Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Radio wont connect to DJI GO app, Help please!

Reaction score
Hi guys, i was searching info about this problem. Fist i tried a different cable, then i reinstall the app twice.

The problem is, i have perfect connection between my Inspire 1 and the Radio, in fact i can fly it ... but there is no way to connect the Radio to the DJI GO app. I try Ipad 2 mini latest ios, iphone 5, ipad Air and nothing works. I think is a missmach versions problem between th DJI GO App and the firmware on my inspire 1 but my problem is, if i upgrade the firmware on the Inpire then i wont be able to upgrade the radio because i have to do it trhu the app and i am no able to connect so, my only chance i guess is to downgrade DJI GO app, can i do that?
I still can believe how DJI com3 out with this kind of problems ..... my good !! i have 2 jobs coming up this weekend and my DJI is dead !!

Last edited:
Do you have or know anyone with a good android phone/tab so you can update the radio? I have 2 android phones (Oneplus One, LG G3) and an android tab (Nexus 9). that work fine as of today. Also have you tried formatting the sd card?

Hi guys, i was searching info about this problem. Fist i tried a different cable, then i reinstall the app twice.

The problem is, i have perfect connection between my Inspire 1 and the Radio, in fact i can fly it ... but there is no way to connect the Radio to the DJI GO app. I try Ipad 2 mini latest ios, iphone 5, ipad Air and nothing works. I think is a missmach versions problem between th DJI GO App and the firmware on my inspire 1 but my problem is, if i upgrade the firmware on the Inpire then i wont be able to upgrade the radio because i have to do it trhu the app and i am no able to connect so, my only chance i guess is to downgrade DJI GO app, can i do that?
I still can believe how DJI com3 out with this kind of problems ..... my good !! i have 2 jobs coming up this weekend and my DJI is dead !!
Load up a third party app and see if that will connect.
If not, you may have a bad USB port on your remote - there have been quite a few.

Reactions: eldorado
Thanks guys, i will try with an androi device ..... and also i do not think the problem is a bad USB port because i was perfectly working during 40 times or so .... i will try maybe downgrade IOS on my ipad mini, i think is a ipad problem but not sure ....any other ideas?

I went through the same thing last week and spent 5 days and lots of hours trying everything..
Yesterday went 2 hours to a Drone School/Hobby shop and they tried for 2 hours and called
DJI and finally came up with bad controller.and just sent it back to B & H for replacement.
We tried cords , tablets, and he hooked all my equipment to his Phantom and it worked.
Good Luck I am using iPad air and updated to 9 os

My good !!!! i live in Argentina so is almost imposible to send it back to US or China for different problems ... yours was warking ok untill stops working or never worked at all?

Never worked at all..try the red reset button inside canopy on right side ..take flashlite and red button push and you will see red light
flashing and then shut down and reboot and try..
I tried that last night but did not work on mine , but worth a try for you

Yes you can fly without camera working ..

You can downgrade the app if you still have a previous .IPA file (on iOS) or .APK (on Android). However, there are caveats to doing so, and the process is more than a bit of a pain.

You can certainly try on Android; it might be that you have an old enough controller firmware such that the controller can't appear properly as a peripheral under iOS 9, which was a problem for a handful of other peripherals I've dealt with. In which case, connecting via Android would work—or iOS 8 would work—but iOS 9 would not, even with the third-party apps using the SDK.

But I don't think DJI suffered that problem (someone correct me if I'm wrong?), so I suspect The Editor may be right in suggesting the USB on your controller could have died.

Still, trying things on Android can't hurt, and if they work there, you know that a firmware upgrade of the controller will get you up to speed.

I tried Android on a Samsung 3 phone and did not work, also try dowgrade ipad mini 2 Sofware but ipad give me an error and i have to restore to defaul and upgrade firmware ..... i will try another android device today and then i will try upgrade Radio firmware but i do not think i will can because newer firmware upgrade are done with the app so...
Also i try HDMI output and no image at all either ...

Also weird thing, when i connect a usb stick to my inspire Radio TX the led on the usb pen goes on so thats tell me the USB port on the radio es working ok....

Make sure MTP mode is enabled with the Android and in developers options usb debugging enabled

Attachments

• 20160107_220642.jpg
    20160107_220642.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
Well i think this none connection is another DJI ^%$# UP>>>>> . I have an Apple Air2 and a Galaxy Tab A . BOTH wont connect to the drone but the controller is connected as the drone rear light is not flashing yellow.
I only just notice while trying the tab that the DJI Go app started updating. I thought ahhh my air2 needs an update to fix but the GT didnt connect and i noticed that the A2 had updated earlier today ...SO ill have a guess and point this to another DJI UPDATE FU !!!!

You can downgrade the app if you still have a previous .IPA file (on iOS) or .APK (on Android). However, there are caveats to doing so, and the process is more than a bit of a pain.

You can certainly try on Android; it might be that you have an old enough controller firmware such that the controller can't appear properly as a peripheral under iOS 9, which was a problem for a handful of other peripherals I've dealt with. In which case, connecting via Android would work—or iOS 8 would work—but iOS 9 would not, even with the third-party apps using the SDK.

But I don't think DJI suffered that problem (someone correct me if I'm wrong?), so I suspect The Editor may be right in suggesting the USB on your controller could have died.

Still, trying things on Android can't hurt, and if they work there, you know that a firmware upgrade of the controller will get you up to speed.

Thanks Dasko, Controller fw is v 1.4 and i think after this one you only have chance to upgrade with the app so impossible if i can not connect .

Also another weird thing is that the first time this happend i re install the GO App on the same ipad Mini and it work ok for once more and after that never again.
Yesterday i downgrade mi ipad IOS but did not work either. At this point i think DJI is not serious reliable company to work with .......and it looks like they punish the ones
who bought they r products .... Because of this problem i lost 2 jobs this weekend, about 1500 dollar lost ...... and a new client also so how can this be possible
I try everything i could, so the only last thing is to downgrade DJI GO app on my ipad ....

DJI PEOPLE; COULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO ALLOW LOYAL COSTUMERS TO DOWLOAD AND INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF DJI GO APP?

I really think is a compatibility problem and not a defective USB hub ... thanks a lot guys for your help and i hope DJI listen and help me and others out

Last edited:
Also weird thing, when i connect a usb stick to my inspire Radio TX the led on the usb pen goes on so thats tell me the USB port on the radio es working ok....
Just because your usb port lights up doesn't mean it's working properly. .
I had the same thing happen and it was a faulty usb port..
It failed when I connected my tablet with the go app..
if you're on android and when you connect the tablet it should ask you to allow usb debugging if you don't have it automatically set to connect. .

Just because your usb port lights up doesn't mean it's working properly. .
I had the same thing happen and it was a faulty usb port..
It failed when I connected my tablet with the go app..
if you're on android and when you connect the tablet it should ask you to allow usb debugging if you don't have it automatically set to connect. .

Thanks Turbo, yep, i tried Android also and did not work either, i just can not believe how many people pay 3000 dollars for a product that only last 2 or 3 month and the multimillon dollar company does not take care of ... i wish Align or 3D Robotis hire the guys from DJI who made lightbridge to make a serious reliable working video platform ....

Aldo does anyone knows where i can buy the Ispire 1 USB Module just to replace it? i could not find it or is just exactly the same as Panthom 3 professional one?

ok apparently and finally i guess the problem is the USB module that goes bad after maybe 35 flys.
I would love DJI at list to receive my burn out USB module and send me a new one back .....but i do not think they will do that ...

ok apparently and finally i guess the problem is the USB module that goes bad after maybe 35 flys.
I would love DJI at list to receive my burn out USB module and send me a new one back .....but i do not think they will do that ...

As I said in my post #3 above - that's what I thought it would be.
There are conflicting reports of whether the P3 after market module will work on the Inspire remote so I do not want to give you bad info and say go and buy one.
If anyone has successfully swapped out a port module with the P3 accessory one I'm sure they will chime in shortly.

Reactions: eldorado
I trust you my friend ! but before buy one i was trying as hard as i could because in Argentina to fix that cots me about 300 dollars so .. i asked DJI support on live chat and they do not know .... hehe ... bad bad bad company !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk