Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 and sole piloting

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to build a side-line to my main work (software), providing aerial marketing and survey services to SMB's. (not broadcast/film work)

I like the Inspire 2 for increased flight-time, and redundancy.

My question...

Using Litchi or Autopilot, am I going to be able to get good enough footage for these purposes? I don't want to have to use a cameraman.

Thanks,

SC

The short answer is yes, you will be able to achieve good results. Not knowing your photography/video skill level you will have to learn some skills. Smooth copter and camera control/adjustments will be necessary . You should be able to do much of this with the DJI Go4App also. There are many single pilot operators producing outstanding videos.

Thanks. Somebody has just suggested I don't need anything more than a Mavic/Phantom, and even that I should wait for a P5.

Just use Litchi/Atopilot instead of a cameraman.

He may be right - but I also like the redundancy and improved wind-stability of the I2.

Am I wasting my money? Is it a sledgehammer to crack a nut?

I personally have I2 and P4P. The Inspire 2 is indeed more stable and flexible in camera options available. However, P4P while really feels and looks like the toy when compared to the I2 producing impressive imagery and is easier to travel with and faster to set up. It’s also a question of investment. Buying I2 and all accessories with it can really add up. Either drone is a great choice.

I am not showing off here I promise. It’s just that when addressing image quality there is no better way to express the capability than actually showing the capability. If you follow the link to my aerial showreel which is now aged (everything here was shot 1 to 3 years ago with a Phantom 4 Standard and Inspire 1 with the stock x3 camera). I have since upgraded to the Phantom 4 Pro and Inspired 2 with x5s camera and trust me, every one of these images would be five times better all around of I had used those platforms. If you have the cash I highly recommend the I2 and if you decide to go that route I can’t say enough about Michael at Florida Drone Supply especially if after-purchase support and advise is important to you.

Good luck!

Thanks. Somebody has just suggested I don't need anything more than a Mavic/Phantom, and even that I should wait for a P5.

Just use Litchi/Atopilot instead of a cameraman.

He may be right - but I also like the redundancy and improved wind-stability of the I2.

Am I wasting my money? Is it a sledgehammer to crack a nut?
Mavic *can* be good - but in the wind - any wind - you'd want something more substantial. Plus you cannot change the f-stop on a Mavic; only on P4 Pro & Inspire series

Thanks, all. They vid is super. I can't imagine that an I2 could have some a better job... When viewed from the web, could it?

Is there an appreciable improvement in wind stability of I2 over I1?

SC

Thanks, all. They vid is super. I can't imagine that an I2 could have some a better job... When viewed from the web, could it?

Is there an appreciable improvement in wind stability of I2 over I1?

SC

This is a great video, but the i2 with x4s would most likely give a better end result, x5s or x7 even more so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal55