Reaction score
Do we know the exact differences yet?

Known:
X5 Camera
X5 Mounting plate

Rumor:
Higher KV motors
Lightbridge 2

Lightbridge 2 is looks to be a re-packaged version of the original, only with the ground station built into the controller. Another way of looking at it would be seeing the Inspire 1 as already having the Lightbridge 2 technology built in from day 1. Now DJI are just making that standalone available to use on other platforms.

The Inspire 1 PRO will come with a single controller & Lens. The upcoming Inspire 1 RAW will come with 2 controllers, 512GB SSD & Lens. Aside from the X5 camera and mounting plate, the craft itself hasn't changed.

Lightbridge 2 boast SDI out and 1080p streaming over wireless so something has changed. Also the remote has SDI out + HDMI out

Most of that is already on the Inspire 1.

Yes current Inspire 1 can easily carry the X5, it will reduce flight times over the X3 camera obviously. The inspire 1 pro comes with the x5, slightly higher kv motors and landing heels to increase the clearance of the x5 (will be able to purchase for current I1).

Lightbridge 2 has a new remote with SID out and 1080p wireless stream.
The inspire 1 pro has the SAME lightbridge as the Inspire 1.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Buy Inspire 1 Pro | DJI Store
You are right!
Those heels looks awful imo, but I guess is a matter of get use to it lol

the craft itself hasn't changed.
Not true. According to one of the insiders on the DJI official forum it has a number of improvements. Externally the landing gear has been beefed up, which can be seen by the photos. Internally I don't know, but it has been hinted at that there are differences.

Only differences mentioned are the higher KV motors and the LG heels, FAIK

Edit: Well, the X5 plate, too, I guess.

They should have made that clear. Now I am thinking of buying the Pro instead of the camera and mount.

hopefully they thickened the carbon fiber on the arms so they dont snap like toothpicks on a hard landing.

Reactions: PB30X
hopefully they thickened the carbon fiber on the arms so they dont snap like toothpicks on a hard landing.
I don't think they invested in such thing, most probably they reused the most spare parts they made for inspire 1 vanilla.

Well, at least I crashed my inspire into the ocean at a decent time. This thing looks beast. How does that camera compare to the GH4 people fly on other rigs? Also, since my inspire still sits on the ocean froor, I have 7 batteries for it and two controllers. I'm assuming I can use these right? I know I have to buy it with a controller so I'll just sell one of the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus

Some posts here seem to suggest that the controller is not exactly the same, with the Lightbridge downlink streaming 1080p instead of 720p.

Batteries seem identical, Inspire 1 Pro comes with a TB47 battery (why wouldn't the pro ship with TB48 to begin with, a head-scratching decision on DJI's part)

I read your story about your inspire sitting in 30ft deep water. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks @JayBurd . When someone knows about the controllers it'd be awesome to post it here. Too bad I lost one of my 48's in the inspire belly flop. wish it would have been my 47...Now I have 2 controllers and a lot invested into batteries so that is good to know those should at least work.

Check it out:

1:17 he mentions the focus on the remote.

Last edited:

Actually as I was reading your story in the other thread, I wanted to ask you (but did not) on that particular yacht, which do you think is less risky -- landing the craft, or hand catching it?

Actually as I was reading your story in the other thread, I wanted to ask you (but did not) on that particular yacht, which do you think is less risky -- landing the craft, or hand catching it?
Landing on the front of the boat while it was moving, and windy, in the waves was super sketchy, but I didn't want to Enrique Iglesias anyone's hand up either. as soon as someone puts their hand under the sensor on the bottom the gear goes down towards their face. I think you can turn this feature off but I still dont recommend hand catching unless absolutely necessary.....luckily I had a pretty large area to land on, on the front and back of the boat.

Sorry to take it off topic, back to the Inspire 1 pro...

Attachments

• PicsArt_1442003993970.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 20150909_160923.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: JayBurd