Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2, Slaved Controller and Litchi ...

Reaction score
Q: When executing a waypoint mission using Litchi, supposing you have a Master and Slave controller set up (if possible in Litchi?), will the the slave controller be functional during the mission, perhaps overriding the waypoint camera attributes? This question is specific to being in waypoint mode and executing a saved waypoint mission.

Last edited:
Fire up everything in your living room. You don't have to actually launch the Litchi mission to know if the dual controller set up will work. I'm sure Litchi will give you some kind of message that may answer your question outright. If not, you can jack around with the second controller and see if it still controls the camera. This seems like the quickest way to get an accurate answer.

D

Q: When executing a waypoint mission using Litchi, supposing you have a Master and Slave controller set up (if possible in Litchi?), will the the slave controller be functional during the mission, perhaps overriding the waypoint camera attributes? This question is specific to being in waypoint mode and executing a saved waypoint mission.
I suppose the question would be why?

If the aircraft is undergoing a fully autonomous flight path you have control of the camera should you so wish (overiding the Litchi camera commands entered).
This then allows the aircraft to fly it's programmed path and take control of the camera to override your programmed camera direction/moves.
At least, that's how I remember Litchi functionality - it's been a long time since I used it.
Why would you then want an additional controller to control flight?
Seem to make the whole waypoint autonomy moot.

You can contact Litchi direct and I have always found them good at responding.

If the aircraft is undergoing a fully autonomous flight path you have control of the camera should you so wish (overiding the Litchi camera commands entered).
This then allows the aircraft to fly it's programmed path and take control of the camera to override your programmed camera direction/moves.
At least, that's how I remember Litchi functionality - it's been a long time since I used it.

Smooth, professional compound camera movements are nearly impossible with a single joystick. I get why he'd want to have the dual joysticks fully dedicated to just the camera. I don't know about Litchi, but AutoPilot allows full control of the camera on my Inspire 1, but only panning via the right joystick, and tilting via the knob. The kicker is that you can't do both at the same time! The knob *cancels* the joystick. Fortunately, at this point, I've really had no need for full camera control, as I always fly dual operator for that feature. So I get where the guy is coming from.

D

Reactions: Avocet
Smooth, professional compound camera movements are nearly impossible with a single joystick. I get why he'd want to have the dual joysticks fully dedicated to just the camera. I don't know about Litchi, but AutoPilot allows full control of the camera on my Inspire 1, but only panning via the right joystick, and tilting via the knob. The kicker is that you can't do both at the same time! The knob *cancels* the joystick. Fortunately, at this point, I've really had no need for full camera control, as I always fly dual operator for that feature. So I get where the guy is coming from.

D
No - totally understand.
From my recollection, that is achievable within Litchi, but now I think about it my declining grey cells might be wrong.
It's sooooo long since I even fired up that app that I seem to remember it as once you had started the mission you could select to have the remote control just the camera moves (over and above any you had programmed).
Toggling PAF instantly halted the mission and brought flight controls back to the sticks.
But the more I think about it....the more I doubt myself.

Still...... I've only ever been wrong once. That's when I thought I had made a mistake, but hadn't :rolleyes: :D

I think the gist is becoming clear. I'd like the autonomy of waypoints so I don't have to worry about a confused orientation from the FPV if is controlled by the slave. A 2nd controller is new territory to me and I know disorientation is a real risk if I'm completely unaware of where the lens is pointed and how it got there. Assuming I'm still LOS, at great distance, things could get dicey quickly I fear. A tap of the recenter the gimbal (master) could solve the situation, if and only if, the answer to my original question is yes? I will try the "living room" idea to be sure.

Thanks for the input, brothers.

I'm thinking I didn't make myself clear. I want exactly what you laid out, taking control of the camera during waypoint sequences overriding the mission camera POIs, directions and angles, etc.

Another thing, I could then let my VO initiate the mission with the Master, while I flew the camera using my Slave, which I'd really like get to. Finding a willing and capable VO is not always a given here in my sitcheashun.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips