Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Announcement: September 27th 11:30am

Reaction score

If you remember the original Inspire 1 teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4f29cwJcU It had a triangle slowly inverting throughout the entire video. Pretty similar theme here, but instead of inverting, it looks to be twisting counter-clockwise.

Also note at @0:42 The top set of arms are consistent with the existing Inspire 1, the structural member and then the smaller pushrod. But below that there is another set of arms.

It'll be interesting to see what that's implying. 6 rotor inspire? Or a twisting action to raise the landing gear instead of the inverting triangle on the Inspire 1?

Either way, I'm excited for the Tuesday after next.

Reactions: Phatzo
... or it could be just a Mavic. Which wouldn't affect resale of an Inspire 1, but also doesn't explain any of the recent price drops on Inspire 1 hardware throughout online retailers.

Reactions: Ascender
Looks more to me like the newest DJI Mavic leaks:

More DJI Mavic images emerge - sUAS News

If you remember the original Inspire 1 teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4f29cwJcU It had a triangle slowly inverting throughout the entire video. Pretty similar theme here, but instead of inverting, it looks to be twisting counter-clockwise.

Also note at @0:42 The top set of arms are consistent with the existing Inspire 1, the structural member and then the smaller pushrod. But below that there is another set of arms.

It'll be interesting to see what that's implying. 6 rotor inspire? Or a twisting action to raise the landing gear instead of the inverting triangle on the Inspire 1?

Either way, I'm excited for the Tuesday after next.

Reactions: Lucas and SimplyKen
I did see (and like) that post. Thought I'd share some pics to go along with our theories as well.

Yep. See post #2. "...or it could just be the Mavic"

Being a Mavic actually helps us retain our resale on the Inspire 1s, so it's better for us. Nobody is gonna make me switch back to a 1/2.3" sensor =P

Reactions: SimplyKen
I did see (and like) that post. Thought I'd share some pics to go along with our theories as well.

Yeah it would make sense to bite into the "Ultraportable foldable drone" market which apparently is now a thing with the Karma launch today.

Personally I never thought Phantom backpacks were all that big? And Osmos are pretty great handheld stabilizers. But it is cool to have it in one package. DJI probably won't compete in that aspect, but their series of flight controllers is much more mature and tested than GoPros. Time will tell if GoPros have a bunch of flyaways or people returning to home and hitting trees and buildings. Low pricepoint (relatively) bring a lot of careless people, so we'll see.

Looks like the might care about the US election fiasco date after all. Fiasco, that is, as seen from a British perespective. No offence intended.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
Fiasco? You are to kind. We have been told to vote for the lesser of two evils, ergo we will have someone Evil in the "Big Chair" regardless of who wins. Fortunately or otherwise this being a family oriented site, I can't really use the description that comes to mind when I think of November. Lets just say it starts with the word "cluster" ....

Fiasco? You are to kind. We have been told to vote for the lesser of two evils, ergo we will have someone Evil in the "Big Chair" regardless of who wins. Fortunately or otherwise this being a family oriented site, I can't really use the description that comes to mind when I think of November. Lets just say it starts with the word "cluster" ....
"Cluster ...." you too sir are to kind.

"Cluster ...." you too sir are to kind.
I would get banned if I added the other half of "cluster" to my reply:oops:. Were it not for this forum I would still be trying to get off the ground, so I will leave it up to the people reading my post to get my drift.
Still, if you did indeed get my meaning then you are essentially correct-way too kind. ;)

I would get banned if I added the other half of "cluster" to my reply:oops:. Were it not for this forum I would still be trying to get off the ground, so I will leave it up to the people reading my post to get my drift.
Still, if you did indeed get my meaning then you are essentially correct-way too kind. ;)

Oh I got your meaning and agree it is at least that. The .... .... .. ...... In ........ ....... ...... for prison!!!! Is how I really feel about that.

I dont think we should be discissing politics in this forum. When I fly my Inspire 1v2 I forget about politics and just enjoy living. I enjoy all the helpful comments about flying our birds and dealing with the FFA from our members and think we should keep our comments about politics to ourselves.

I dont think we should be discissing politics in this forum. When I fly my Inspire 1v2 I forget about politics and just enjoy living. I enjoy all the helpful comments about flying our birds and dealing with the FFA from our members and think we should keep our comments about politics to ourselves.
Agreed - enough about politics.

I said release was November 8th.
Announcement will be soon but they do not want to steal the Mavic thunder at the moment and the rush is to compete with the Karma.
Understandable. Thanks for the clarification!

How many times in the last year have posters stated with certainty that the Inspire 2 was imminent? I mean, the X5 had only just been announced and we had members that were certain the Inspire 2 had to be just around the corner.

When a major model such as the Inspire gets a substantial upgrade such as the X5 and the the X5 Pro they do not then drop a new model of that anytime soon -- this is marketing 101 folks.

I think we may see the I2 sometime in the first half of next year, but it could be in the second half or not at all. It's likely, in my opinion, that if and when the I1 is released it will incorporate more collision avoidance sensors and, hopefully, a better gimbal and a higher bit rate encoder for the video. So, it's likely that they, DJI, will want more time to see how the added sensors on the Matrice 600 and Phantom 4 work out and it's a sure bet they will look to extend those developments with he I2. They must know that going forward drones will need more sensors and better collision avoidance so one has to assume they will be pushing new things along this line with each new release. The I2 is not ready for that and probably wont be until the middle of next year.

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brainfraktured