Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 problems solved or not

Reaction score
I guess this has been talked about a lot on this forum, but i wonder how it is today with the problems on the Inspire 1 that i have heard so much about.
All the flyaways and other problems with the Inspire 1, are they fixed now in late August 2015 or are these problems still a common occurrence?

There are three was to minimize the problem of flyaway:
- read the manual;
- analize the terrain (obstacles, sources of interferrences etc)
- do not be hurry and keep to the Pre-flight checklist.

Yes I'm aware of these things, but if i wasn't clear enough i will explain it better.
I mean the problems that was not due to pilot errors, i.e the problems that was in the beginning after the Inspire 1 was released and was due to problems in the firmware.
I wonder if any of these problems still persist or if they all are fixed by now?

By the way, where do i see my aircraft firmware version? I looked in the "about" section in the pilot app but it only tells me the version of the pilot app and a choice to contact DJI by email.
Thanks in advance.

"That problem" has already been fixed a few months ago. To find the FW version You have to go to OTHER settings and ABOUT there You will have it.

"That problem" has been already fixed a few months ago. To find the FW version You have to go to OTHER settings and ABOUT there You will have it.

Thanks, but no i don´t see it there, as i wrote i only see the app version and a choice to email DJI.
I´m almost sure that when i looked at the same place earlier it said that the aircraft firmware version was "unknown". But now its nothing there.
Can it be because the pilot app tells me to update the firmware? I just wanted to know the current firmware before i update.

There is no text file on the SD card, i just bought the drone.

Then load the current FW on a SD card. Put the card to the slot in the camera. Then turn the I1. After about 1 minute turn the I1 off. Remove the SD card and You will find a txt file with Information about the version of FW. That will work for sure.

Then load the current FW on a SD card. Put the card to the slot in the camera. Then turn the I1. After about 1 minute turn the I1 off. Remove the SD card and You will find a txt file with Information about the version of FW. That will work for sure.

What do you mean by load the current firmware on a SD card? From where do i load the current firmware? The current firmware are on the drone so how should i get it to the SD card?
Or do you mean that i shall download the latest firmware from the DJI website on a SD card and then put it in the camera, i guess in that case it will load the new firmware to the drone and produce a text file with the new firmware version number?

I want to know which firmware is on the drone right now.

What do you mean by load the current firmware on a SD card? From where do i load the current firmware? The current firmware are on the drone so how should i get it to the SD card?
Or do you mean that i shall download the latest firmware from the DJI website on a SD card and then put it in the camera, i guess in that case it will load the new firmware to the drone and produce a text file with the new firmware version number?

I want to know which firmware is on the drone right now.
Does it matter?
If you are concerned about 'problems' you should be running the most recent firmware in any case to minimise issues.
If you already have the most recent v1.3) by running the update it will abort and you will get a text file telling you you are running the most up to date FW.

Well since i bought the drone in the shop for a much cheaper price, and there was a possibility that the drone was used before i bought it, so i wanted to check just to get a clue if somebody has updated the firmware or if it has the firmware that was available when the drone was built, which i know when it was.
Actually the drones are more often used than not when they are sold that much cheaper, but in my case it looked brand new and when i connected it to the pilot app the first time it asked me to chose a name and it activated the drone and said that the warranty started from that day.
That could indicate that it´s a new drone but i guess it can also be the case that it has been repaired in the DJI factory and DJI has reset the drone before they sent it back.
Also I'm curious why the app show no firmware version and before it showed the word "unknown" where it should display the firmware.

But i guess if there is no easy way then I'm just going ahead and load the latest firmware in the drone.

I don´t have the latest firmware version since the pilot app says that my drone, RC and battery needs an update.

Well since i bought the drone in the shop for a much cheap........
But i guess if there is no easy way then I'm just going ahead and load the latest firmware in the drone.

I don´t have the latest firmware version since the pilot app says that my drone, RC and battery needs an update.

You just answered your own question.

No i didn't answer my question, far from it actually. The issue was not if i had the latest firmware or not, the issue was that i wanted to get a clue if my drone was brand new or used earlier by looking if the firmware has been updated from the firmware version that was available at the time when the drone was manufactured.
This is exactly what i explained in my above post.

No i didn't answer my question, far from it actually. The issue was not if i had the latest firmware or not, the issue was that i wanted to get a clue if my drone was brand new or used earlier by looking if the firmware has been updated from the firmware version that was available at the time when the drone was manufactured.
The app will show 'Unknown' if it is disconnected from the AC since without interrogating the Inspire it has no way of knowing what FW is loaded.
Any firmware shipped can easily be a couple of months out of date or as recent as two weeks. The factory will always load the current public release version at the time of manufacture.
I would stop worrying about things out of your control and go have some fun and fly!

I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstand your questions.

You started the thread asking if all of the problems had been resolved with the Inspire (this alone is a very vague question).

Then you didn't know how to add firmware to your SD card (this is outlined in the user manual, the dji support site, this site at least a million times and in various different other websites and if reading is not your strong suit, you can watch thousands of videos on youtube that show you how to do it).

You then asked if the unit you purchased was new or used (which you could easily find out by contacting the place your purchased it from, how would a bunch of strangers on the internet be able to tell you that).

You then wanted to find out if you had the most recent firmware on your unit, to which you answered your own question and said you didn't.

Your initial question was answered when Leszek Kedziora told you to put the most recent firmware on the SD card and see if your aircraft performed the update. That would be the simplest way to do it since you can't figure out how to check the version on the app.

No no no, Yes thats correct that i started asking if all problems are solved, then i asked "by the way" and then my other question which was how to see the current firmware version. These are the only two questions i have been asking all along. Since Lescek told me to load the firmware on the SD card i asked him about that not being possible to do it that way because it will not show my current Firmware according to my understandings, so that was not a separate question, it was a follow up question.

Then i explained that the reason i wonder which firmware i have is because i want to know if my unit is new, also not a new question but an explanation why i want to know the current firmware.

And who has said that a bunch of strangers will know if my unit is new, i asked how to check my current firmware just to maybe be able to know if its a used model, i didn't asked you if it was new or not.

And no the store can't tell me if its new, if they could i should not had the need to ask on this forum how to check my current firmware. The seller can not be sure if my unit is used or not since it was a discounted unit that usually are used but not necessarily. This is a big warehouse selling all kinds of electronics and other stuff, they don´t know much about drones.

And no my question wasn't answered by Leszek since his way should not have told me the current firmware version number, it should only have told me if i have the latest firmware version or not, and that was not what i wanted to know.

So yes it seems you have absolutely misunderstood a lot of what i wrote in my earlier posts.

But it feels we are not coming any further on this matter, so i will not put any more time on trying to know the current firmware. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
As you maybe can see by reading the earlier posts there are a few who already have said "update the firmware", so i'm fully aware of that, but actually that doesn't solve my initial question which was how to see the current firmware version.

And i also wrote in my previous post that i will not spend any more time trying to figure out my current firmware since it seems to be so hard and i have the feeling we are not coming any further on this matter, so that means that updating the firmware is exactly what i will be doing in a short while, so case can be closed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg