Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2, 2.4g and 5g signal weak/loss

Reaction score
hello all I was hoping to see if anyone has come into my similar situation.
I can take the inspire 2 to any location and have about a 3-400 ft range from controller. I have done all steps to prevent signal issues airplane mode on phones,WiFi,recal compass and also beginner mode is off haha.. I have been in 3 different locations and I keep getting this signal weak warning and then it’ll loose signal and i2 come back as it should then comes back online. My i1 has had no issue with signal strength in these same locations. I also have not updated to the newest firmware as I see quite few hiccups in the firmware.
So that being said maybe someone has dealt with this same issue and be able to give some advice on what I may need to do or something I can test to resolve this problem I’d be very thankful. Fly safe

I had a similar problem with my Inspire 2 after it came back from DJI repair. No matter what I did it would go no further than 300-400 feet without loss of signal. I sent the inspire back to DJI repair and told them what the problem was. It came back with the same problem. They apparently did not check for distance. I sent it back again. DJI finally gave in and sent me a new inspire 2. The first thing I did was check for signal strength for as far as I could see it and it worked perfectly. So what ever was causing the loss of signal after such short distances was due to something that neither I nor DJI repair could fix and a new bird was the solution.

Reactions: Elevated Vision
I had a similar problem with my Inspire 2 after it came back from DJI repair. No matter what I did it would go no further than 300-400 feet without loss of signal. I sent the inspire back to DJI repair and told them what the problem was. It came back with the same problem. They apparently did not check for distance. I sent it back again. DJI finally gave in and sent me a new inspire 2. The first thing I did was check for signal strength for as far as I could see it and it worked perfectly. So what ever was causing the loss of signal after such short distances was due to something that neither I nor DJI repair could fix and a new bird was the solution.
Thank you so much for your reply. You may have solved my issue. Cause this drone has been in for repair for the compass, and has been doing this signal issue sense as far as I know. Again thank you kindly and safe flights. If I send it back and I get details I’ll make sure to post her for anyone else with his problem.

Was it replaced under DJI Care??? I have the same issue and of course, my I2 is about 1.5 years old, so my DJI Care is expired...

Was it replaced under DJI Care??? I have the same issue and of course, my I2 is about 1.5 years old, so my DJI Care is expired...
Did you ever get this fixed on your Inspire 2? I have a very similar problem. However if I fly mine backwards away from me the distance is very good. So it would appear that the antennas on the rear legs of the Inspire 2 are not functioning. Just wanted to see what you ever found out.

You can get DJI Resfresh Care + which extends your original DJI Refresh Care for another year and it’s $249 for the extra year. I got it for my I2 along with State Farm insurance which covers everything including a crash, theft, etc. for only $85 a year. You can check and see if it’s available in your state because I heard that it’s not offered in all states here in the USA.

I never had DJi refresh. Hind sight is 20/20. Not sure what my options are now. If I knew what the cause was I would take it apart and fix it myself.

You still might be able to get DJI Refresh Care? Not quite sure how it works but you might ask them. And I have taken mine apart for some minor things but when it comes to the electronics I send it in for repairs.

I never had DJi refresh. Hind sight is 20/20. Not sure what my options are now. If I knew what the cause was I would take it apart and fix it myself.
You can at least check if all 4 antennas in the legs are properly connected. Just remove the plastic covers on each leg to expose the pc boards. That is what I would do. If that does not lead to a resolution of your problem, DJI service might be the only other option. It could be also your transmitter. The way the wires from PC board are attached to the antennas is not very robust. Each time you turn the antennas from transport to ✌ position, the tiny wires are stressed and it could lead to break off. Then the signal will not be transmitted in full strength. Only service can check all that and identify the real cause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg