Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Camera options

Probably minor, little less noise and that's it. Doubt 16->20MP makes any difference either when you're stitching/processing shots anyway.

Sorry i disagree.

The upgrade from 16mp to 20mp on stitching in something like Drone2Map, or Simactive Correlater, can be substantial. The other thing is clarity. We use the Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 and an Olympus 12mm lens, and while this is a superb lens on the Olympus Pen F (20Mp) on the Inspire 1 even on manual focussing I still struggle to get what I class as superb mapping scenes.

Obviously we will need to see what the usability is like, however, I get as good as the quality on the Inspire as I do with our Phantom 4, so I suspect that the Phantom 4 Pro with 20Mp and mechanical aperture) will also look stunning. In this case, the Inspire 2 would offer different lenses (and therefore the Olympus again) and a little more resilience re weather, redundancy, however its a manual m4/3 system compared to the Pro now which is built in and automatic, it will be very interesting.

I will be upgrading our Phantom 4 to the Pro as a backup, and am lucky our supplier will take the Pro back as we just bought it and we can use against a new purchase (so we probably get the Inspire 2 - but do we go for the 4 or 5 variant camera - thats my issue.

ok so Is it possible that the X4S is almoust so good like X5 was on Inspire 1 ?

Based on what we have out there, you can compare a Sony rx100 to a gh4 with comparable lens specs and have your answer.

In my opinion based on what I have seen, the x4s will video image quality will be similar to the x5 (if not better with the 100mb/s) but the photo quality should be likely noticabley worse, and no lens flexibility.

I want a inspire 2 without the cinema dng/Apple pro res license, I wish they could have made that option slightly cheaper than 4800$

I want a inspire 2 without the cinema dng/Apple pro res license, I wish they could have made that option slightly cheaper than 4800$

Then take that $4899 and Canadianize it and you get $6661 ->ouch!!!
(oh and of course add 4 extra batteries $5534us = $7526 canadian))

Fix the world price of oil so we Canadians can afford DJI products.
It was not all that long ago when the cdn / us dollars were par.

Can someone enlighten me please? If I don't purchase the Dng or Prores options, what codec does it use? Is it still 100Mbs? Are these options only for raw?
Without the purchase DNG Prores Option you will have 4k25p to 4k60p in H264 100mp or 4K25p - 30p in H265 100mp

I have been flying the I2 and the P4P for some time now I will say that the standard class 10 SD cards are not up to the task. I got 1 out of 4 videos to record successfully. I am going with the ultra cards in the future. The good news is that you can record to the SSD card for everything now. DJI is shipping the SSD card and reader to me and it will have the DNG and Prores enabled. I know that this is an expensive option for most users but the pro users will amortize that cost quickly.

Reactions: ash223
I have been flying the I2 and the P4P for some time now I will say that the standard class 10 SD cards are not up to the task. I got 1 out of 4 videos to record successfully. I am going with the ultra cards in the future. The good news is that you can record to the SSD card for everything now. DJI is shipping the SSD card and reader to me and it will have the DNG and Prores enabled. I know that this is an expensive option for most users but the pro users will amortize that cost quickly.

You have been flying the inspire 2 and the phantom 4 pro for sometime now?

Based on what we have out there, you can compare a Sony rx100 to a gh4 with comparable lens specs and have your answer.

In my opinion based on what I have seen, the x4s will video image quality will be similar to the x5 (if not better with the 100mb/s) but the photo quality should be likely noticabley worse, and no lens flexibility.

you can buy the x5s without a lens for $1399. so thats $4399 if you have mft lenses already. I also purchase most of my quad/rc stuff from a dealer who has a rewards program(allerc) and I saved another $400, so my i2 with x5s was $4000. that helped me a lot, and i can upgrade as needed.

Reactions: ARF
you can buy the x5s without a lens for $1399. so thats $4399 if you have mft lenses already. I also purchase most of my quad/rc stuff from a dealer who has a rewards program(allerc) and I saved another $400, so my i2 with x5s was $4000. that helped me a lot, and i can upgrade as needed.

That is a great point, and essentially the price point I think a photo centric drone of this caliber shouldbe be placed, 3-4K. With the video features it is under priced if you ask me, however I am only interested in still photography, and personally feel it is overpriced for those needs. Not by much, and yes I understand what things used to cost so I am being way too picky.

That is a great point, and essentially the price point I think a photo centric drone of this caliber shouldbe be placed, 3-4K. With the video features it is under priced if you ask me, however I am only interested in still photography, and personally feel it is overpriced for those needs. Not by much, and yes I understand what things used to cost so I am being way too picky.
Michael - I to am mostly interested in photography, and agree with you.

I'm considering whether to purchase an I1 or I2. I'm leaning towards the I1, as I don't see any advantage, photography wise, for the extra cost of the new one..............

Well to be honest the dual battery and seemingly more reliable system appears to be a nice upgrade.

The more I think of it the more I think there is a nice gap that dji can fill in their lineup.

A still photographers drone, with little to no video centric Functions.

The inspire is great but a touch too much overall, the new phantom 4 pro is close, but a lack of amazing lenses just doesn't do it for me.

I really feel they can make a slightly smaller inspire with a camera just like the x5 for 3000$.

Well to be honest the dual battery and seemingly more reliable system appears to be a nice upgrade.

The more I think of it the more I think there is a nice gap that dji can fill in their lineup.

A still photographers drone, with little to no video centric Functions.

The inspire is great but a touch too much overall, the new phantom 4 pro is close, but a lack of amazing lenses just doesn't do it for me.

I really feel they can make a slightly smaller inspire with a camera just like the x5 for 3000$.
I'm waiting for a comparison of the X5 with stock lens and the X4S before deciding between an I1 or I2.....

The x4s will not take better images than an X5 with a 12mm Olympus.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing...... I don't think the increase to 20.8 MP will make up for the smaller sensor. Hopefully, someone will do a comparison between the two to confirm.

If they are anywhere close I will be switching. I consistently have problems with the X5 in DroneDeploy. Between focus and the exposure changing multiple times in a flight, I'd love to go back to the X3 if the resolution was better.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

If they are anywhere close I will be switching. I consistently have problems with the X5 in DroneDeploy. Between focus and the exposure changing multiple times in a flight, I'd love to go back to the X3 if the resolution was better.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
Is it not possible to set both the focus and exposure to manual?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry