Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 battery spring issues

Reaction score
I just got a brand new inspire 2 and when you insert the batteries, particularly the one on the right, the spring mechanism doesn't push the button all the way back up, so I keep getting battery insertion errors, battery low temperature errors and all sorts of other issues related to battery. The other day on a shoot, sometimes it took me 10 minutes of finagling to get the batteries to take. This thing is literally brand new and it was like this out of the box. When you mess with that mechanism with no battery in place, you can see that either the spring is weak or the mechanism is getting too much friction or something because it doesn't naturally want to slide up and down. Does anyone know if it's possible to put a drop of oil in there somewhere or otherwie somehow free up that mechanism? I sure hate to send this in, as I am in the middle of a Top Gear shoot and have only just finally sorted out getting them to transfer my pro-res license to this one as my other one has also been in for repairs.

Cheers

I just got a brand new inspire 2 and when you insert the batteries, particularly the one on the right, the spring mechanism doesn't push the button all the way back up, so I keep getting battery insertion errors, battery low temperature errors and all sorts of other issues related to battery. The other day on a shoot, sometimes it took me 10 minutes of finagling to get the batteries to take. This thing is literally brand new and it was like this out of the box. When you mess with that mechanism with no battery in place, you can see that either the spring is weak or the mechanism is getting too much friction or something because it doesn't naturally want to slide up and down. Does anyone know if it's possible to put a drop of oil in there somewhere or otherwie somehow free up that mechanism? I sure hate to send this in, as I am in the middle of a Top Gear shoot and have only just finally sorted out getting them to transfer my pro-res license to this one as my other one has also been in for repairs.

Cheers
Hello Cheers.!..
I don't know if your Inspire 2 is under warranty because it is a new equipment, if so, don't risk doing something to the drone to improve that problem with the spring of the battery release button and simply send it to repair DJI, if it is a new equipment but without warranty, I suggest that you do not try to put oil as you may have thought of doing, if you are one of those who like it and have the skills to try to fix it yourself, do it, the problem seems to be that the battery interlock mechanism is incorrectly mounted, by the release button, perhaps with a small adjustment it will be fine, but you have to remove the upper part of the Inspire's casing to be able to check the mechanism. Luck.!

Yeah thanks for that ... I ended up sending it back. They had clearly sent me a refurb that wasn't right on many levels

Reactions: SlimPickens
Hopefully you got it sorted. They repaired and returned my I2 in less than 10 days. Did you get a totally different drone or a repair?

Pretty sure it was just a new drone
The 1st one with the bad battery setup was supposed to be new, but I'm pretty sure it was a refurb...
It all ended up getting sorted, but sure did take a long time and a LOT of back and forth... plus a day on set struggling with battery issues

Reactions: SlimPickens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela