most recent updates are on the bottom? it just says updating... Dont know what to make of it. Could you please take a look and let me know if you see anything please.

It says:

========== 2016.07.22 16:34:08 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2020.04.25 12:43:50 =====================

========== 2020.04.25 12:45:16 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

According to the last log entry, you interrupted the process mid-process.

D

Reactions: Brett8883
According to the last log entry, you interrupted the process mid-process.

D
Thanks.

I waited till it said D-D-D to turn it off. It was saying D-D-D-D before that. I could see it upgrading the ESCs because the lights on each arm were flashing and then did the start up chime for each one. I saw it updating the battery because the middle lights on the battery were flashing. I think I’ll try to take it up one firmware version and see if I can get a fully successful flash through the normal process and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen