Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 =uninspired 1. .???

Reaction score
Well I been reading these message boards here for 3 weeks at all hours of day and night .I see so much drama and trouble with the inspire 1 that instead of selling it I boxed it back up without ever taking it out of the case because of fear of problems and the actuallality of not even being able to update firm ware with out a hassle..I'm all ready to ship it back on Friday or Monday ..I did notice mine has the wrapped matte carbon fiber not the smooth typical look and it did come with prop locks so maybe it's a second or third run version .. Anyway is there anyone who is trouble free or enjoying there quad or is it a waste of 3000 dollars ...any reasons I should keep it ...it's so cool and I had such high hopes for it as I loved my vision 2 and vision 2 plus v3 ...just seems everything I read is just a hassle any real honest options would be greatly appreciated... Oh also if I did decide to keep and try it could I just not update it and leave it the way it is

There is no such aircraft, manned or unmanned. They're all made by man, so they're all flawed to begin with... I cautiously enjoyed mine & no detrimental issues so far. The issues I have had were easily handled, a little common sense & perspective goes a long ways.

On the forums, treat what you read here about the same as the tabloids, you never know who's typing the words your reading. In times like these, there a lot of folks who living off social programs. They get Internet, cell phone, utilities, all paid by Uncle Sam, & they have nothing better to do than to come here & make their own little world of drama... Hell, you might even be one of them! All it takes is a few of them to creating alias accounts & enough drama to clear out a forum.

Wormwood

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
I have had mine since day one and never had an issue. I haven't taken either phantom out of their cases since. As a person who works a lot of customer service I can tell you from experience, people who are unhappy are much more vocal than those who are enjoying the product. I do not have any statistics but from what it looks like, most of the quads are fine.
However, there are still always issues with new tech and, again, it flies so if you are unwilling to deal with some potential issues I would wait.

My inspire has been perfect. Such a lovely thing to fly and use... It really is a turn key solution.
I've been building cheap heavy lift hexacopters for over 2 years and they have been a real pain. Something always goes wrong or the video has a little wobble. Drove me crazy.

The inspire is a breath of fresh air, for me anyway. It just works.

Well I been reading these message boards here for 3 weeks at all hours of day and night .I see so much drama and trouble with the inspire 1 that instead of selling it I boxed it back up without ever taking it out of the case because of fear of problems and the actuallality of not even being able to update firm ware with out a hassle..I'm all ready to ship it back on Friday or Monday ..I did notice mine has the wrapped matte carbon fiber not the smooth typical look and it did come with prop locks so maybe it's a second or third run version .. Anyway is there anyone who is trouble free or enjoying there quad or is it a waste of 3000 dollars ...any reasons I should keep it ...it's so cool and I had such high hopes for it as I loved my vision 2 and vision 2 plus v3 ...just seems everything I read is just a hassle any real honest options would be greatly appreciated... Oh also if I did decide to keep and try it could I just not update it and leave it the way it is

For me no trouble at all, it makes super steady shots and flies easily. Firmware update was piece of cake ...Just follow the instructions and go with it.
I can imaging flying with a 3000 piece of equipment makes you nervous so my advice take small steps to improve your confidence in you're inspire.
The only way to get there fly with it.....

Zero problems - both Flying and firmware updating (which is easy).
I have four multirotors (well five now counting the Inspire)...... None of the others have been flown since getting the Inspire. It really is THAT good.
It flies beautifully and it's stability for a quad is astounding (I have only ever been used to this level of stability with a hex before now).
Very nimble, very capable machine - Keep yours, you will love it.

Look past the initial issues and consider all the supportive comments. It's an awesome product.

If you're only relying on "drama" in these forums, you're going to have a bad time. While the board exists for all conversations about the Inspire, the most vocal will be those having issues; you aren't going to see many posts from the tens- or hundreds-of-thousands of people that own Inspires and are having a great time - they're too busy flying.

Take a look at the Photo and Video section. Overall, these are people who aren't having too many problems, and are doing great things with the Inspire. If that doesn't incite you to take it out of the box and play around with it, then I suppose this isn't the platform for you. But you aren't going to find any other device in this price range that has all of the features and (relative) stability than the Inspire 1, and certainly no device (quad or otherwise) in existence that has a 0% failure rate.

Take a breath, pull the Inspire 1 back out, calibrate, and do some flights in the backyard or nearby park. Start small. Once you get a handle on whether you are comfortable with how it performs, then move from there. But being glued to these forums is not the right way to operate your quad :)

Reactions: InspiredOne
Internet message boards, including this one, can be a great source of information - especially when looking to troubleshoot a problem. But please keep in mind that the source is still just that - an Internet Message Board.

What I mean is that you'll see lots of messages about problems, failures, quirks, etc. because those people are looking for answers to their problem. If those people had not had an issue, they wouldn't have posted. --> You'll very rarely see a post saying "Hey folks, my firmware update went off without a hitch. Thanks."

When reading threads like that, it makes things seem like the firmware update process is a crap-shoot at best - you've got a 50/50 chance of the update working. In lots of cases, these 'failures' or 'errors' are due to the fact that the user had not read the instruction manual, the instruction PDF, etc. In some cases, people report that their transmitter no longer links with their aircraft after a firmware update. WTF? ... and then you keep reading and you find out that the user never even updated the transmitter firmware, as noted and described in the user manual / PDF.

In my experience, there are many message boards related to many different products/things that are filled with complaints / problems / workarounds, etc. For those purposes, these message boards are very useful. But they don't always tell the whole story.

Complaints and problems create lots of posts. Those posts draw a lot of eyes.
Flights that start, progress normally, and end without issues don't create a lot of posts. And those posts are uninteresting, and get forgotten quickly.

• If your machine is still unopened in the box, you can sell it privately as such - problem solved.

• Otherwise, go out and try it for yourself - worst thing that could happen is you don't like it. I don't think you'll have trouble selling it at a slight discount with only a few hours in the air. Consider it a lesson learned, and move on to bigger and better things. Again - problem solved.

If you're only relying on "drama" in these forums, you're going to have a bad time. While the board exists for all conversations about the Inspire, the most vocal will be those having issues; you aren't going to see many posts from the tens- or hundreds-of-thousands of people that own Inspires and are having a great time - they're too busy flying.

Take a look at the Photo and Video section. Overall, these are people who aren't having too many problems, and are doing great things with the Inspire. If that doesn't incite you to take it out of the box and play around with it, then I suppose this isn't the platform for you. But you aren't going to find any other device in this price range that has all of the features and (relative) stability than the Inspire 1, and certainly no device (quad or otherwise) in existence that has a 0% failure rate.

Take a breath, pull the Inspire 1 back out, calibrate, and do some flights in the backyard or nearby park. Start small. Once you get a handle on whether you are comfortable with how it performs, then move from there. But being glued to these forums is not the right way to operate your quad :)

^^^ you beat me to it :) Sounds like we both feel the same way on this issue

I'll drive to your house and take that pesky troublesome Inspire off your hands for a cool $700 in cash (all crisp $100 bills).

PM me for meeting date and time.

If you had never had looked on the forums you would be now flying it and enjoying it:). Don't let forums put you off, use them to gain hints and tips! And meet new friends and fellow inspire 1er's!

To all that replied to my thread thanks for the honest opinions I needed it to get me off the fence I even went and bought another vision2 plus v3 so my fiancé could fly with me as we have logged lots of hours on qx350 and vision 2 and I trust it and love that PHANTOM platform as I know everything I'm doing with it ...I am a car enthusiast to and even on the Shelby forums and Camaro forums you only hear the stuff that failed or the shops that screw up never how good the car is or the shop that does good work ..only difference is I know my stuff in and out with cars and know the difference between the trolls newbies and what's true or not ..I too try to help people when they ask what mods should I do or what's better camaro or mustang ..I own both and like both for different reasons and I call it what it is too. So thank you all I am going to un box it in an about 40 min when everything finishes charging and attempt the firmware update ..wish me luck ...won't be flying tonight as its snowing like an sob here in LI/NY

Reactions: turbodronepilot
To all that replied to my thread thanks for the honest opinions I needed it to get me off the fence I even went and bought another vision2 plus v3 so my fiancé could fly with me as we have logged lots of hours on qx350 and vision 2 and I trust it and love that PHANTOM platform as I know everything I'm doing with it ...I am a car enthusiast to and even on the Shelby forums and Camaro forums you only hear the stuff that failed or the shops that screw up never how good the car is or the shop that does good work ..only difference is I know my stuff in and out with cars and know the difference between the trolls newbies and what's true or not ..I too try to help people when they ask what mods should I do or what's better camaro or mustang ..I own both and like both for different reasons and I call it what it is too. So thank you all I am going to un box it in an about 40 min when everything finishes charging and attempt the firmware update ..wish me luck ...won't be flying tonight as its snowing like an sob here in LI/NY

1le camaross...break a leg flying my friend.
...better yet...DON'T...lol...
I bought two Inpsires and I intend to use them for commercial work here in Canada. I think best proof of excellence was this weekend when one of them got strapped to the back of a snowmobile and travelled 40km into the British Columbia side of the Rocky Mountains and flew perfectly fine afterwards.
I have flown my aircraft 3 feet off the water of the coast of Victoria, up to 200 meters high in the middle of the mountains, and flown in ATTI mode inside a warehouse including down an aisle that was only 5 feet wide...all with perfect confidence in the craft if not in myself and my abilities.

Just stay safe and pay attention to what your aircraft is doing. Calibrate the IMU and compass properly (proper direction) and let her rip. Sounds like you already have a ton of quad experience...go out and enjoy! The Inspire is like an Aston Martin compared to a Phantom being a Ford Fusion...:)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Do I have to update firmware out of the gate or can I fly it the way it came .
Thanks for the info ..I can fly the crap out of quads even stunt the qx350 pretty good so I know my orientation pretty well I fly my little blade through the house around everything like a bat out of hell with my German Shepard trying to get it so funny

Probably not the newer units come with the latest firmware you can check for updates via the pilot app once you get your inspire1. .check the start here sticky thread and see what firmware you should be running. .
Happy flying turbo. ...

Go out there and give it a go my friend. Just take it cautiously until you learn to trust it and then,just like a good woman, you can lock her back inside your basement until you want another turn.

I just ordered the inspire with extra battery and control. I'm having second thoughts after hearing about the uncontrolled flights and crashs. Are there any stats on number in operation vs crashes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool