Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro RAW past firmware versions and better signal strength

Ok so I updated to 01.09.01.10 without using the debug file because it is an upgrade. It upgraded no problem and I got the success in the upgrade log.

I then downgraded back down 01.08.01.40. without using the debug file. I figured there wasn't the same anti-rollback on these earlier firmwares. I had no problem flashing 01.08.01.40 without the debug and my log now says Success. Interesting that the time and date is correct in the log on this one but not the others. My AC firmware version shows 01.08.01.00+ now.
7003D711-233C-4228-8C45-372174029EF6.jpeg

Latest RC firmware worked on all AC firmware tested

I kinda think that maybe because I used the debug file is why it didn't say "success" in the log when I did it the first time. However, it is nice getting the success confirmation, so in the future if anyone does this I would downgrade to 01.09.01.10 using the debug file and then downgrade to 01.08.01.40 without the debug file. Saves you one step over what I did.

I can already tell the HD link is better on this firmware. The auto channel witching is now working though it seems that channel 20 is still the best channel and it isn't auto switching to that channel. I for the first time see that channel quality is “good” in the status menu. Never seen that before. Always said “poor” in the past

Thanks guys for all your help!

========== 2016.07.22 16:34:08 =====================
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2020.04.25 12:43:50 =====================

========== 2020.04.25 12:45:16 =====================

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.40.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.09.01.10.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2020.07.19 19:16:24 =====================
Upgrading ...

Attachments

• WM610_FC550R_FW_RESULT_AB 2.txt
    2 KB · Views: 5
  • 0200DEE8-EC82-40AC-8CE2-1018DAE8BD09.png
    0200DEE8-EC82-40AC-8CE2-1018DAE8BD09.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: niki
Thanks.

I waited till it said D-D-D to turn it off. It was saying D-D-D-D before that. I could see it upgrading the ESCs because the lights on each arm were flashing and then did the start up chime for each one. I saw it updating the battery because the middle lights on the battery were flashing. I think I’ll try to take it up one firmware version and see if I can get a fully successful flash through the normal process and see what happens.

I honestly wish there were a more scientific method to this. Unfortunately, this is more like art than science. I've helped a dozen guys through this, and it's different every time. Compiling data is fruitless. All I can say is that success is attainable. But it requires patience and diligence. The good news is that once you are there, you can lock everything down and enjoy years of bug-free, blissful flying as I do several times a month. The ol' Inspire 1 still earns about $25K/year. There's no way I could do that with all the problems and bugs I see other guys suffer at the hand of "updates."

Please keep me in the loop. You're on the right path.

D

Reactions: Brett8883
Latest RC firmware worked on all AC firmware tested

I may be wrong but from what I know it's the RC who tells to the Aircraft what RF power it should use, so it could be necessary to roll it back. Do your practical tests and keep that in mind, if you are happy as it is just keep it an do not update ever again :)

Reactions: Brett8883
I may be wrong but from what I know it's the RC who tells to the Aircraft what RF power it should use, so it could be necessary to roll it back. Do your practical tests and keep that in mind, if you are happy as it is just keep it an do not update ever again :)
That’s a good thought. I’ll probably try it both ways and see what happens. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Hi Brett, how it's going? Did you had the time to do some tests, do you have better radio connection after all?
Yes! Thanks for reminding me!

So I did several flights last weekend with no flight issues, all good there.

Previously, my video connection was unpredictable and would go out completely at minimal distance or even on the ground. It would give out randomly with no clear reason.

Now my video radio connection didn’t give out like it had before. Within a 1500 fit radius the video connection was solid and the channel selection was auto-switching properly. However, I have 3 watt boosters and a 4 hawks antenna. I did have a few moments when the video froze for a few seconds and then came back right away. This was at a distance of 1600 feet and though in a fairly high interference area. It was much better not having it drop out completely randomly acceptable but I would have thought with the boosted 4 hawks set up I would have better range even though it was an improvement in reliability. I didn’t end up downgrading the RC firmware though so I will try that next.

The only real issue I did have after the downgrade was that the X5R would not take manual exposure settings. Whenever I changed a setting it reverted back to where it was. I am going to try updating the camera on the Osmo handle to upgrade the camera firmware back without upgrading the aircraft firmware and see if that solves that.

The next issue, and this was present before the downgrade but may be slightly worse, is that the camera drifts so much it is almost unusable in single pilot mode. I have to put the drone on a waypoint mission and grab the camera remote to get usable footage. I’ve carefully monitored this problem and I do not think the aircraft is drifting it’s just the camera which I don’t understand. I know it’s been said that this is due to the 5 degree deadband but this is not what I am seeing. Deadband would mean that the camera doesn’t start moving until the drone has rotated 5 degrees but when I yaw the aircraft and stop the camera will start drifting back to the way it came from and if I reset the gimbal to the aircraft’s heading it will snap back to where it should have been, fixed to the aircraft heading even though I didn’t yaw the camera.

Previously, my video connection was unpredictable and would go out completely at minimal distance or even on the ground. It would give out randomly with no clear reason.
I'm glad you're enjoying better video connection. When you had those random disconnections before the downgrade did you had the 3W boosters and the 4 Hawks antenna installed? wondering also which 4 Hawks antenna you use?

The only real issue I did have after the downgrade was that the X5R would not take manual exposure settings. Whenever I changed a setting it reverted back to where it was. I am going to try updating the camera on the Osmo handle to upgrade the camera firmware back without upgrading the aircraft firmware and see if that solves that.
On which FW is the aircraft now? I've never had such an issue with my X5R and I was flying with all firmwares from the first one that the Inspire RAW came out with and I did upgrade to every new FW when it was released. I know that with FW V01.08.01.20 X5R was loosing it's settings after power cycle, but that was fixed with FW V01.08.01.40 so after downgrading to V01.08.01.20 I've upgraded to V01.08.01.40 and all was good with the camera.
I also have Osmo handle and after I finished with downgrading and upgrading of the aircraft I have upgraded the X5R camera while mounted on the Osmo with it's latest FW, all was good with the Inspire after this Osmo upgrade.

The next issue, and this was present before the downgrade but may be slightly worse, is that the camera drifts so much it is almost unusable in single pilot mode.
The drifting camera is something I haven't seen. Do you have the "Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow" switch to on in the gimbal settings? It's allways on in my case and have never experienced such a drift that you explain. If so maybe you have to perform IMU callibration.

I'm glad you're enjoying better video connection. When you had those random disconnections before the downgrade did you had the 3W boosters and the 4 Hawks antenna installed? wondering also which 4 Hawks antenna you use?
Yes I was having the issue both before and after the boosters and antenna upgrade, however, it was less frequent after the upgrade. Virtually unusable before it. I got the 4 hawks SR because it seemed like a more manageable size. The XR is unwieldy in my opinion.D2163E87-0797-42F6-BE6D-14D96FDA7B17.jpeg

On which FW is the aircraft now?
1.8.1.40 both camera and drone.

The drifting camera is something I haven't seen.
Good to know so it’s probably something I can fix then!
Do you have the "Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow" switch to on in the gimbal settings? It's allways on in my case and have never experienced such a drift that you explain. If so maybe you have to perform IMU callibration.
I’ve tried it both ways and have done IMU calibration.

What are your gimbal parameters? I’ve got mine at really slow speeds and max smoothing doesn’t I wonder if that could have something to do with it

I got the 4 hawks SR because it seemed like a more manageable size.
Yeah it seems better choice, thanks for sharing the pic! What are the boosters and how do you power them? I saw there's a lot of booster options on aliexpress.

What are your gimbal parameters? I’ve got mine at really slow speeds and max smoothing doesn’t I wonder if that could have something to do with it
Those settings are only for the input from the controller. The gimbal behaviour settings are prebuilt and cannot be changed. It could be a problem with the pan mottor or something mechanical.

Stay on topic please.

This thread is about Old(er) Firmware versions, Not boosters or gimbal settings.

Thank you

Stay on topic please.

This thread is about Old(er) Firmware versions, Not boosters or gimbal settings.

Thank you
I updated the title of the thread for you. It was always about getting better signal strength. The antenna and boosters are on topic because it goes with signal strength.

The gimbal issue goes with it too because the issue got a little worse after the firmware downgrade and so I am trying to figure out if it’s something to do with the firmware downgrade or something else. All gimbal parameters were reset on a downgrade so it could be that I set them to something that messed it up.

Is that ok with you?

Ok so update to this thread. I have two issues on the older firmware with the Inspire 1 RAW.

As mentioned before I cannot change manual camera settings with the 15mm DJI lens. More specifically I cannot change shutter speed, it is locked to 1/8000 making manual camera settings useless. I can change shutter speed on the 14-44mm Olympus which makes it kinda strange but never the less.

The other problem I am having is that I keep getting “motor overload-acceleration will be deceased” errors. It doesn’t seem to affect anything and I am sure it’s fine but the errors are annoying and there’s always that thought in the back of my mind that maybe it is a real error. Never once had this error on the newer firmware.

Also, my video range doesn’t seem to be stronger. I am still having the intermittent issues I was having before it’s just intermittent so I didn’t have that trouble in the beginning but it has now reared it’s ugly head again.

I am going to upgrade back to the most recent firmware for these reasons.

Thanks everybody for your help, this was a good test and narrows down the issue so I must be having some hardware issue with the video reception.

Ok so update to this thread. I have two issues on the older firmware with the Inspire 1 RAW.

As mentioned before I cannot change manual camera settings with the 15mm DJI lens. More specifically I cannot change shutter speed, it is locked to 1/8000 making manual camera settings useless. I can change shutter speed on the 14-44mm Olympus which makes it kinda strange but never the less.

The other problem I am having is that I keep getting “motor overload-acceleration will be deceased” errors. It doesn’t seem to affect anything and I am sure it’s fine but the errors are annoying and there’s always that thought in the back of my mind that maybe it is a real error. Never once had this error on the newer firmware.

Also, my video range doesn’t seem to be stronger. I am still having the intermittent issues I was having before it’s just intermittent so I didn’t have that trouble in the beginning but it has now reared it’s ugly head again.

I am going to upgrade back to the most recent firmware for these reasons.

Thanks everybody for your help, this was a good test and narrows down the issue so I must be having some hardware issue with the video reception.
Thanks for the update!
When I was on 1.08.40 I didn't had the camera issues as well the motor errors lile you describe on our I1 RAW. But I also have found that there is not much, not to say any improvement in the video reception when was out on a real gigs. I only found it better when testing at home, but the tests was far from any science one could do as I was simply going in the next room with the remote and was observing the HD status bar which on the latest firmware was kind of weak compared to a bit better with the oldest firmware. But again out on the field it was still disconnecting while the inspire was in visible range without any obstructions between and without any other people around.
After the Inspire got kind of locked by a compass error that I could not cablibrate for about a whole day, trying on different locations many many times I also decided to go again to the latest firmware which solved the compass issue at least. Maybe this downgrade doesn't work well with the RAW version of the firmware as other pilots are happy with the downgrading, at least I haven't found any other to complain about the downgrade than you and me :) but that doesn't mean anything as many pilots in most cases do not update their posts.

By the way does those problems occure even with the wifi boosters, if so at what range are they happening?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah