Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1

Reaction score
Heading up to lake Tahoe the weekend extreme cold and snow looking to do some flying any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Heading up to lake Tahoe the weekend extreme cold and snow looking to do some flying any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As requested previously - can you please NOT entitle all your threads as "Inspire 1"?
It is not helpful for other members of the forum and renders the search function useless.

Thank You.

Make sure you fit the battery insulation covers provided by DJI. If it is extremely cold use felt covers for outside the battery case. I keep my batteries warm by having them in the passenger footwell with the heater on whilst driving to the flying location. Provided the batteries have been stored in a warm environment this will be sufficient. If they are warm to touch they are warm enough. Fit the warm battery, do your usual preflight checks take off and hover with the battery tab open. For me once the battery temp reaches 18C off I go taking care to keep the volts indicator out of the red. I have no basis for the 18C figure, normally only takes 30 seconds or less to reach this. Keep an eye on the battery condition during your flights and you should be fine. Make sure your batteries have been cycled properly. Works for me although I have only flown down to -13C this is including windchill factor. Post some footage I bet it looks great this time of year.

Reactions: jon b

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84