Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 andd Litchi compatibility

Reaction score
Anyone used Litchi app with Inspire 2 ? Any problems ? I flew some pano shots with my Phantom 3 and it worked Ok but when I returned to P mode after completion it would not land. The drone would get within an inch of the ground but would not finish the landing. I had to do a csc to put it down . Lucky I did not break a carbon prop when it tipped over. Now I am not confident enough to risk my new Inspire 2.. Any help would build my confidence as I really like the app better then the Go4 software.

I use Litchi all the time with my I2 and have no problems. However, one word of caution, Litchi as well as Autopilot have noted some issues with the I2 after the latest I2 FW update. You can read all about it on the Forum as well as the Litchi site.

I use Litchi all the time with my I2 and have no problems. However, one word of caution, Litchi as well as Autopilot have noted some issues with the I2 after the latest I2 FW update. You can read all about it on the Forum as well as the Litchi site.
Thanks, I will look into that issue because I update on each new release..

Litchi is awesome with the Inspire2. Very cool that they have now added all of the SSD settings and FPV camera support in the last update. The firmware bug isues are limited to a few of the available modes so be careful of those for now.

March 2017 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 1.15.8
- fixed hardware decoding bug
- fixed issue where the battery serial would not correctly update in the flight logs when changing the battery
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug
Version 1.15.7
- added shutter and aperture priority exposure modes
- long press anywhere on the video preview to set Focus to Infinity for Mavic Pro
- added custom function "Focus to Infinity" for Mavic Pro
- added Burst shot x10/x14 capture modes for P4 Pro / Inspire 2
- added Inspire 2 SSD settings
- added FPV Camera support for Inspire 2

- bug fixes for Phantom 3 4K
Android: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 3.10.6
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Follow, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug

Litchi is awesome with the Inspire2. Very cool that they have now added all of the SSD settings and FPV camera support in the last update. The firmware bug isues are limited to a few of the available modes so be careful of those for now.

March 2017 Updates
iOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 1.15.8
- fixed hardware decoding bug
- fixed issue where the battery serial would not correctly update in the flight logs when changing the battery
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug
Version 1.15.7
- added shutter and aperture priority exposure modes
- long press anywhere on the video preview to set Focus to Infinity for Mavic Pro
- added custom function "Focus to Infinity" for Mavic Pro
- added Burst shot x10/x14 capture modes for P4 Pro / Inspire 2
- added Inspire 2 SSD settings
- added FPV Camera support for Inspire 2

- bug fixes for Phantom 3 4K
Android: Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire
Version 3.10.6
- due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Follow, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug
Thanks for the info. I'll check on the version I purchased..

I just purchased Litchi yesterday in hopes of using it. After using Go for a while and particularly impressed on the go ap. An honest review on my android tab 2 might rename the app "glitchy" as it randomly shuts down. During a particular pano sequence not only did the app seem to do its minimized barf, but it blocked controls to the machine in a hover until I reconnected.

Any response to this pointed to the correct forum is much appreciated.

-thanks.
-C

Hello, I am just starting to use Litchi with my Inspire 2 and have no yet figured out how to get Litchi to yaw the gimbal rather than the aircraft. Have you figured that out yet? Also what settings do you use for Gimbal Mode and why?

thanks, Chris

With the latest updates of Litchi and DJI for the Inspire 2/controller that "Focus" mode in Litchi works just fine. I used it 3 times today.

I did have a couple of issues with Litchi disconnecting and the app just exiting on my iPad. I had to relaunch the app to reconnect with my drone. While disconnected, the drone just hovered in place. I thought that it was programmed to RTH after a disconnect but I was completely disconnected for over a minute while I relaunched the app and it just hovered about 75 yards away. It was pretty hot today, around 95 degrees, so the app failure could have been an overheating iPad. I can't blame Litchi for the disconnect just yet without more flights in different weather.

Bottom line, the Litchi features above related to the bug appear to be working with the latest updates as of today, 7/22/17.

I recently just purchased the Litchi app and running on an Ipad Air 2 with an I2 X5s (recently updated the new firmware on ALL components). I kept getting the calibrate the IMU warning that would not let me do much else. I created an account prior and created a mission to fly & test it out the next day (Sidenote: since our beloved developers at DJI CANT get the POI function working on the Go4 app!!!!!!!!). When I launched the app same deal. I could not find for the life of me where to do that in the Litchi app so I defaulted to the DJI Go4. Recalibrated the IMU, closed Go4 then relaunched Litchi, same warning, no flight!

I proceeded to calibrate the compass twice and error message disappeared and the I2 ran it's mission no prob and I ended up flying with Litchi for the rest of the flight time. I gotta say though I was saying prayers and gritting my teeth and crossing EVERYTHING! LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Viper Pilot
Hello, I am just starting to use Litchi with my Inspire 2 and have no yet figured out how to get Litchi to yaw the gimbal rather than the aircraft. Have you figured that out yet? Also what settings do you use for Gimbal Mode and why?

thanks, Chris
You ever figure this out? If I set heading for a waypoint then the bird just ;points that way - not the camera?

Hello all,
I'm new in using litchi app, and can't find out how to upload maps to plane my mission at home. Any idea?
Thanks

Hello,
A good place to start is to sign up here at the Litchi Hub. Also you will want to sign in through the app to Litchi as well. Then when you create something on the Hub and save it, you can load that in and refine it, in the application. The app itself opens in the map view on my ipad and from there I can move around and find the location I am looking for. Also PhantomFilmSchool is a great resource with specific training. I have found them very helpful.

Another thing is if you don't have a cellular tablet and/or can't connect to a hotspot on site, you can load your mission at home, zoom in and around the area, and then close Litchi and when you open it at the site where you will fly, it will remember that last mission map.

Hope this helps, Chris

Hello,
A good place to start is to sign up here at the Litchi Hub. Also you will want to sign in through the app to Litchi as well. Then when you create something on the Hub and save it, you can load that in and refine it, in the application. The app itself opens in the map view on my ipad and from there I can move around and find the location I am looking for. Also PhantomFilmSchool is a great resource with specific training. I have found them very helpful.

Another thing is if you don't have a cellular tablet and/or can't connect to a hotspot on site, you can load your mission at home, zoom in and around the area, and then close Litchi and when you open it at the site where you will fly, it will remember that last mission map.

Hope this helps, Chris
Thanks Chris, it was really helpful for me!!

I haven't had a change to test this but in settings find the Gimbal Mode. Inside that are Free (inspire), FPV, and Yaw Follow. I am wondering if Yaw Follow or Free (Inspire) would allow that to happen.
It is now 8 months after your post.
I hope you or someone has figured this out now.
I just started doing aerial video for a realtor who sells large tracts of bare land and he mostly wants panoramas. (Yes, I have a FAA certificate)
I have gone out twice and tried to do auto panoramas with Litch and my Inspire 2 with X5S camera. In Litchi, f I put Gimbal in "Free(inspire)" or "Yaw Follow" it will not move camera in either mode. The I2 rotate nicely to the new heading for the next photo, but the camera stays pointing toward the first shot.
In Go4, Free meaning the I2 rotates and the cam doesn't. In Yaw/Follow, the camera turns with the drone with a little lag for smoothness.
I can shoot effective panos with the I2 manually rotating, but what a PITA compared with what litchi would do if I had a much cheaper P3 or 4. Frustrated. I can't find any info about that on YouTube.
Thanks for any help.

...but I have an "Inspire 2"
I can set the gimbal mode to Yaw/Follow in the Litchi settings, BUT, every time I start to shoot a panorama with Litchi, it changes the gimbal mode back to Free (Inspire)
I have taken tutorials and know what all of the functions and settings are. If I was flying a Phantom, I'll bet I wouldn't have a problem.
I got it to work one time by taking off and hovering with Litchi, then setting the gimbal mode to Yaw/Follow, then shutting down Litchi and restarting it.
That time it kept the yaw setting, but the yaw was way slower than the drone in rotating. AND, I had to let the drone hover itself in the air while I turned the app off and on.
I only had it 6 feet up in my front yard so I risked it.

So, my summary is; it seems that Litchi thinks since I have an Inspire 2, the gimbal should always be set to free. Did I mention that it also will not rotate the camera automatically in "waypoint?"

P.S. Thanks for the link to Litchi Training. I do appreciate knowing where that is and I will use it.

ER, welcome for the link, I am following you intently as I have also purchased Litchi and was hoping to see if they had provided advanced features to take advantage of the 540 degrees of rotation capable in the I2 package, I own an I2 also. Since I do not have an I1 with Litchi to compare to, I was hoping that it was at least as capable as DJI Go4 in support for the free gimbal mode capability. I asked Laurence Seberini if he had any added I2 gimbal lectures and he said that there were not enough I2 sold and most I2 pilots were advanced enough to be able to figure it out. Well it seems like you might wish to take his advice to me and ask Litchi directly on their support line? [email protected]

Hey Guys, I just got a chance to test with the latest Inspire 2 firmware and the Litchi app on IOS Version 2.2 (April 24, 2018). I tested this in the Yaw Follow mode and it worked correctly. I test 180 degree and 90-degree pano. I watch it take all the picture for each mission. I selected the Pano mode, went to settings and switched to Yaw Follow. Ran the missions and it appears to stay in Yaw Follow. I also loaded a Waypoint mission and it stayed in Yaw Follow. I agree with @FlyaDrone. I'd be contacting them directly to see what is up.

Hey Guys, I just got a chance to test with the latest Inspire 2 firmware and the Litchi app on IOS Version 2.2 (April 24, 2018). I tested this in the Yaw Follow mode and it worked correctly. I test 180 degree and 90-degree pano. I watch it take all the picture for each mission. I selected the Pano mode, went to settings and switched to Yaw Follow. Ran the missions and it appears to stay in Yaw Follow. I also loaded a Waypoint mission and it stayed in Yaw Follow. I agree with @FlyaDrone. I'd be contacting them directly to see what is up.
I wanted to update you. I did start running into the issue with the Yaw Follow not sticking. I contacted Litchi support and they asked me to try the current Beta which is addressing issues with the updates. I haven't had a chance to test yet and will let you know what I find out. You can request being on the Beta test group here: Beta - Litchi
If you are IOS then you will need to email them. They responded very quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide