Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 'for sale' scam? Does anyone recognize this drone?

Reaction score
Maybe someone here has seen these pictures. There is an Inspire 2 x5s posted for sale" near me", and I'm 99% sure it's a scam, but now i'm just really curious and maybe someone here recognizes this bird, since it appears (according to EXIF) to have been sold on Ebay UK at some point in 11/2018 (possibly New Wave Media gave up and sold off their gear?)

Wondering if someone on here actually bought and owns it now? Or is some strange Norwegian person with multiple names, writing from Norway through a proxy, claiming to be near me. LOL.

Attachments

• 1[11].jpg
    1[11].jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 61
Maybe someone here has seen these pictures. There is an Inspire 2 x5s posted for sale" near me", and I'm 99% sure it's a scam, but now i'm just really curious and maybe someone here recognizes this bird, since it appears (according to EXIF) to have been sold on Ebay UK at some point in 11/2018 (possibly New Wave Media gave up and sold off their gear?)

Wondering if someone on here actually bought and owns it now? Or is some strange Norwegian person with multiple names, writing from Norway through a proxy, claiming to be near me. LOL.
Here’s a radical idea.....

Why not give the former owner a call and ask them? :)
or

Here’s a radical idea.....

Why not give the former owner a call and ask them? :)
or
Thanks for the radical suggestion, and i don't have FB, but did send them a message on twitter but they haven't posted anything in about 2 years so prob gave up on that too, which is why i asked if anyone had seen it or bought it on ebay.

? and the reverse lookup on them shows a disconnected phone number. oh well

Last edited:
Thanks for the radical suggestion, and i don't have FB, but did send them a message on twitter but they haven't posted anything in about 2 years so prob gave up on that too, which is why i asked if anyone had see it or bought it on ebay.

?
Ahh ok. I guess you could try their phone number but that maybe out of service as well if the company has folded.

Ahh ok. I guess you could try their phone number but that maybe out of service as well if the company has folded.
Yeah, the phone number is disconnected.
I don't mean to waste anyone's time, I'm just really curious and as a security officer, I love tracking down scams and shutting them down.

For sure! There's no end to the crap people will do to each other for money. It's incredible and sad.
More for your investigative adventures. This one will at some point refer you to “Stephanie”. I bailed as soon as she was mentioned. Notice the different phone numbers.B30B9C16-227A-40E2-9DF5-4862D611B32D.pngE2C92011-47C5-49AF-A0CB-4C8B7F0CAE3D.png3F7C8DF4-086F-404F-9525-5A48324F4820.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry