Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro Very Poor Range after Firmware update???

Reaction score
Hi Inspire pilots. I updated my Inspire Pro to the latest Firmware 1.11.1.50 a while back and immediately realized the aircraft range is Horrible to not acceptable. I don't know if this is being discussed already on any other threads. I have been busy and just been using my other DJI platforms until I had some time to do some safe range testing. I flew my Inspire 1 Pro today at my local wide open grass field and I literally was 300' away if that and well within line of sight when the HD video starts to just freeze and pixelate. I rotate yaw and the video screen goes dark. DJI Go app shows transmission lost. I can still visually see perfectly clear the aircraft orientation and still have radio to craft controls. I point the nose towards me and fly back and literally the video signal did not return until I was like 20 feet away. Before I updated the firmware, I have Never had any issues with range at all. I know many of you and us Inspire pilots have moved onto other platforms. I just can not let my expensive investment with X5 become a paper weight. If any of you can point me in the right direction as to what my options are, I would very much appreciate any information. I can't remember what Firmware I was on that had No issues. I would love to revert back to an actual working firmware with this Inspire. It's just not right for support for this model to go out the window. Canon, Sony, Fuji still have product support for older models. These are old but they are not obsolete. Thank you everyone and Have a great new year!

Kind Regards,
SaltyPilot

Hello Salty.

This subject has been covered extensively in this forum. Just use the search engine.

D

P.S. I still fly my Inspire 1 every week and have for years. She still continues to earn income.

Reactions: SaltyPilot
I have been flying my in need of update Inspire 1 the last few days and it did that to me yesterday at maybe 2-300 feet away. Did you find out the solution?
Hi Inspire pilots. I updated my Inspire Pro to the latest Firmware 1.11.1.50 a while back and immediately realized the aircraft range is Horrible to not acceptable. I don't know if this is being discussed already on any other threads. I have been busy and just been using my other DJI platforms until I had some time to do some safe range testing. I flew my Inspire 1 Pro today at my local wide open grass field and I literally was 300' away if that and well within line of sight when the HD video starts to just freeze and pixelate. I rotate yaw and the video screen goes dark. DJI Go app shows transmission lost. I can still visually see perfectly clear the aircraft orientation and still have radio to craft controls. I point the nose towards me and fly back and literally the video signal did not return until I was like 20 feet away. Before I updated the firmware, I have Never had any issues with range at all. I know many of you and us Inspire pilots have moved onto other platforms. I just can not let my expensive investment with X5 become a paper weight. If any of you can point me in the right direction as to what my options are, I would very much appreciate any information. I can't remember what Firmware I was on that had No issues. I would love to revert back to an actual working firmware with this Inspire. It's just not right for support for this model to go out the window. Canon, Sony, Fuji still have product support for older models. These are old but they are not obsolete. Thank you everyone and Have a great new year!

Kind Regards,
SaltyPilot

I have been flying my in need of update Inspire 1 the last few days and it did that to me yesterday at maybe 2-300 feet away. Did you find out the solution?
Hello philztoy.

This subject has been covered extensively in this forum. Just use the search engine.

D

P.S. I still fly my Inspire 1 every week and have for years. She still continues to earn income.

Hello Salty.

D

Hi Frank, may you post the link in this forum, I can't find it, thks, Ulli

Hi Frank, may you post the link in this forum, I can't find it, thks, Ulli
The link??? That's not how the forum search engine works. You can't find it because you didn't look for it. The word "firmware" appears dozens if not hundreds of times in this forum. So don't tell me you "can't find it." You haven't looked.

Try again.

D

The link??? That's not how the forum search engine works. You can't find it because you didn't look for it. The word "firmware" appears dozens if not hundreds of times in this forum. So don't tell me you "can't find it." You haven't looked.

Try again.

D
Dude, if you know the answer, just give it. I understand the whole “teach a man to fish “ idea but they are asks for help not lectures.

Dude, if you know the answer, just give it. I understand the whole “teach a man to fish “ idea but they are asks for help not lectures.
No, I don't have "the link." I would literally do the same exact search that I'm telling you to do. So now you're not saying, "Can you help me???" You're asking me to do your work for you and do your research for you. I've given you the TOOLS to FIND your answer. But I'm a nice guy, so I will provide you with a video that has been linked in this forum a half dozen times. On its own, this video will give you enough information to get started. But ultimately, you will STILL have to do some research. Again, it's been covered in this forum a dozen times. But here you go:

This video has a Part 2, which I believe is linked at the end of Part 1.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: Zoltán 77

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44