Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 case??

Reaction score
anyone know of any hard cased options? I ordered the I2 and am not quite sure what case it comes with..??
Thanks

Will the I2 fit into 3rd party I1 landing mode cases?

No, as you can see in the attached pic I found, the I2 is about 2 inches larger than the I1.
Companies like Go Professional Cases and others should have cases designed for the I2 by the time they start to ship though.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
754cf828423c9c14d5c57979e5ba04bf.jpg

Reactions: SanCap
Yes, they told me the same thing. I'm curious if it's possible to fit with a new insert as they suggest. The I2 is wider and the I1 is already close to the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will see how that works out, I'll be buying a whole new case for the i2 since I am upgrading from a phantom. Seems like the best backpack solution you can get in my opinion

That's great to hear! Will get it with the hard case for better protection when traveling on the plane. Now dji just needs to deliver on time :/

The hard case availability keeps getting pushed back. Not sure it will ever arrive. I've been on the waiting list for months.
I was able to check my X5 insPak just fine on the plane. Asked the airlines for a child seat plastic bag and wrapped the insPak. Removed the batts and camera and placed in my carryon. All was good on three different airline flights!

The hard case availability keeps getting pushed back. Not sure it will ever arrive. I've been on the waiting list for months.
I was able to check my X5 insPak just fine on the plane. Asked the airlines for a child seat plastic bag and wrapped the insPak. Removed the batts and camera and placed in my carryon. All was good on three different airline flights!

That sucks to hear, I hope they will get it done together with the inspak for the i2. The idea behind is simple yet very convenient and would definitely save me from worrying when checking it in. Thanks for sharing your experience!

That sucks to hear, I hope they will get it done together with the inspak for the i2. The idea behind is simple yet very convenient and would definitely save me from worrying when checking it in. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I agree I wish they sold them in a package... I know a lot of people would purchase..

Be prepared for sticker shock when you go to price out a third party DJI I2 case. Even those that require you pluck out the foam to make the form are expensive. Just sayin......

I decided that I would use the existing I2 case and wrap it in this for folding bike travel bag for my driving around with my vehicle: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...Foldable+Travel+Set+for+Brompton+No+Bike+Logo

It may not be 'gorilla proof' for an airline, but the sides are padded and there is room for some reinforcement. I like that it is low key and does not announce that something valuable is within.

I am hoping later when I am ready for a stronger case there will be some excellent choices out there. Like a backpack that fits in a hard case... I will be using the I2 in the desert a lot.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Reactions: dec

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide