Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 question

Reaction score
I am thinking in getting one next year... The price for a refurbished one right now is $1399... Does anyone know if the inspire is worth it that price compared to the phantom 4 pro?

All depends on what you want to do with it. Ability to change cameras, etc... That 1400 price is for just the bird and a couple batteries and a controller i am sure. Lots more needed again depending on what you want to do with the inspire.

Last edited:
Again....you asked if it was a good deal compared to the P4P. You haven't said what you want to do with it or what type of capabilities you are looking for out of your bird.

Again....you asked if it was a good deal compared to the P4P. You haven't said what you want to do with it or what type of capabilities you are looking for out of your bird.
Just as a hobby flying machine. I was interested in a phantom but the inspire is not a toy grade drone.

Just as a hobby flying machine. I was interested in a phantom but the inspire is not a toy grade drone.
I have a Spark I can sell you if you are looking for just a fun flying machine that can take aerial pictures. The Inspire is a lot of cash and so is the Phantom for just a hobby bird.

I have a Spark I can sell you if you are looking for just a fun flying machine that can take aerial pictures. The Inspire is a lot of cash and so is the Phantom for just a hobby bird.
I had a phantom 3 standard and currently own a mavic pro and a Xiaomi 4k drone. I know already how drones work. I just would like to own big bird like the inspire.

Then why ask? It's your money and if all it is about is having a big drone to fly....go get it. It's not even a comparison with the P4P and the Inspire if all you are looking for is a large drone to fly.

Then why ask? It's your money and if all it is about is having a big drone to fly....go get it. It's not even a comparison with the P4P and the Inspire if all you are looking for is a large drone to fly.
Well, I would like to know the technicality of the inspire compared to a phantom. Which one is better in performance, camera, features, etc.

the inspire deff being bigger. it also doesnt fly as long as the Phantoms and Mavic. but since its bigger it is way more stable in higher wind flying. setup is longer unless you get a landing mode case. cause the stock case means camera comes off and bird goes flat to travel mode. (can watch youtube videos of the setup/breakdown) me i have the phantom 3 4k, Mavic pro, and inspire 1. but seem to fly the inspire more due to the size and its always windy by me

Reactions: macoman
Get the Inspire. You will love it. With the right set up you can have it in the Air as fast as the MP. First time in the air you will know you made the right decision.

The great thing about the I1 is the absence of obstacle avoidance and selfie modes. I love it and prefer it above anything else. Only the size makes me grab the Mavic Pro regularly. But I usually end up regretting not bringing the I1 when I fly the MP. It is that much more fun to fly. It's more like good old RC flying than operating a selfie drone.

edit: but still, the MP is also amazing for its size.

The great thing about the I1 is the absence of obstacle avoidance and selfie modes. I love it and prefer it above anything else. Only the size makes me grab the Mavic Pro regularly. But I usually end up regretting not bringing the I1 when I fly the MP. It is that much more fun to fly. It's more like good old RC flying than operating a selfie drone.

edit: but still, the MP is also amazing for its size.
I have the mavic pro as well. The only reason I would like an inspire is because is different, big and according to people who own it, the material which is made is premium too with the exception of the white plastic.

Well, I would like to know the technicality of the inspire compared to a phantom. Which one is better in performance, camera, features, etc.
DJI tech specs page for each aircraft will give you exactly that information

I am thinking in getting one next year... The price for a refurbished one right now is $1399... Does anyone know if the inspire is worth it that price compared to the phantom 4 pro?

Comparing Phantoms with INspires is apples / oranges. Two completely different tools. Depending on the camera, (assuming you graduate from the inadequate stock camera and go for the additional camera plate and X5 camera) it provides a far better still image than any Phantom. The Inspire1 is a true camera in the sky, providing the ability to adjust aperture, shutter, change lenses, get the landing gear out of the way...and as others have rightly said, far more stable in the wind. The beauty of the INSPIRE is its shape..as you can fly into the wind keeping the broad fuselage from being buffeted & turn the camera to your objective.. The aerodesign of the Phantom is remarkably elegant and can go against wind but it will struggle as you see the bird lean into the wind. I carry my P4P in a small rollerboard suitcase in its original foam case, with 4 bats, chargers, extra props, wherever I go. The sensor is one inch so its a far better raw file than any current MP which harks back to the Phantom 3. (However the rumor mill has DJI's new Mavic iteration with a 1" sensor. That may be a game changer and the Mavic has long been touted as having a remarkable RC....but the INSPIRE has choices. In fairness, I own 2 INspire 1's (one of them is for sale); Inspire 2 (I want to get another) Mavic Pro, Phantom4Pro and I keep the Phantom3Pro, for experimenting.... nuff said. Jonathan in NYC.

Comparing Phantoms with INspires is apples / oranges. Two completely different tools. Depending on the camera, (assuming you graduate from the inadequate stock camera and go for the additional camera plate and X5 camera) it provides a far better still image than any Phantom. The Inspire1 is a true camera in the sky, providing the ability to adjust aperture, shutter, change lenses, get the landing gear out of the way...and as others have rightly said, far more stable in the wind. The beauty of the INSPIRE is its shape..as you can fly into the wind keeping the broad fuselage from being buffeted & turn the camera to your objective.. The aerodesign of the Phantom is remarkably elegant and can go against wind but it will struggle as you see the bird lean into the wind. I carry my P4P in a small rollerboard suitcase in its original foam case, with 4 bats, chargers, extra props, wherever I go. The sensor is one inch so its a far better raw file than any current MP which harks back to the Phantom 3. (However the rumor mill has DJI's new Mavic iteration with a 1" sensor. That may be a game changer and the Mavic has long been touted as having a remarkable RC....but the INSPIRE has choices. In fairness, I own 2 INspire 1's (one of them is for sale); Inspire 2 (I want to get another) Mavic Pro, Phantom4Pro and I keep the Phantom3Pro, for experimenting.... nuff said. Jonathan in NYC.
Thank you for your response... The inspire looks, material quality and speed over the phantoms has always been interesting. Now I can buy an inspire 1 at an affordable price and experience this awesome piece of technology marvel.

Thank you for your response... The inspire looks, material quality and speed over the phantoms has always been interesting. Now I can buy an inspire 1 at an affordable price and experience this awesome piece of technology marvel.
Indeed it has good quality tho all DJI Products have their glitches, frustrations, and inconsistencies as you will read on this forum. When the propellers were upgraded, they were not machined well and DJII offered to send 10 cents of soft foam to stick into the propeller slot insuring a tight fit WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT...sometimes DJI simply in its rush to manufacturer doesnt get things right. And that includes Firmware glitches, poorly built RC's...and more..and a lack of openess and transparency to discuss these issues....Someday we will have hydrogen cell bats and get rid of the Lipos' always the weakest link in this technology. WHere are you? I have an Inspire to sell. :)

they have already teste hydrogen cells on a Yuneec Tornado, they take up a lot of space might be too large for a Inspire sized bird, but I feel that is the tech!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips