Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 TAKE OFF FLYAWAY

The fly away after take off happened to me today, almost hitting me, almost hitting some telephone wires... it took a few seconds before I was able to regain control. Scared the $hit outta me.

I recall moving it during compass calibration, I think. I've had my Inspire for over a year now - and I don't remember moving during calibration before, but I might have.

Can someone explain to me what is CSC maneuver tassieflier was referring to above?

The fly away after take off happened to me today, almost hitting me, almost hitting some telephone wires... it took a few seconds before I was able to regain control. Scared the $hit outta me.

I recall moving it during compass calibration, I think. I've had my Inspire for over a year now - and I don't remember moving during calibration before, but I might have.

Can someone explain to me what is CSC maneuver tassieflier was referring to above?
Page 52 of the manual!

To all whom it may concern with ownership of DJI inspire 1.

We have been flying ours Inspire 1 for few months till now. A week ago we witnessed a sudden flyaway just after a take off with destructive consequences. Notice that we have been flying inspire on same location for about an hour just before this error occurred. Here is step by step procedure of what has happened:

1. Turned on remote and started mobile app.
2. Turned on Inspire, waited for sync with app and log for all signals (GPS etc...)
3. Started engines
4. Manual took off in GPS mode to aprox. 1,5m height and waited for raising gear
5. Aprox. after 2sec (with raising gear) Inspire flew away with full power to the tree without any rc command (cca 6-7 second of a log file time)
6. Crash and fall down from 6 meters to the ground with broken carbon leg, damaged gimball and all propellers destroyed.

In order to do ours job safe, we need to be sure that DJI is a reliable platform for aerial filming. We also do want to let other pilots know about this issue, so you can fly safe too. We have heard about some flyaways, but everytime it might be a little different. Any comments and ideas would be appreciated.

Flight LOG file
www.mcihar.com/DJIFlightRecord_2015-07-31_[21-15-05].txt-Details.csv

Best regards & fly safe.

Mark
OK, has anyone had this problem? I flew my Inspire 1 which has all the updated firmware, but it into Point of Interest mode. Within minute, it disconnected from the tablet. Normally I could fly it home but n this case it was stuck in the Point of interest mode. After several app restarts, I was able to get the bird within 10 feet of landing but thats it! Then it started drifting and I had to take it back up when it hit the side of a structure. Point being, I was unable to get control of the Inspire, I think because it was stuck in Point of Interest mode and without reconnecting, I was unable to get it free.

OK, has anyone had this problem? I flew my Inspire 1 which has all the updated firmware, but it into Point of Interest mode. Within minute, it disconnected from the tablet. Normally I could fly it home but n this case it was stuck in the Point of interest mode. After several app restarts, I was able to get the bird within 10 feet of landing but thats it! Then it started drifting and I had to take it back up when it hit the side of a structure. Point being, I was unable to get control of the Inspire, I think because it was stuck in Point of Interest mode and without reconnecting, I was unable to get it free.
Please do not post duplicate posts. I have deleted your other two.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa