Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V1.0 flipped after takeoff

Reaction score
First I wanted to say hello to everyone, because i'm new here.

Yesterday I wanted to fly my Inspire 1 in an open space (some fields in nature). I started the remote controller like usual and booted up my Inspire. I waited for the "Safe to Fly (GPS)"-message, checked the cell-voltages and then started the motors with a CSC. About 20-30cm (0.7ft) the drone moved with full throttle near some trees (without my stick input), but flipped in some grass on the ground, before reaching the trees. I found it restarting and the battery was popped out a little bit (I'm very sure it was locked in place 100% before take-off. I think it was because of the crash). Some propellers were broken after crashing, so I went home and replaced them. After that I calibrated the compass at the same location and this time it worked without any problems. Because of this crash I lost my trust in my Inspire 1. I looked through the .TXT logs and couldn't find anything special or abnormal. After that I checked .DAT log at "airdata.com". It shows, that right after take-off the Error "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" appeared 5 times, but it didn't in DJI GO. Now I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if one of the esc's has a problem or the IMU or maybe the battery, that I bought some weeks ago from DJI Germany (No joke, I wrote them an e-mail and they sent me an offer for a TB48.). When first using the battery, I fully charged it and then let it sit at full throttle in the Inspire for 45 minutes without props on the motors until it was low and the recharged it again. Last week I had a flight with the same battery without any problems with around 17 minutes of flight time (without any camera mounted).

I hope someone has an idea or some experience with that.

.DAT at AirData.com

Greetings from Germany,

Leon

First I wanted to say hello to everyone, because i'm new here.

Yesterday I wanted to fly my Inspire 1 in an open space (some fields in nature). I started the remote controller like usual and booted up my Inspire. I waited for the "Safe to Fly (GPS)"-message, checked the cell-voltages and then started the motors with a CSC. About 20-30cm (0.7ft) the drone moved with full throttle near some trees (without my stick input), but flipped in some grass on the ground, before reaching the trees. I found it restarting and the battery was popped out a little bit (I'm very sure it was locked in place 100% before take-off. I think it was because of the crash). Some propellers were broken after crashing, so I went home and replaced them. After that I calibrated the compass at the same location and this time it worked without any problems. Because of this crash I lost my trust in my Inspire 1. I looked through the .TXT logs and couldn't find anything special or abnormal. After that I checked .DAT log at "airdata.com". It shows, that right after take-off the Error "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" appeared 5 times, but it didn't in DJI GO. Now I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if one of the esc's has a problem or the IMU or maybe the battery, that I bought some weeks ago from DJI Germany (No joke, I wrote them an e-mail and they sent me an offer for a TB48.). When first using the battery, I fully charged it and then let it sit at full throttle in the Inspire for 45 minutes without props on the motors until it was low and the recharged it again. Last week I had a flight with the same battery without any problems with around 17 minutes of flight time (without any camera mounted).

I hope someone has an idea or some experience with that.

.DAT at AirData.com

Greetings from Germany,

Leon
I had one that tried to do that with a weak battery cell. It's different that a Phantom. You have to give some throttle to get it hovering. Mine drift to the right for a second on take off but then stabilize.

Did you check whether all props were properly installed? Looks like one of them came off.
I check the props everytime after mounting them on any of my drones. Im very sure they were properly installed. Thanks for your input though!

I had one that tried to do that with a weak battery cell. It's different that a Phantom. You have to give some throttle to get it hovering. Mine drift to the right for a second on take off but then stabilize.
Yes its indeed different than a Phantom (Less stable, loosing altitude faster when flying fast). But it was like it was prompted to fly to the trees (lol). Wasnt like a small drift from wind or ground turbulence. I flew my Inspire yesterday without any problems at a different location. Some days ago I flew my Phantom at the location where the Inspire crashed itself, it showed me a warning about some interference, maybe that was the cause. Thanks for your input!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo