Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2.0 appears to be stuck in Travel Mode - Firmware ?

Reaction score
Hi.

My new Inspire 1 V2.0 appears to be stuck in Travel Mode.

The 4 toggles (or 2 depending on who you believe) do nothing at all. The exit travel mode option in DJI Go won't allow me to click The inspire sits with a blue light.

I have tried multiple upgrades/downgrades of firmware on the radio. I have tried 1.7.8 (latest), 1.6.0 and 1.5.8. 1.7.8 was the only firmware that could talk to the Inspire, so I am assuming that downgrading won't help me. However, on 1.7.8 the aircraft status page in the app does say "Firmware Upgrade Required"

I'm not sure how I can do the aircraft firmware upgrade without getting it out of Travel mode and fitting camera gimbal? I read this - DJI Inspire 1 Upgrade Warning | Heliguy - and I now wonder if I'm stuffed?

I have uploaded a video to show the problem. I'd really appreciate any help you lot can give an inspiring inspire pilot :)

Thanks, Jason

I'm not sure how I can do the aircraft firmware upgrade without getting it out of Travel mode and fitting camera gimbal?
You do need to fit the gimbal, but you can just use 2 stands to lift the aircraft so you've got room for it.

You do need to fit the gimbal, but you can just use 2 stands to lift the aircraft so you've got room for it.

Hi, thanks for suggestion - I wasn't sure if I should fit the gimball like that - but I have now tried - as you suggested, place between boxes and fit the gimball. Inserting the SD Card with the firmware on it does nothing - I think it's still fooled into thinking it's in travel mode (blue light).

Hi, thanks for suggestion - I wasn't sure if I should fit the gimball like that - but I have now tried - as you suggested, place between boxes and fit the gimball. Inserting the SD Card with the firmware on it does nothing - I think it's still fooled into thinking it's in travel mode (blue light).

Never tried myself but I read several times that you can turn the worm wheel and lower the gear that way. It should go out of the travel mode 'way of thinking'.

Hi.

My new Inspire 1 V2.0 appears to be stuck in Travel Mode.

The 4 toggles (or 2 depending on who you believe) do nothing at all. The exit travel mode option in DJI Go won't allow me to click The inspire sits with a blue light.

I have tried multiple upgrades/downgrades of firmware on the radio. I have tried 1.7.8 (latest), 1.6.0 and 1.5.8. 1.7.8 was the only firmware that could talk to the Inspire, so I am assuming that downgrading won't help me. However, on 1.7.8 the aircraft status page in the app does say "Firmware Upgrade Required"

I'm not sure how I can do the aircraft firmware upgrade without getting it out of Travel mode and fitting camera gimbal? I read this - DJI Inspire 1 Upgrade Warning | Heliguy - and I now wonder if I'm stuffed?

I have uploaded a video to show the problem. I'd really appreciate any help you lot can give an inspiring inspire pilot :)

Thanks, Jason
Try re-linking the RC with the AC

I updated my firmware last night, it was late and when I was done I was going to put it in travel mode to put it back in the case. I toggled the switch 4 times and the blue light came on but the landing gear didn't move, tried it a couple of more times same thing. I was remembering this thread, and I knew I updated the AC before the remote, well It turned out the Inspire was smarter than me, I hadn't removed the X3. A senior moment.

I had a similar problem but it was trying to get it into travel mode from landing mode. It would go past landing mode into "flight" mode with gear up.... Did this several times. Finally figured out the same place I've been taking off from, the infield dirt of the baseball diamond had been graded. It fooled the sensors... Once I moved it to the concrete walkway it worked...

Ah, I forgot to come back to this thread and report success.

The key element was once I had downgraded my radio, to relink it to the inspire. Thanks to all for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam