Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2 Controller with iPhone 8+

Reaction score
I appoligize if this has been discussed before (can't believe that it hasn't), but I have searched several places and cannot find the answer I need. I have received my refurbished Inspire 1 v2 ship. I intended to use my iPhone 8+ as the display (mobile device) for the controller. I do not know how to accomplish this (i.e., connect them or sync them together) as there are only USB cables in the case and no where does any instruction information talk about WIFI (or Bluetooth) and connecting to any local network. So, my question is, "Can I use my iPhone 8+ and if so, How?" If not, then am I correct to assume that I must purchase an Android Tablet that would have a USB port? Also, are there any good directions on this subject out there anywhere?

Thanks for any saged advise.

First of all Bob, get the Dji go app on your iPhone 8+ then with your phone charge sync cable connect both your phone to your controller USB port, switch on controller, then device [iphone] open app Dji go then turn on Inspire 1, make sure the your controller, device, and Inspire are all fully charged, then you should be ready to go it might want to update some firmware if its not up to date,
See how you get on with that mate.

Thanks Kelv, I just realized I could do that about 20 minutes after I wrote the post. Sometimes one can't see the forest for all the trees!!

I'm curious which APP is best to use, the DJI GO one or the DJI PILOT one? Any thoughts?

Ive always used djiGo its always worked fine for me, try them both see how you get on with them every body is different

Thanks Kelv, I just realized I could do that about 20 minutes after I wrote the post. Sometimes one can't see the forest for all the trees!!

I'm curious which APP is best to use, the DJI GO one or the DJI PILOT one? Any thoughts?
As per DJI's website - the Pilot App is only compatible with the Enterprise series of UAV's of which the Inspire 1 (all versions) is not one of them.
Use DJI Go only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207