Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 announcement very soon!?!

Reaction score
First time poster here, but I’ve been lurking these forums for awhile now. So for a few days now I have suspected that the announcement of the Inspire 2 was the reason for dji.com being down for so long. Then a few hours ago I was Google searching for the link to the DJI forums and saw this. So hopefully the site will come back online with the new Inspire 2 model having significant camera upgrades, fpv camera, and faster memory card writing speeds!

Inspire%202_zpsuzayvq0v.png

Pretty sure that is just a reference to a forum thread asking
When it will be release/announced.

With the risk of being completely wrong, I still do not see an Inspire 2 coming out anytime soon. Everything you mentioned could be done with a new camera. The flying platform itself works. I see them upgrading the firmware 100 more times and perhaps a new cam at some point before they even consider an Inspire 2. Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Pretty sure that is just a reference to a forum thread asking
When it will be release/announced.

I checked the first page of threads and there wasn't anything similar. Plus the descriptions under the Phantom 3, SDK and Ronin are all normal. It just seems suspicious to me, but I could be wrong.

With the risk of being completely wrong, I still do not see an Inspire 2 coming out anytime soon. Everything you mentioned could be done with a new camera. The flying platform itself works. I see them upgrading the firmware 100 more times and perhaps a new cam at some point before they even consider an Inspire 2. Those are my thoughts on the matter.

I second this. The (in my case, at least) rock solid flying platform could use a lot less improvement than the substandard camera. They could start with a larger sensor and better compression rates and go from there.

My God I hope we're right!

I second this. The (in my case, at least) rock solid flying platform could use a lot less improvement than the substandard camera. They could start with a larger sensor and better compression rates and go from there.

My God I hope we're right!

I completely agree with you about the flying platform working fine, but there has to be an upgrade coming soon whether it’s labeled as the Inspire 2 or Inspire 1+, ect. DJI shot themselves in the foot by releasing the Phantom 3 with lightbridge and the same camera as the Inspire. I was waiting for all of the Inspire bugs to get worked out before purchasing one, but then the P3 was released and I couldn’t justify the extra expense for landing gear that folds up.

I also hope the next upgrade will be based around a better camera, the base system works well and is an obvious upgrade over the Phantom 3 in terms of stability, control, and perceived quality, but is is now a hard sell to justify the almost 3x the price compared to a phantom 3.

Reactions: Kleivin
What a bummer would be for people who recently bought the inspire 1, I hope DJI won't release any time soon the updated model.

I approve Mazz's message. If the I2 does come out I am more than happy with the I1 and wouldn't even bat an eye on the I2.

Reactions: DustyVisor

Concur! This platform works and is proving itself STABLE and is a pleasurable to fly! The Matrice would be your next option. Definitely in the market for another cam, or 3rd party options, but patience is thinning. Truly believe by really making a flagship cam on this level, will put a dent in the other DJI lineup, just a reminder that there are other platforms designed for heavier and bigger equipment. Say it ain't so, but Apple and other top line manufacturers including Nikon, Cannon, etc don't put all their eggs in one basket, FACT[emoji6]! Other variables would include patent loyalties and such.. Marketing, Market share, and Innovation will keep you afloat[emoji6].02

First time poster here, but I’ve been lurking these forums for awhile now. So for a few days now I have suspected that the announcement of the Inspire 2 was the reason for dji.com being down for so long. Then a few hours ago I was Google searching for the link to the DJI forums and saw this. So hopefully the site will come back online with the new Inspire 2 model having significant camera upgrades, fpv camera, and faster memory card writing speeds!

Inspire%202_zpsuzayvq0v.png
Nope! - No Inspire 2
However, there will be an announcement tomorrow guys!

Announcement tomorrow, release Sept 9th.

Not allowed to say anything else.......

I think the next big thing in UAV tech will be collision avoidance like we are seeing with cars now.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips