Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 1 PRO /X5 issues with AUTOPILOT APP

Reaction score
Hi Fellow IP1 Pilots
Cord here from Red River Aerials
Im asking this question out of desperation .I have been trying to use AUTOPILOT with my IP1P w/x5
and no matter what mode I try flying in when disengaged my camera resets off to one side or the other making it really hard to see your way home or to another area to film
has anyone had this issue and figured out why its doing this .
I have been trying to figure this out for 6 months and can't find any info and of course I've not found any way to contact tech support ,
thanks for any help from the community

Hi Fellow IP1 Pilots
Im asking this question out of desperation .I have been trying to use AUTOPILOT with my IP1P w/x5
and no matter what mode I try flying in when disengaged my camera resets off to one side or the other making it really hard to see your way home or to another area to film
I have been trying to figure this out for 6 months and can't find any info and of course I've not found any way to contact tech support ,

email: [email protected]
Tel: 512.982.0385
Address: 5001 Plaza on the Lake, Suite 320
Austin, TX 78746
United States

Support email: [email protected]

Hi Fellow IP1 Pilots
Have you tryed using a dual remote set up ? It may be wanting a second RC. OR maybe your RC is set to master when you are flying and shooting solo you need to turn that off (no master/slave)

Have you tryed using a dual remote set up ? It may be wanting a second RC. OR maybe your RC is set to master when you are flying and shooting solo you need to turn that off (no master/slave)
how do you turn that on off
Hook up your RC to it's iPad.
Turn on iPad and your dji app. turn on your RC.
At the top of the screen (after boot up) find and select the RC icon. The next screen you should see is "RC settings" The 3rd line down is the "Set RC Status bar.
Select "OFF if solo.
It should be in that mode if from the factory.
You may also try rebinding the RC to the aircraft.

Hook up your RC to it's iPad.
Turn on iPad and your dji app. turn on your RC.
At the top of the screen (after boot up) find and select the RC icon. The next screen you should see is "RC settings" The 3rd line down is the "Set RC Status bar.
Select "OFF if solo.
It should be in that mode if from the factory.
You may also try rebinding the RC to the aircraft.
Make sure that you have your aircraft on as well. Sorry that's part of step one.

Make sure that you have your aircraft on as well. Sorry that's part of step one.
yes thank you I have not had a chance to check it out
im thinking it could be the iPad im using is wifi and has no gps without wifi

That's strange, I use 3 different 4 year old iPads (they run out of battery before I run out of drone batteries) and do a lot of search and rescue up in the mountains and have no problems. My Toyota has a built in inverter so I can keep things charged.

That's strange, I use 3 different 4 year old iPads (they run out of battery before I run out of drone batteries) and do a lot of search and rescue up in the mountains and have no problems. My Toyota has a built in inverter so I can keep things charged.
so you use auto pilot and the ip1 pro w x5.

To the original issue, Autopilot allows you to select the function of the C1 & c2 buttons. You can set C1 to reset gimbal. Go to Settings & scroll down towards the end “RC settings”
thanks for reply
I have all the c1 c2 buttons set up
the problem is that after every mode ie follow ,focus waypoints etc when I disengage the camera resets either on its own or after me hitting reset the camera resets itself to point backwards its driving me crazy its been doing this since I purchased autopilot back in like may and I cannot find anyone who is having the issue and ofcorse forget about autopilot responding to emails or answering the phone etc.
im starting to think its just not compatible with my bird

I have the I1Pro with the X5 since August 2015 and was an early beta user of Autopilot. It was great when it was a small company and the founders were keen to interact with users. Now they're part of some bigger entity Hangar Technology and you get very mediocre support.
I love Autopilot and use it all the time to enable one-man operation for basic video work. It is very powerful and in my experience, very reliable. My procedure is to disconnect AP at the end of a mission. In Canada certification does not allow us to fly beyond visual line of sight, except for special cases with strick observer and safety rules, not of interest to me. I always make my last waypoint fairly close to the first and simply fly it manually back home. Its rarely necessary, but if the AP crashes, disconnects or looks unusal then I switch back to the Go App (close the AP App first) where I have C1 set to "reset Gimbal" and it works perfectly. I will AP test at the next opportunity but that may not be for a while, we have -24ºC (-38ºC with the wind chill) in Montreal. But for now I just bench tested it indoors in the basement. I used AP settings to select C1 "reset gimbal" and C2 to "toggle map/camera view". C1 does reset the gimbal but not to oº. For some odd reason it resets it to about 60º left of its axis. I tried it many times and it always resets to the same offset position. I closed the AP App and tried the same action with the Go App and it works perfectly, reseting to 0º (rulling out any damage to the gimbal). I also noted that the C2 Toggle map/camera view doesn't seem to work in AP. However, it maybe that these things only work when AP is engaged, I'm not sure.
You should go to AP support and ask the question. I will also now because I'm curious as to why C1 resets my gimbal to -60º.

I have the I1Pro with the X5 since August 2015 and was an early beta user of Autopilot. It was great when it was a small company and the founders were keen to interact with users. Now they're part of some bigger entity Hangar Technology and you get very mediocre support.
I love Autopilot and use it all the time to enable one-man operation for basic video work. It is very powerful and in my experience, very reliable. My procedure is to disconnect AP at the end of a mission. In Canada certification does not allow us to fly beyond visual line of sight, except for special cases with strick observer and safety rules, not of interest to me. I always make my last waypoint fairly close to the first and simply fly it manually back home. Its rarely necessary, but if the AP crashes, disconnects or looks unusal then I switch back to the Go App (close the AP App first) where I have C1 set to "reset Gimbal" and it works perfectly. I will AP test at the next opportunity but that may not be for a while, we have -24ºC (-38ºC with the wind chill) in Montreal. But for now I just bench tested it indoors in the basement. I used AP settings to select C1 "reset gimbal" and C2 to "toggle map/camera view". C1 does reset the gimbal but not to oº. For some odd reason it resets it to about 60º left of its axis. I tried it many times and it always resets to the same offset position. I closed the AP App and tried the same action with the Go App and it works perfectly, reseting to 0º (rulling out any damage to the gimbal). I also noted that the C2 Toggle map/camera view doesn't seem to work in AP. However, it maybe that these things only work when AP is engaged, I'm not sure.
You should go to AP support and ask the question. I will also now because I'm curious as to why C1 resets my gimbal to -60º.

Thanks for responding
Yes that is exactly the same set up on c1 ,2
And map toggle doesn’t work and up until last week the x5 would reset off to the left like you experienced now as of last try a few days ago I now goes to 180 degrees
Please let me know anything you find out and I’ll do the same

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry