Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Help needed.

Well, in a way, DJI Reps where right, you don't need a lens... if you buy the right camera aka the x4s :eek: - 'cause it's built in to that.

In case you haven't guessed Vascious, with the x5s you need lenses (m4/3 or micro 4/3rds), and you also need lenses with the X7 - DJI's own X7 specific ones. So you've a choice - keep the x5 or x7 and buy some lenses for them, or send the cameras back and get the x4s instead.

So I bought an inspire 2 and an x5s, updated everything and connected the camera. All I get on the dji app is lens disconnected, no matter what I do, it won' work. So I bought another inspire 2 and tried the x5s on that one and got the same thing, thought it was the camera so I bought the x7 camera and I'm still getting the problem on both drones, bought the drones from bestbuy and it' too late to return it. I' stuck with 4 useless items would really like a fix. This is too much money to be wasted, dji hasn' been any help.

I assume that having received your lenses you've found that all is well with the functioning of your cameras. Your lack of basic understanding of the function of a camera has been the source of quite a bit of sarcasm here and that is unfortunate and unnecessary. I would have assumed that this group of pilots would only choose to be helpful or, in the alternative, simply move on to another post.

I suppose that now there will be the responses seeking to justify why it was reasonable to take jabs at someone who didn't know what they know. This is what makes people reluctant to seek answers from their peers; and that doesn't help anyone.

Reactions: NickU
Just had a thought Vascious, after you have received and tried your lenses, when you look at photos (or video) you take with either camera you may find dark dots or out of focus dark curly lines appearing on the image, especially if you use narrower apertures.

If you do, it isn't an issue with the camera or lens, it's dust or hairs on the camera sensor - as you flew the cameras without a lens attached, dust and hair/fibres may have got into the camera and stuck on the sensor. If that's the case, you need to find a local camera store or photographer that can clean the dust and hair off the sensor for you.

So I bought an inspire 2 and an x5s, updated everything and connected the camera. All I get on the dji app is lens disconnected, no matter what I do, it won' work. So I bought another inspire 2 and tried the x5s on that one and got the same thing, thought it was the camera so I bought the x7 camera and I'm still getting the problem on both drones, bought the drones from bestbuy and it' too late to return it. I' stuck with 4 useless items would really like a fix. This is too much money to be wasted, dji hasn' been any help.
Morning, interesting reading what are you trying to prove by not installing lens on your cameras. It must be nice to be able to throw away money and then talk about it ?. I started off with the Inspire 1 with it's camera and lens when they first hit the market all went well, then came the Inspire 2 with the S4 and later the S5 camera AND lens. The catch line is I first sold the Inspire 1 complete and then moved up to the Inspire 2 with S5 camera and lens.
Do you have a purpose for not mounting the lens on the camera or was this a means of keeping us all reading this?. I know your asking for help well here it is attach the lens to the camera and all should work well !.
I'LL agree with Samtheparrot statement "you shouldn't operate it", not everyone was meant to to operate a drone (safely).

Morning, interesting reading what are you trying to prove by not installing lens on your cameras. It must be nice to be able to throw away money and then talk about it ?. I started off with the Inspire 1 with it's camera and lens when they first hit the market all went well, then came the Inspire 2 with the S4 and later the S5 camera AND lens. The catch line is I first sold the Inspire 1 complete and then moved up to the Inspire 2 with S5 camera and lens.
Do you have a purpose for not mounting the lens on the camera or was this a means of keeping us all reading this?. I know your asking for help well here it is attach the lens to the camera and all should work well !.
I'LL agree with Samtheparrot statement "you shouldn't operate it", not everyone was meant to to operate a drone (safely).
That guy must come from another planet....lol

OMG he got an answer from Drone Nerds? I wish they would answer an email I sent 2 weeks ago. NEVER AGAIN ! with a problem I am having with my CrystalSky Ultra. Oh well.

If you want to sell the X7, I will gladly take it off your hands :) give me a price?

Ok maybe I can tag into this to get some help. I have an Inspire 2 with an X5S camera. I have multiple lenses and yes they are or have all been tried. I keep getting the lens not connected alert and as such cannot auto focus. I can swap the lenses onto an X5 and they work OK. I spent an hour with DJI online trying to find an explanation. They asked for the camera back and appear to have sent a new unit.

Still wont work. To say I'm about to stick it up DJI's backside is an understatement as it's a working tool. Not a darned toy. To be fair DJI have been good but I live in South America so every time I send a unit back its weeks in the making and the cost of shipping is horrendous. Waiting 7 weeks for a swing camera and to find it still says "NO LENS CONNECTED" is just plain demoralising.

I have updated the firmware to the latest.

I have downgraded the firmware two versions.

All have the same result. The only thing left is sent the POS back but cost is astronomical.

Has any one struck this and if so what was the fix. If I have to send it back then so be it but I dont want to ship it back for a darned simple fix.

Any help much appreciated guys.

PS. I run P4P, Inspire 1, Macic Pro and several OSMO's and have always been able to solve problems but this Inspire 2 is turning to custard.

Just to note, when I first read the OP's post I thought this was just a trolling thread. If it isn't....

Your screen name should be changed to Vacuous.

If you bought your I2 and X5S from Best Buy then the X5S included a lens. Why would you not try to mount the lens when the app complained there is no lens mounted?

If you bought a 2nd I2 from Best Buy why would you wait until the return period had expired prior to returning if it was exhibiting the same problem?

Why would you then buy an X7 camera, without a lens, when the entire problem was the app complaining the lens is disconnected?

The poster suggesting you sell it is because it appears the basic reasoning skills required to fly a drone are somewhat lacking.
Yeah, maybe because it's my first drone.

W
Ahhhh...given the level of questions you have asked and the money you have spent (assuming this post isn’t BS), In one mans opinion, mine, you shouldn’t operate it.
well I been flying it fine for a while now, opinion not needed

Well, in a way, DJI Reps where right, you don't need a lens... if you buy the right camera aka the x4s :eek: - 'cause it's built in to that.

In case you haven't guessed Vascious, with the x5s you need lenses (m4/3 or micro 4/3rds), and you also need lenses with the X7 - DJI's own X7 specific ones. So you've a choice - keep the x5 or x7 and buy some lenses for them, or send the cameras back and get the x4s instead.
I already bought lens for both cameras and got it working, thanks.

Wish I cp
Ok maybe I can tag into this to get some help. I have an Inspire 2 with an X5S camera. I have multiple lenses and yes they are or have all been tried. I keep getting the lens not connected alert and as such cannot auto focus. I can swap the lenses onto an X5 and they work OK. I spent an hour with DJI online trying to find an explanation. They asked for the camera back and appear to have sent a new unit.

Still wont work. To say I'm about to stick it up DJI's backside is an understatement as it's a working tool. Not a darned toy. To be fair DJI have been good but I live in South America so every time I send a unit back its weeks in the making and the cost of shipping is horrendous. Waiting 7 weeks for a swing camera and to find it still says "NO LENS CONNECTED" is just plain demoralising.

All have the same result. The only thing left is sent the POS back but cost is astronomical.

Has any one struck this and if so what was the fix. If I have to send it back then so be it but I dont want to ship it back for a darned simple fix.

PS. I run P4P, Inspire 1, Macic Pro and several OSMO's and have always been able to solve problems but this Inspire 2 is turning to custard.
Wish I could help man, sounds terrible. Maybe some of these other dickheads can help.

I assume that having received your lenses you've found that all is well with the functioning of your cameras. Your lack of basic understanding of the function of a camera has been the source of quite a bit of sarcasm here and that is unfortunate and unnecessary. I would have assumed that this group of pilots would only choose to be helpful or, in the alternative, simply move on to another post.

I suppose that now there will be the responses seeking to justify why it was reasonable to take jabs at someone who didn't know what they know. This is what makes people reluctant to seek answers from their peers; and that doesn't help anyone.
Yeah thanks, I have gotten everything in order and it all flies well. Thanks for asking, i appreciate your attitude.

Bestbuy doesn' sell with camera so it came with no lens, didn' work and dji told me i didn' need lens, but I bought some from dronenerds and all Iis working well now.

Just had a thought Vascious, after you have received and tried your lenses, when you look at photos (or video) you take with either camera you may find dark dots or out of focus dark curly lines appearing on the image, especially if you use narrower apertures.

If you do, it isn't an issue with the camera or lens, it's dust or hairs on the camera sensor - as you flew the cameras without a lens attached, dust and hair/fibres may have got into the camera and stuck on the sensor. If that's the case, you need to find a local camera store or photographer that can clean the dust and hair off the sensor for you.
Having no problems with the camera after installing the lens

HI Kiwi,

As far as I understand your message, you are using the standard X5S gimbal with the I2 and the older X5 gimbal with your I, is that correct? Because the X5 will only work with the I1 and the X5S will only work with the I2, the gimbal are not interchangeable.

So, which lens is giving trouble on the I2?

The lenses that DJI state are compatible with the I2 and X5S are as follows:

DJI MFT 15mm/1.7
Panasonic Lumix 15mm/1.7
Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm / 3.5-5.6 HD
Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/2.0
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm/1.8
Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6

Some of these need a balancing ring to be fitted, otherwise the gimbal will not operate correctly. Cod you test with the standard DJI 15mm lens? Does that work OK?

Hope this helps ..

I had a similar problem, stock x5 and lens, tried every fix I could find on the internet none of them helped, I had in the past played about with all the settings in the go app, broke it once or twice but all had been working great for several months when I started getting the 'lenses disconnected' message, I tried everything anyone suggested without success eventually reverted all the settings back to stock in the go app and all was fine after that. I am changing things to suit my preferences in the go app but one at a time to see what breaks it again.

I tried a balancing ring once but could never get used to it (;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet