Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Smart Charger

Not really they only started preorders today.
BOOM!
haha, no really though, $400 for a charger does not make a lot of sense to me still. I can buy four chargers for half that and just plug them into a small surge protector. Cost is lower and I assume weight is lower. That thing looks like a beast.

BOOM!
haha, no really though, $400 for a charger does not make a lot of sense to me still. I can buy four chargers for half that and just plug them into a small surge protector. Cost is lower and I assume weight is lower. That thing looks like a beast.

The first time I saw that page, :eek: I thought "You gotta be kiddin' me." That's awfully expensive for a battery charger.

Mazz has the plan: "buy four chargers for half that and just plug them into a small surge protector." :cool:

Reactions: jon b and PB30X
The first time I saw that page, :eek: I thought "You gotta be kiddin' me." That's awfully expensive for a battery charger.

Mazz has the plan: "buy four chargers for half that and just plug them into a small surge protector." :cool:

Unfortunately I don't see this a great deal, I can buy 5 standard dji chargers cheaper than this and if I went the route of non-branded dji chargers I could get them for less than half of this price. Nice item, priced a little high. Might as well buy a large 25v power supply

You could just print your own housing and fill it in with dji chargers like Adam savage did! After seeing his rig I seriously almost bought a 3d printer!

or not so small surge protector :)

I actually factor in the cost of a charger per battery now!
The bricks are fairly lightweight anyway and also it gives me another layer of redundancy (I'm obsessed with redundancy) so if one of my charging bricks fails I still have the others to charge and keep me warm at night (literally)
If you are carrying a multi-port charger in the field and it fails you are then scuppered.
The other thing I have done is made up some four tail leads to one wall socket plug. That way I only need one wall outlet per four bricks. I also carry a small extension lead so I can actually make do with one wall socket for eight chargers! :eek:

Ye I like Mazz's plan too! "buy four chargers for half that and just plug them into a small surge protector." :cool:

Hadn't seen that.

You can usually tell how old a person is by how patient they are or aren't with certain tasks. That is a direct cause of remembering how long it used to take to accomplish that given task. When I started out in film, back in the dark ages, it took overnight to charge batteries. So now, 85 minutes is no big deal to some of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: sirnikolas
I have ordered one! I think the convenience factor justifies the price. Just think about it: You can charge 4 batteries, the remote and the iPad - at the same time. That would require 5 ordinary DJI chargers since one of those can't charge the battery and remote at the same time. Also imagine the clutter on your desk with five chargers including the charging cables AND five wall outlets as well. Well, I am gladly paying for the convenience!!!

I have ordered one! I think the convenience factor justifies the price. Just think about it: You can charge 4 batteries, the remote and the iPad - at the same time. That would require 5 ordinary DJI chargers since one of those can't charge the battery and remote at the same time. Also imagine the clutter on your desk with five chargers including the charging cables AND five wall outlets as well. Well, I am gladly paying for the convenience!!!

I am also planning to purchase it, for the same reasons, but first I would to se a detailed review of the product. When it arrives to you, please be kind and post some photos and your impressions about it, thanks in advance.

" two male plugs ". Electrical nightmare waiting to happen. Or use as extermination device. Or maybe arc welder. Be carful.

Reactions: Kilrah
Excellent! Safety on the ground and in the air should always be numerial uno. Sorry to be a pest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop