Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 announcement very soon!?!

Probably will be GS... Apple is having its major new hardware / IOS9 reveal on the 9th....

First time poster here, but I’ve been lurking these forums for awhile now. So for a few days now I have suspected that the announcement of the Inspire 2 was the reason for dji.com being down for so long. Then a few hours ago I was Google searching for the link to the DJI forums and saw this. So hopefully the site will come back online with the new Inspire 2 model having significant camera upgrades, fpv camera, and faster memory card writing speeds!

Inspire%202_zpsuzayvq0v.png
Like the camera upgrade, but will it fit my Inspire 1? A higher megapixel camera would have been the first thing I would have pushed out. I don't need a whole new aircraft.

You need more resolution? If a camera update is imminent, I would prefer higher bitrate and framerate.

Reactions: Ferdi
You need more resolution? If a camera update is imminent, I would prefer higher bitrate and framerate.
Agree! All of the above. I like the ability to crop with higher Rez. The point here is why a whole new Inspire if all I need is a better camera,

Please,please give me a camera where I can change my F-function.Would really happy with a camera where I can change this.
As far as GS I don't care this anymore.I fly to where I want.
Oh and another good thing would be just an app without all the rubbish b*llshit as social media stuff.

DJI.com is not down. Their index page isn't loading correctly. They will figure it out soon.

Whatever the case may be I will keep on flying my p2v2+ until the "new" inspire comes out. They should have never released the P3 advanced and prof. until they fixed the Inspire shortcomings.

They should have never released the P3 advanced and prof. until they fixed the Inspire shortcomings.
It wouldn't have been a very good business decision to hold the P3 back for 6 months just because you aren't happy with the Inspire.

I would like to know why someone thinks there's a Inspire 2 in the works when there's so many problems with the 1. The Inspire 1 is a great platform that can handle a lot of add on's, I think it would be a bad business decision to come out with a 2. If they can't upgrade and fix the 1 why would you buy a 2? I have two, 1's and one is in CA being fixed because of a takeoff on its own. They charged me 236$ for parts before they would start to work on it. I have kept my mouth and fingers quite, we will see. I love the Inspire 1 and that's the reason I bought a backup. DJI needs to get their act together. Ever looked at the Solo? GoPro isn't a small fly by night Company.

I would be very upset if an Inspire 2 comes out with a better camera. I just bought the Inspire 1 in January...I kept asking all the reviewers and "experts," Beta Testers...about the camera...not one single person or group gave anything close to a definitive assessment of the camera...all I heard was, "It Shoots 4K." I do video for a living...the camera on the INspire1 is less than adequate. The system and craft are both wonderful. If DJI is now putting their effort towards an improved unit (INspire 2), ignoring those of us who took the chance on a the Inspire 1, I would be majorly pissed. I'm ranting now, but when I hear people talking about an INspire 2 with a better camera, I get crazy. The friggin' camera comes off the INspire 1...get us a better camera that I don't have to spend hours trying to make the images look good!

Reactions: rtrhead
I completely agree with you about the flying platform working fine, but there has to be an upgrade coming soon whether it’s labeled as the Inspire 2 or Inspire 1+, ect. DJI shot themselves in the foot by releasing the Phantom 3 with lightbridge and the same camera as the Inspire. I was waiting for all of the Inspire bugs to get worked out before purchasing one, but then the P3 was released and I couldn’t justify the extra expense for landing gear that folds up.
I have to point out that the P3 and I1 are completely different platforms that have more differences than just retractable landing gear. The I1 has significantly more power and can operate in higher wind regimes and attain higher velocities. It is also arguably more stable due to its increased mass versus the P3. The dual-controller option is also a big difference especially for operators who need to separate the piloting duties from the cameraman duties for either safety or creative reasons or both (you can't simultaneously pan and tilt a P3 camera via the controller like you can on an I1 for example). The I1s HDMI output also allows independent ground recording of the 720P LightBridge feed providing a video feed for an outboard recorder and/or large screen monitor for larger live audiences. This is also a valuable independent FPV backup for the smart device interface which can be less reliable than a simple HDMI monitor providing increased safety during flight (flight data overlay is also provided as an option). The camera payload is removable and therefore upgradable. It can also be used as a stand-alone hand-held gimbal whenever DJI gets around to releasing the handle for it. There are already alternative cameras and other imaging devices from 3rd party manufacturers (IR imagers, LIDAR, etc.).

Yes, it is significantly more expensive than a P3, but for those of us who want its increased functionality, expandability, and enhanced capabilities, it's worth the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kharmachanic
Well GS is coming this week according to DJI. Also interDronein Vegas is this coming week so they may announce something else there as well. They have one of the first keynotes.

I am putting my money on a range of camera options. With this platform they could easily implement, Thermal, IR. I's like to see a 40MP cam and eventual video upgrades. The bird flies fine.
They do have the waypoints and points of interest upgrades coming on the 7th of Sept.. so that will be a neat feature set. .

Reactions: Steve Reid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk