Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Camera Settings

Reaction score
First flight with the I2 today. short flight because of the weather. Still trying to figure out exposure settings. Is there a good video out there that explains manual settings for video shoots. I come from a P4 background using ND filters on auto and histogram to adjust my Real Estate videos. Not much post editing because I have a slight case of Color blindness. Cruel joke right! I have ordered ND and some PL filters for the I2 but have not received them them Any help would be appreciated. sample of my old process

First flight with the I2 today. short flight because of the weather. Still trying to figure out exposure settings. Is there a good video out there that explains manual settings for video shoots. I come from a P4 background using ND filters on auto and histogram to adjust my Real Estate videos. Not much post editing because I have a slight case of Color blindness. Cruel joke right! I have ordered ND and some PL filters for the I2 but have not received them them Any help would be appreciated. sample of my old process
You do not say what camera you have (X4S or X5S) and if the latter which lens you are using......

Really nice video. The I2 may be new to you but you obviously have some drone flight and photography experience. I think that manual is the way to go for commercial work. The auto exposure pops from exposure to exposure and it's distracting. Just underexpose a tiny bit and drive your editing with your histograms. Color blindness doesn't affect your ability to discern light and shadow does it? I believe it just skews colors. I think you work looks great. I might have tweaked the exposure in a couple of places but nice job, really.

Just noticed, tricky little airspace you have going on around Falmouth.

Last edited:
Really nice video. The I2 may be new to you but you obviously have some drone flight and photography experience. I think that manual is the way to go for commercial work. The auto exposure pops from exposure to exposure and it's distracting. Just underexpose a tiny bit and drive your editing with your histograms. Color blindness doesn't affect your ability to discern light and shadow does it? I believe it just skews colors. I think you work looks great. I might have tweaked the exposure in a couple of places but nice job, really.

Just noticed, tricky little airspace you have going on around Falmouth.

I did as you said. My PolarPro 6 pack arrived this weekend. Ran auto for a moment to get general setting. Punched them into the polarPro app to get an idea of what filter to use. flipped over to manual and used histogram. Worked great! Thanks again

Yes, Falmouth can be a little tricky. Mainly around Otis Air Base. I have reached out to the Tower each time to check in and they have always been great. Just get grounded whenever the Prez goes to Marthas Vinyard.

Interesting. But now you don't have to get grounded too often right, POTUS T goes to Florida, right?

BTW, I'm a professional advertising photographer and I love histograms. Once you get used to reading and using them they are fantastic data to have access to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thefollower