Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Battery error

Reaction score
Morning, hope someone can help. Upgraded latest software and now two sets of batteries are showing error. Any suggestions

You have to upgrade the firmware for the batteries too. Use DJI Assistant 2 and it should pop saying firmware mis-match. Although I did have a set of batteries (which I knew weren't updated) looking ok but I did the upgrade firmware anyway.

You have to upgrade the firmware for the batteries too. Use DJI Assistant 2 and it should pop saying firmware mis-match. Although I did have a set of batteries (which I knew weren't updated) looking ok but I did the upgrade firmware anyway.
Thank you all is great again

Hi Everyone that might have lose a battery due to a bad cell. I had two that said they had a bad cell. Well the new firmware fixed it. Just charged it. Updated the firmware. Charged it again and let it set for 72 hrs. I had to charge it again but the cells are balanced and everything is fine.

Hi Everyone that might have lose a battery due to a bad cell. I had two that said they had a bad cell. Well the new firmware fixed it. Just charged it. Updated the firmware. Charged it again and let it set for 72 hrs. I had to charge it again but the cells are balanced and everything is fine.

Oh wow! I have a battery that gives a bad cell error and I'm hoping this will fix it. I upgraded all the firmware on drone/controllers/batteries and then went to charge the bad one (along with it's good mate). The charger shows the typical blinking green LED for the good mate, but for the bad cell battery, it just shows solid red LED.

What were the LED indicators displaying when you performed the process you describe above?
Curious,

Will

Were you able to charge it before you updated the firmware? I was. When I put them in the I2 it said bad cells. Updated the firmware and put it back on the charger and it did not want to charge. Let it set for 72 hrs. and was able to charge and they worked. Check out the DJI forum on this. Hope it works for you.

Were you able to charge it before you updated the firmware? I was. When I put them in the I2 it said bad cells. Updated the firmware and put it back on the charger and it did not want to charge. Let it set for 72 hrs. and was able to charge and they worked. Check out the DJI forum on this. Hope it works for you.

Ah, no, my battery just failed to charge one day after a flight with the "bad cell" error. What really sucks is that DJI support burned a week having me try 3 - 4 different involved, but totally dead-end things so in the end I insisted on a replacement they said, "Sorry, your battery's warranty expired 1 day ago." I was sooooo pissed. :(

Will

I would just walk away from it for 4 days. Put the batteries back in the I2. Make sure you set the discharge time to 5 days on the controller. See if it says firmware mis-match, it might a few minutes. If so then let it update the firmware. Turn it off after update and let the batteries set for 3 days before trying to use them. I would put the batteries on the I2 and see if you get a "bad cell" before trying to charge them. Hope this works.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters