Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - Ground Station Pro (GSP) questions

Reaction score
I think I may know the answer but would like to see what others know before I make a conclusion. When it comes to GSP I am doing some mapping with my inspire 2 and have been for a while but recently, and I am not sure why but when I am doing a 3d map all my photos are coming out 4:3 mode.

I looked back to some projects I have done in the past and looked at the photos and have noticed they actually where shot in 16:9. Coming back to today, I have tried everything to get the software to shoot photos 16:9 in a planned 3d mapping flight, but no matter what I do its shooting in 4:3.

Looking around I came across a post that stated if you are shooting in photo mode its best to use 4:3 mainly because when the camera shoots photos in 16:9 format it crops out the upper and lower regions of the sensor to create the 16:9 layout, so if you shoot in 4:3 then you use the whole sensor and get full use of it.

I have looked at the difference of the two formats in the GSP software and it appears other then cropping out the upper and lower regions the frame, I am not seeing any difference in the photos qualities or results.

My guess is the software has changed to reflect getting the most it can collect off the sensor by shooting automatically shooting in 4:3 mode.

I have no clue if this is true but its all I can figure out at this time, if anyone knows different or have a better view on what is going on I would appreciate any information on the situation.

many thanks

I’ve been mapping with an Inspire 2 x5s and GSP for over a year now. One time I had an issue where it switched to 16:9 without me making the change so I just changed it back in the settings. It is now part of my pre-flight check along with all the other camera settings, format sd card, etc. The settings will carry over from the GO 4 app so I always check to make sure I wasn’t shooting something other than a map mission previously.

Unless you are saying you changed the setting and it is still shooting in 16:9, you probably need to implement the most useful IT solution of all time... reboot. :D

JJKowals

thanks for the response and as you stated I have been doing that but no matter what I have done when I feed the data up to the drone for the flight, it will automatically covert back. As I have been reading into things and confirming, over all you most likely what it to photograph in 4:3, because to get the 16:9 format, it is only cropping the upper and bottom part of the chip to create the layout, so when you are in 4:3 you are getting the most out of the sensor.

best Jack

Reactions: smokinsound
JJKowals

thanks for the response and as you stated I have been doing that but no matter what I have done when I feed the data up to the drone for the flight, it will automatically covert back. As I have been reading into things and confirming, over all you most likely what it to photograph in 4:3, because to get the 16:9 format, it is only cropping the upper and bottom part of the chip to create the layout, so when you are in 4:3 you are getting the most out of the sensor.

best Jack

^^ Agreed. This is the better method. Get the most out of your sensor, and crop in post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont