Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2. will not link with my X3

Reaction score
Website
www.visualstudiobelize.com
Hi guys. I have an Inspire 1 Pro that came with the X5 camera. I started to use the X5 on my Osmo a lot so I decided to buy an X3 to use dedicated on the Inspire and leave the X5 dedicated on the Osmo. After i bought the X3, I tried connecting it onto the Inspire. Physically the X3 fit nicely on the Inspire but I can't get any response from the X3 when I power on the drone.
I'm wondering what I should in order for the Inspire to recognize the X3 camera. Shouldn't it be recognized as soon as you turn on the Inspire? I thought maybe the Inspire was already so used to having the X5 mounted on it that it was not recognizing the X3 due to some firmware maybe?

My X3 camera is black, and it was bought as a refurbished Osmo handheld device.

ironically the X3 (or Z3) camera (generally identifiable as the black ones) that comes with the Osmo doesn't work with the Inspire 1

BUT

the X3 (or X5 with the adapter, like you've used) camera that comes with the Inspire 1 will work with the Osmo

it seems that way

else advertise (locally to yourself) it for a straight swop or swop with small cash incentive

it depends on how urgent it is and your personal convictions

I too tried my Osmo+ camera on my Inspire 1V2, I get a picture but zero gimbal control, thus useless on the I1v2

Reactions: Jim Weist
Reactions: Donnie Frank
Why do you think they made it that way? Perhaps a way to get you spend more on buying the correct X3 that will work on the Inspire?
As pointed out above, they are slightly different features wise. The Osmo X3 was released later than the Inspire 1 (and thus Inspire 1 X3) and I think in order to keep the compatibility and price point they opted to do it the way they did, of course I wouldn't put it beyond them to have considered higher sales volumes this way either. It would have been great if they were 2-way interchangeable though.

ironically the X3 (or Z3) camera (generally identifiable as the black ones) that comes with the Osmo doesn't work with the Inspire 1

BUT

the X3 (or X5 with the adapter, like you've used) camera that comes with the Inspire 1 will work with the Osmo

I did not know that. Good to know!!

D

Reactions: Jim Weist

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1