Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 antennae on Inspire 1 remote?

Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been raised but I can't find anything.

There is a known design fault with the Inspire 1 antennae where the Master / Slave 5.8GHz signal can swamp the 2.4GHz aircraft / RC signal when master and slave are in close proximity.

I'm just wondering if this has been sorted on the Inspire 2 with an improved antenna design and if so, is it possible to replace the I1 antennae with I2 antennae without too much difficulty?

Hope somebody can provide he answer.

Not sure if this has already been raised but I can't find anything.

There is a known design fault with the Inspire 1 antennae where the Master / Slave 5.8GHz signal can swamp the 2.4GHz aircraft / RC signal when master and slave are in close proximity.

I'm just wondering if this has been sorted on the Inspire 2 with an improved antenna design and if so, is it possible to replace the I1 antennae with I2 antennae without too much difficulty?

Hope somebody can provide he answer.

The main antennas on the Inspire 2 RC are 2.4ghz only, there are 2 additional ceramic Patch antennas inside the top of the rc specifically for 5.8 and duel ops.

As for swapping them over no reason you can not but no need tbh just disconnecting the 5.8 connection and adding an separate antenna for that would achieve the same thing.

The I2 antennas them selves are not going to be any better than the I1 ones in reality.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam